Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dave on my tissue I can't go bigger than 1000/1.........but it's still there on you posts, a message of anger and violent intent.

If you ask me really nicely in your next post I will tell you my little secret.......I will honest........scouts honour?

Up to you?

You have serious issues young man. As a fellow Brighton supporter, I am worried for you. Seriously, seek help.

....or are you just one of those over sensitive 'snowflakes' and 'cup cakes' that I hear about?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Travelling to the US is a delight now (or at least has been on my last few trips). Online ESTA takes 5 mins to do and is valid for 2 years, electronic immigration booths at major airports means virtually no queues to enter the country. Took me longer to get back into the UK on my last tip.

Just make sure you don't get a tan or grow a beard or you'll be buggered.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes he likes to affect a persona that conveys violent intent , he even went to the trouble of inviting me to meet him to sort out our differences with a one to one fight , however he shit himself when he realised I was more than happy to oblige him and failed to turn up , then started making excuses that he never intended to and it was all a wind up at my expense , even after I posted screenshots of his private messages to me , didn't you [MENTION=14574]daveinprague[/MENTION] ? :lolol:

Well, whatever has happened there I think it's beyond doubt that DIP's posts always carry a message of anger and violent intent........only time will tell if it continues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have serious issues young man. As a fellow Brighton supporter, I am worried for you. Seriously, seek help.

I also worry for him. One day his bulging eyes will blast out of their sockets faster than a jet plane.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dave on my tissue I can't go bigger than 1000/1.........but it's still there on you posts, a message of anger and violent intent.

If you ask me really nicely in your next post I will tell you my little secret.......I will honest........scouts honour?

Up to you?

Why am I not surprised you have a tissue in your hand

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

....or are you one of those over sensitive 'snowflakes' and 'cup cakes' that I hear about?

No, absolutely not.

I have seen your posts in the past and they have always had the conveyance of anger and violent intent that you went to the personal trouble of adding.

I honestly couldn't have cared less about it, you are not the only narcissist on here. It was only when you said in a post that you don't post messages of anger or violent intent that I thought, well that's a bit odd coming from someone who has made sure his posts always carry a message of anger and violent intent.

Do you see my point?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, absolutely not.

I have seen your posts in the past and they have always had the conveyance of anger and violent intent that you went to the personal trouble of adding.

I honestly couldn't have cared less about it, you are not the only narcissist on here. It was only when you said in a post that you don't post messages of anger or violent intent that I thought, well that's a bit odd coming from someone who has made sure his posts always carry a message of anger and violent intent.

Do you see my point?

Yes. A sad admission of your 'issues'.
NSC is not the place. Seek professional help.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wow...........you have a really healthy imagination, it's actually quite impressive. You could well have a career in children's literature in the future........watch out J.K. Rowling!

Anyway, sifting through this riddle, I think you are saying you would not normally lock your parents front door when you go out because they are usually still in?

It may be hard for you to process this now, but with your imagination I think you will be able to confront the same question again?

What would you do if they had gone out and you were alone in the house.........you want to go down the shops for a copy of look-in and a bag of crisps. So, on leaving the house would you pull the front door shut and lock it or would you leave it wide open?

It might seem scary now, but believe me this will happen at some point in your life, so this is very much a valuable lesson that can be learnt now.

Perhaps you would like to read my post again particularly the comments after the opening paragraph.

You will find that your latest question had already been dealt with.

I'm now off to write my childrens book at the moment I just have the title.

Cunning Fergus comes home to find his front door open.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Perhaps you would like to read my post again particularly the comments after the opening paragraph.

You will find that your latest question had already been dealt with.

Is that the bit where you said you would lock the door?

So my point is proved isn't it.......you wouldn't leave your parents front door open, and neither would I because you don't want any old Herbert just bowling into your house, regardless of their intent.

Therefore, if you don't want any old Herbert bowling into your house, why do you want any old Herbert just bowling into the country.

It's not like the door needs to be permanently shut, when you want people to come in, they will ring your door bell first, and you will take a peek out the vision hole and if it's your auntie Mavis and cousin Derek then you invite them in.

If on the other hand it's a bloody religious fanatic standing there dripping with claret and holding your next door neighbour Alan head in his hand, you quickly double bolt the door and shout out, "not today thank you". You can then go back to watching homes under the hammer.........

Yes, I like the sound of the book......the suggested name indicates it's fiction. Good choice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

:lolol:

Cunning Fergus Goes For a Ride on a Big Jet Plane could be another title?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The attack in Dusseldorf may well have been terrifying for those present, but it was not a terror attack as far as I am aware. The man arrested at the scene had mental health issues, so in what way was there a connection to any other incident?

Loved your use of the word "may" in that post........you "may" well be made of sterner stuff than the rest of us if you think some chancer hacking at commuters with an axe on a train wasn't a terrifying experience.

It would certainly explain why you are completely comfortable with freedom of movement.

Like I have said to you in the past you are in a pretty small minority on that point.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]'s idea that I might have to catch the Megabus is certainly scary.

Going by some predictions you may well be a regular on it sooner than you think.
On the plus side you will have plenty of journey time to post reviews of the food at German service stations.
Annoyingly I suspect the fayre on offer will be vastly superior to that on offer at Watford Gap.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Loved your use of the word "may" in that post........you "may" well be made of sterner stuff than the rest of us if you think some chancer hacking at commuters with an axe on a train wasn't a terrifying experience.

It would certainly explain why you are completely comfortable with freedom of movement.

Like I have said to you in the past you are in a pretty small minority on that point.

It is a common turn of phrase in English. I loved the way you replied to a post posing a question and dodged it completely, so fergus.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
It is a common turn of phrase in English. I loved the way you replied to a post posing a question and dodged it completely, so fergus.

It is if you are trying to inject a degree of uncertainty into a construct.........however, if you wanted to be more certain you would use a common old English word like "will" instead. For example, take the two statements below:

There MAY be future terror attacks in Europe which MAY be committed by foreigners to that country. These future attacks MAY be terrifying for those involved and MAY result in fatalities.

There WILL be future terror attacks in Europe which WILL be committed by foreigners to that country. These future attacks WILL be terrifying for those involved and WILL result in fatalities.

This difference encapsulates our respective thinking.........it's why you don't care who enters this country, and why I utterly disagree with that view. Therefore nothing is being dodged because wherever we go on this debate we end up with this common denominator.

It's a key reason why the pro EU mob lost the argument about Brexit.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
More Brexit fallout.... Toyota decide to invest a further quarter of a billion pounds in their UK operations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-...=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

"Japanese carmaker Toyota is to invest almost a quarter of a billion pounds in its UK operations.
Toyota says it will invest £240m to upgrade the Burnaston plant near Derby to enable production of vehicles using its new global manufacturing system.
The carmaker says the investment will improve the plant's competitiveness and promote UK supply chain efficiencies.
Toyota has been making cars in the UK since 1992. The Burnaston plant makes the Auris and the Avensis models."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More Brexit fallout.... Toyota decide to invest a further £240m in their UK operations.

To counter that argument, the government is cutting various taxes such as corporation tax to try to retain investment in the UK. Meanwhile, our tax receipts are so low, that a lot of parents in Brighton and Hove this week, and probably elsewhere will be getting letters about how critically underfunded their schools are. Hangleton Primary already on a shoestring is £100k down for the next academic year, Benfield Primary £48k. Hove Park in similar proportion cuts.

So great that Toyota invest in the UK, shame we cannot invest in our children's futures at the same time.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
More Brexit fallout.... Toyota decide to invest a further quarter of a billion pounds in their UK operations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-...=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

"Japanese carmaker Toyota is to invest almost a quarter of a billion pounds in its UK operations.
Toyota says it will invest £240m to upgrade the Burnaston plant near Derby to enable production of vehicles using its new global manufacturing system.
The carmaker says the investment will improve the plant's competitiveness and promote UK supply chain efficiencies.
Toyota has been making cars in the UK since 1992. The Burnaston plant makes the Auris and the Avensis models."
Thanks Titanic. What exciting news next? "The University of South Cornwall is to spend £15m over the next 5 years on new student accommodation"...??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here