Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We will have visa free travel for tourists and business people i agree,

Why?

We are continually told that leavers want controlled immigration, therefore would it not be logical to assume that the position will be similar to that with the USA in that an electronic waiver will be issued if the applicant has no criminal convictions and has not previously been refused entry to the UK, otherwise an application for a visa will be required.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The word "punish" is entirely from the Mail, Juncker has said that the example of Britain will make everyone realise it is not worth leaving. 48% of those that voted agreed with him on referendum day, all but the most ardent Brexiters will agree in the end.

Leavers must surely be lining up to pay this, or indeed shouting out that €50bn is cheap and a real bargain for getting our country back. So not a problem at all.

D

Deleted member 22389

The word "punish" is entirely from the Mail, Juncker has said that the example of Britain will make everyone realise it is not worth leaving. 48% of those that voted agreed with him on referendum day, all but the most ardent Brexiters will agree in the end.

I will never agree. I love europe, but I hate that crappy organisation.

D

Deleted member 22389

Leavers must surely be lining up to pay this, or indeed shouting out that €50bn is cheap and a real bargain for getting our country back. So not a problem at all.

You mean paying for the pensions of all those bureaucrats. You think that's good value for money, because I don't. What have these people ever done for me? Nothing.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
not hypocritical but apparently very misguided about what freedom of movement means. it means there are no conditions upon the European citizen, whether they originate in Barrow, Berlin or Barcelona.

To put my aside in context, it was a reference to the UK being outside the Schengen Area and therefore more easily able to carry out checks on all entrants, including those from the EU, in a way that would not apply to someone moving from one part of the country to another. How do you feel this is 'very misguided'?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
My dad was British, served in the RAF as an aircraft mechanic, if he was still alive today he would have been a definite leaver.

If you say so I am sure that is true and good luck to him. I have a friend, no longer young, who is the daughter of an Admiral of the Fleet. As a child she saw the workings of empire, was at the Palace for the investiture and was once the little one boarding the battleship returning to Portsmouth. Her patriotism comes from deep down and personal experience. She was deeply upset at what happened on on 23 June. In itself, that doesn't prove much, other than perhaps it is best not to associate love of country and our armed forces with either side of this debate. There are better platforms.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you say so I am sure that is true and good luck to him. I have a friend, no longer young, who is the daughter of an Admiral of the Fleet. As a child she saw the workings of empire, was at the Palace for the investiture and was once the little one boarding the battleship returning to Portsmouth. Her patriotism comes from deep down and personal experience. She was deeply upset at what happened on on 23 June. In itself, that doesn't prove much, other than perhaps it is best not to associate love of country and our armed forces with either side of this debate. There are better platforms.

Father served 20+ in Royal Navy. He would have been gutted at this result. He'd seen the world and knew unity was better than going it alone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To put my aside in context, it was a reference to the UK being outside the Schengen Area and therefore more easily able to carry out checks on all entrants, including those from the EU, in a way that would not apply to someone moving from one part of the country to another. How do you feel this is 'very misguided'?

you never mentioned Schengen (border controls) and were talking about checks on workers (visas, work/live restrictions).

D

Deleted member 22389

Father served 20+ in Royal Navy. He would have been gutted at this result. He'd seen the world and knew unity was better than going it alone.

Unity is good but not done this way. Our voices where never heard by the EU, because they didn't want to hear them, in the end It's why we voted Brexit. The EU will never change, the sooner people wake up to those facts the better.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Unity is good but not done this way. Our voices where never heard by the EU, because they didn't want to hear them, in the end It's why we voted Brexit. The EU will never change, the sooner people wake up to those facts the better.

Our voices wont be heard by the UK Government either, no matter who is in charge.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

15 years Royal Navy, two war zones, and been around the World,andabout 90 countries visited.

Brexit was this country's most foolish decision in my lifetime, and I include invading Iraq in that.
Just my opinion.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

We had a veto on many EU decisions, unlike any other country.

Our voices wont be heard by the UK Government either, no matter who is in charge.
Our voices may not be heard in London but at least we can vote them out and try again. The Brussels Mafia will never listen and we can never remove them.

We can get out of this Union, which has crept up on us in a sinister way over the last 20 years. Nobody wanted this one Europe, and nobody voted for it. It has been allowed to grow way above its intention and within another 10 years will be impossible to control. We have stabbed at the beast and inflicted some flesh wounds. The Dutch have slashed again( whatever way the liberals and their media bitches spin it).The French and the Germans will cut it deep then the Greeks will finally slay it for good.

The EU is a dying rotting corpse and I am proud to of inflicted one if those wounds.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
15 years Royal Navy, two war zones, and been around the World,andabout 90 countries visited.

Brexit was this country's most foolish decision in my lifetime, and I include invading Iraq in that.
Just my opinion.

I'm ex services as well,but couldn't disagree with you more.Brexit worse than Desert Storm?How many died in that war?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm ex services as well,but couldn't disagree with you more.Brexit worse than Desert Storm?How many died in that war?

I'm not saying that the invasion of Iraq wasn't a massive mistake by all allied participants, I just believe that Brexit will have a worse effect on the whole country for a far longer time.

I think you'll find Desert Storm was the operation to liberate Kuwait from Iraq, not the invasion of Iraq

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Even if someone could prove to me that the EU was not corrupt i'd still be against them.
Look at the EU's success story...Italy Greece Spain Portugal .the euro, a serious lack of employment and a complete lack of money need i say more.:facepalm:
Mental amounts of Immigration throughout the whole of Europe and still continuing..especially in the northern European states which has led to ongoing riots from both the left and the right and the immigrants themselves... leaving communities throughout Europe divided especially the muslim community.
Terrorist activity on Europe's mainland has never been so high.
Putting corruption to one side ... this unfortunately isn't the half of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here