Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Great performance from Heseltine on Ch4 news tonight, so much common sense

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Scotland vote to seek second ref over independence.

Fair enough.

Fair enough indeed.Good luck to them.Think they should get a vote in 2019,which will give them time to manufacture plenty of begging bowls!:lolol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ah. This is today's stick that you and Nibble/The Clamp are hitting Soulman with today. You're cyber-bullying...again. Well done. It's clear you don't like the bloke, the way you follow him around this board the way you do, picking up on every bloody phrase, looking to wind him up at every opportunity like it's all a game where the end result is clearly to get him to stop posting on NSC altogether. If you get the result you want, I hope you're pleased with yourself.

It isn't anything to do with today, you may recall the other day that I said you would need to refer to this thread to get the context of the conversation that you jumped into, but you declined to do so.

It has nothing to do with cyber bullying, a post was made that accused all remain voters of labelling leavers as racist and stupid. A post followed this saying 'spot on' with a thumbs up.

Given the usual meaning of spot on being 'completely accurate' or similar it would logically follow that the person saying 'spot on' was in full agreement with everything in the post, including the belief that that remain voters believe all leavers are racist and stupid.

It is therefore acceptable I would suggest to seek confirmation on this, particularly where the poster has on numerous occasions taken offence on stereotyping.

A response of 'I have never EVER stated that " all remain voters believe all leavers are racist.", please refrain from sh1t stirring and telling lies.
I have stated that my son and many good friends voted Remain, unlike you they are decent people who do not put words into other peoples mouths, it is not big or clever.'

I never made an accusation that such a statement had been made, but a response along those lines completely sidesteps the issue of agreeing with the statement due to the post of 'spot on'

The accusation of telling lies is completely false.

To assist I will transfer such words into a more obvious situation,

Someone robs a bank, and is seen by eyewitnesses carrying out the robbery.

In the witness box in Court they are asked if they carried out the robbery, to which they reply 'I have never stated that I carried out the bank robbery'

Comical really as it doesn't say whether they did or didn't carry out the robbery. What's more, the witness believes they have fully answered the question and go on to tell the prosecutor to stop stirring things up and telling lies.

The fact that I read all the words written and have an attention to detail does not equate into bullying. It could have been resolved when the first question was raised, by saying (if it is true) that the person posting the 'spot on' comment had made an error and not fully read the post but speed read or something, there were further opportunities to retract the accusation of lies and to set out the correct position.

Why someone would want not to accept or correct the position is beyond me.

The use of correct language would remove any issues of course.

There is of course an ignore option which can be used which removes any benefit of cyber stalking anyway, so such an accusation really losses any threat anyway and leaves the poster to continue in their own world posting whatever they like.

At least I haven't got onto double negatives which are even more fun.

Anyway I'm exhausted now and need to get back to getting East Fife into the Scottish Premiership on FM.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Of course he's out to get Soulman. It's as plain as day. The bloke replies "spot on" to a 200-odd word post and gets interrogated in the third degree over a dozen of them, completely ignoring the gist of what was being agreed to. And then 20-point red bold font...was that necessary? What point does it serve except to belittle him and hound him off this board which I am certain is his intent.

I get the feeling that the Mods that read this thread give a bit more leeway over this bullying because Soulman doesn't share the same politics as them. Christ knows Soulman has asked both these posters numerous times to back off with the agressive stalking and repeatedly asking him the same questions. If the boot was on the other foot I'd be curious to know if they'd let it go on for months and months as has happened here.

No I would just use the ignore option, but I have decided to ban myself from this thread to keep everyone happy.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Fair enough indeed.Good luck to them.Think they should get a vote in 2019,which will give them time to manufacture plenty of begging bowls!:lolol:

May's reaction that she is not going to allow a vote before Brexit is done and dusted 'because it wouldn't be fair to the Scots to have to vote in a second referendum before they had the full exit details' grates a bit given it was her party that gave the rest of us last year's referendum when we had no details at all and who now insists that we certainly can't have another referendum when we do actually have the details. Terrible double standards surely?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It isn't anything to do with today, you may recall the other day that I said you would need to refer to this thread to get the context of the conversation that you jumped into, but you declined to do so.

It has nothing to do with cyber bullying, a post was made that accused all remain voters of labelling leavers as racist and stupid. A post followed this saying 'spot on' with a thumbs up.

Given the usual meaning of spot on being 'completely accurate' or similar it would logically follow that the person saying 'spot on' was in full agreement with everything in the post, including the belief that that remain voters believe all leavers are racist and stupid.

It is therefore acceptable I would suggest to seek confirmation on this, particularly where the poster has on numerous occasions taken offence on stereotyping.

A response of 'I have never EVER stated that " all remain voters believe all leavers are racist.", please refrain from sh1t stirring and telling lies.
I have stated that my son and many good friends voted Remain, unlike you they are decent people who do not put words into other peoples mouths, it is not big or clever.'

I never made an accusation that such a statement had been made, but a response along those lines completely sidesteps the issue of agreeing with the statement due to the post of 'spot on'

The accusation of telling lies is completely false.

To assist I will transfer such words into a more obvious situation,

Someone robs a bank, and is seen by eyewitnesses carrying out the robbery.

In the witness box in Court they are asked if they carried out the robbery, to which they reply 'I have never stated that I carried out the bank robbery'

Comical really as it doesn't say whether they did or didn't carry out the robbery. What's more, the witness believes they have fully answered the question and go on to tell the prosecutor to stop stirring things up and telling lies.

The fact that I read all the words written and have an attention to detail does not equate into bullying. It could have been resolved when the first question was raised, by saying (if it is true) that the person posting the 'spot on' comment had made an error and not fully read the post but speed read or something, there were further opportunities to retract the accusation of lies and to set out the correct position.

Why someone would want not to accept or correct the position is beyond me.

The use of correct language would remove any issues of course.

There is of course an ignore option which can be used which removes any benefit of cyber stalking anyway, so such an accusation really losses any threat anyway and leaves the poster to continue in their own world posting whatever they like.

At least I haven't got onto double negatives which are even more fun.

Anyway I'm exhausted now and need to get back to getting East Fife into the Scottish Premiership on FM.

No matey. He posts something...you jump on it...he replies...you ask the same question again...and again...and sometimes in red 20 point font. You don't get so pedantic about grammar or correct language with anyone else. You don't hound anyone else across multiple threads. This has been going on for months.

You make it sound like it's your civic duty to correct him on every single thing that you feel is wrong...Jesus wept, even your analogy implies it. It's not though, it's just a rather odd hobby of yours and it looks from the outside you're out to get him. Anyway, I've said my piece so I'll leave it here.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Great performance from Heseltine on Ch4 news tonight, so much common sense

I saw it as well and thought the same.

Common sense as well by Charlie Elphicke MP on BBC South East Today earlier too - We need to be getting the infrastructure fully in place for the possibility of no customs union deal being done post-Brexit in 2 years time and everything that might entail, including 300m extra custom checks a year at Dover.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

An oil company has just discovered a massive oil field off the Shetland islands, thought to be over a billion barrels. That means that this find could supply the whole world's oil needs, completely for 10 days,or a fortieth as much as has been produced since north sea oil came on tap. it is that huge.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
An oil company has just discovered a massive oil field off the Shetland islands, thought to be over a billion barrels. That means that this find could supply the whole world's oil needs, completely for 10 days,or a fortieth as much as has been produced since north sea oil came on tap. it is that huge.

Can Scotland on it's own afford to exploit it do you think?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The EU, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me! If I were in the EU supporting camp (and being a poker player) I would see the possibilities for mischief for sure. Interesting times IF Sturgeon and the SNP get the result they would like. If they don't the EU would be buggered trying to interfere.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well. I suppose that there are those that have opinions on both sides, right and wrong, opinions no less.
Much has been said lately that the Leave voters did not know what they were voting for..... and more disrespectful views have been aired, about their views.
So the Remain supporters gathered to protest, fair enough, obviously they knew what and why they were at the rally..........or do they.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VsZBLBgphU

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can England get a favourable trade deal with Scotland or will Scotland still be in the EU.

Scotland would leave the EU, then be free to apply to join.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
May's reaction that she is not going to allow a vote before Brexit is done and dusted 'because it wouldn't be fair to the Scots to have to vote in a second referendum before they had the full exit details' grates a bit given it was her party that gave the rest of us last year's referendum when we had no details at all and who now insists that we certainly can't have another referendum when we do actually have the details. Terrible double standards surely?

Why double standards?They have already had a referendum on independence quite recently,if I remember rightly,and voted quite clearly to stay in the Union.Do you want the EU-type referendums in this country-keep voting till you get the answer you want?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I thought exactly the same when I heard that on the radio. No one had any details before when they voted in the EU referendum, and yet now details are required for Scots to vote.

Stunning double standards, still don't believe she said it without falling about laughing [emoji38]ol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

I'm in need of a cash injection,so I'll release the results from two exploratory wells I've dug,with absolutely no proof of any connection between the two.If I say there's the possibility of an enormous field I should get the cash I need,if I can find somebody gullible enough.The only way they can deliver any oil that happens to be there is by fracking-thought your lot didn't like that.:lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here