Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
So you are happy if someone effectively did the same in the June General Election and a UKIP Government was elected?
You mean give me a Chinese burn and force me along the road to stand in the booth with me forcing my hand to put an X in the box marked Marxist Dinosaur??..... that's never going to happen mate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
You've really not got in to the spirit of the day :facepalm:

So...
yes, sorry about the timing. For varous reasons was not in Brighton and while I was trying to watch on youtube on my phone, I got a bit bored of watching old 1980's pop while the stuff I really wanted to see (players on bus) was in a tiny box in the corner of the screen.

I didn't put it in the Brexit thread because it is not about Brexit. Or certainly not just about Brexit. It is not even really about rules being broken. It is essentially about the question of whether or not 'controlling the data' now means controilling democracy. And about who controls the data. I posted because it is proper investigative journalism and there isn't enough of that anymore (Telegraph and Guardian/Observer only broadsheets that seem to still invest in real long term research). So I believe it deserves exposure. It may stand up to scrutiny, it may not. But it is not a whacko conspiracy piece as some seem determined to label it. The facts are presented, with sources, and conclusions drawn. All of those named have been given a chance to respond. It is published in a mainstream media outlet and open to public rebuttal. Given that lawyers for Cambridge Analytica are already issung threats, it is safe to say it will not go unchallenged.

If you don't find this sort of thing interesting then don't bother. but for those that do like to think and discuss this sort of stuff (and there are plenty on here I know) I think it is worth reading properly.

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...t-robbery-hijacked-democracy?CMP=share_btn_tw

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Much the same as Trump it would seem. As well as Russia there is the data sharing between the two leave campaign groups which needs answering, along with the overspend in breach of election rules.

Still no doubt anyone who supported UKIP when Nigel was in charge won't permit a bad word to be said against him, and are still angry that he hasn't got a sainthood let alone a knighthood for his services to the Conservative party.

Much the same as Trump it would seem. As well as Russia there is the data sharing between the two leave campaign groups which needs answering, along with the overspend in breach of election rules.

Still no doubt anyone who supported UKIP when Nigel was in charge won't permit a bad word to be said against him, and are still angry that he hasn't got a sainthood let alone a knighthood for his services to the Conservative party.
I wanted to leave the EU and was forced to vote Ukip in all local and national elections from 2010 onwards.

Farage and Ukip done their job and I, as have many others have now discarded them out with the Rubbish.

Farage is a great orator and perfect leader for this anti EU movement but is not a serious politician and can now move on into oblivion again. I am not really bothered about what people say about him now.

Job done. Goodbye nigel and thanks.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wanted to leave the EU and was forced to vote Ukip in all local and national elections from 2010 onwards.

Farage and Ukip done their job and I, as have many others have now discarded them out with the Rubbish.

Farage is a great orator and perfect leader for this anti EU movement but is not a serious politician and can now move on into oblivion again. I am not really bothered about what people say about him now.

Nailed it! :thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

For a leader of a party that has no UKIP MP's in the house of commons, he sure got a lot of stick. Even now he is being shoe horned into debates, i suppose to deflect from how poor the opponents are against the government.
Yep job done and goodbye Nigel.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Having read the article, which clearly provides worrying detail on the possible influence by an American on the referendum, the main concern is the lack of legal redress based on current legalisation, It seems that the likely outcome would be a fine rather than any criminal proceedings and if proven declaring the result null and void.

And despite the major concerns that this article arises, we already have the usual move on, we're leaving and ignoring the issues.

It certainly will get interesting if a public enquiry looks into these concerns.

Get yourself some counselling chap.
Your ever increasing stalky, angry and irrational posts are showing clear indicators that the events of the past few months have triggered you into a state of Post Dramatic Stress Disorder.
Not healthy for anyone let alone you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here