Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The link you provided doesn't include data for the most relevant month. September.

You are sounding as idiotic as trump with constant fake news accusations. He is generally wrong too.

But you are fake news chump, thats why you never respond to your lies about immigration when you are found out.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Care to answer my question from a week ago, or you swerving it?

sorry havnt been on NSC for a few days, have numerous notifications i cant be bothered to check and this thread is a bit monotonous now to catch up and read the whole thing after a few days away.
What was the question?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
But you are fake news chump, thats why you never respond to your lies about immigration when you are found out.

Didn't I explain how we made a decision not to enforce lots of rules because we knew we needed the enemies of immigration? Pretty sure I cut and pasted an explanation for you. But as you say i can't be bothered to go back through old threads when I have not been on. Let's just keep pretending everything is fine and that the uk economy is going in the right direction....STOP TALKING OUR COUNTRY DOWN.

D

Deleted member 22389

Car sales down for 6th month in a row. First drop in September sales for 6 years. All other major European economies growing sales. People are tightening their belts and the crash will come....we haven't even left yet. Hold tight folks.

Just out of interest do you remember the 90s recession? That was bad.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Steady on, [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] worships the ground that JC walks on,dont confuse the poor lad.

No I'm not confused. His past Euro scepticism and past voting record is well known. Personally I always thought his 7/10 was a reasonably honest assessment on The EU in 2016 too during a campaign in which he was conspicuous by absence, but that's all irrelevant now. He's the biggest winner of Brexit, because if it hadn't happened he wouldn't be around now and in the ascendancy and I know from talking to some how delighted Momentum activists are in hindsight with people such as yourself who voted for Brexit and the slow implosion of The Conservative Party as well as the new order we're now in.

My view is Brexit was a political revolution as much as anything else and centrism and the centre ground of old are now dead. Tory moderates like that nice Mr Camercon, Nick Clegg, 2nd referendums, neo-liberalism - they're so 22nd June 2016. We are where we are as a country - going nowhere fast - and the opinion polls back this up - right v left and total polarisation and division that's simmering into a generational and hopefully class war too.

The current stance of the Government on Brexit is not working and won't achieve anything remotely like was promised last year. We're heading for no deal, which I know for some on the Brexit at any cost side will be a great success, but for those of us who have to exist in the real world it will be dire - as Mrs May said herself once when, in a rare moment of madness, she was being honest.

Once it's all failed though and this wretched lot are out, Corbyn and Labour pick up the pieces and reality and pragmatism of the situation kick-in and I would suggest it will be a far softer Brexit than the Redwoood/Rees-Mogg doctrine had envisaged. Perhaps Prime Minister Corbyn will call it a deep and special partnership.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Just out of interest do you remember the 90s recession? That was bad.

Kind of but not really. That was my decade of beginning to understand the world I.e. Started secondary school in 1990. I remember my parents being irritated by lots of issues with the economy. They still always voted Tory though. Pretty sure they still do.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Crikey, can you say that with a straight face given what Labour has been doing over the last 2 years?

Yes - but I don't think Labour are far behind

D

Deleted member 22389

Kind of but not really. That was my decade of beginning to understand the world I.e. Started secondary school in 1990. I remember my parents being irritated by lots of issues with the economy. They still always voted Tory though. Pretty sure they still do.

Well it was bad. Houses repossessed all over the place, no work, the building industry in tatters over night. What I'm saying is all these doom and gloom predictions about leaving the EU, will never be as bad as the 90s.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Of course, nothing ever happens like that in Latour eh! What about the nearly all MPs not wanting Corbyn?

The Tories are bad at the moment, but at least they’re nowhere near as bad as Labour were (and are). If you think things are rosy within Labour, then you are delusional.

As I've just replied elsewhere, Labour are not far behind. But they seem to be more united at the moment than the party in power.

I am half expecting to see news footage of Mrs May being ritually sacrificed in the not too distant future and a future leader being elected after an inspection of her entrails.......

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well it was bad. Houses repossessed all over the place, no work, the building industry in tatters over night. What I'm saying is all these doom and gloom predictions about leaving the EU, will never be as bad as the 90s.

So it was really shit during the early 90s recession but Brexit won’t be as bad, not exactly a ringing endorsement!

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
What a twatty sore loser prick,

“little England”
“xenophobia”
“far right”
“neo-nazi racism”
“kick out the migrants”
“hatred of foreigners”
“racists”

Only bigots or dribbling chimps would lap up an article like that,

He is also wilfully stupid in saying few wanted a referendum and its terms were not debated or maybe he is just plain lying because he is one of those arrogant prick types who thinks he is better than others.(he should look into the records of The Referendum Act 2015 and see all aspects of it were discussed and debated)
I can only presume this article of tripe wasn’t in the consideration list for his nobel prize.

"

Yes, I am aware that many Leave voters voted that way wanting to stop “uncontrolled immigration”. I realise that “taking the country back” and “sovereignty” were for many people just euphemisms for “kick out the migrants”. A proportion of these people have, and will always have, an unshakeable hatred of foreigners (including white European ones). They are racists. But many others, I believe, who voted to “control immigration” are decent people who have, over the years, become angry and anxious about their lives, and the prospects for their children’s lives, and have come to identify immigration as the root cause of their problems. It is this latter group that must now consider carefully the wider context of that assessment, and decide what next step they really want the country to take."

Seems fair enough.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

We shall see but it certainly will be bad compared to where we were prior to the referendum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Perhaps Prime Minister Corbyn will call it a deep and special partnership.

he might like to call it that, but end of day he's quite happy to leave single market to further his aims.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

My old man is someone who we are told doesn't exist I.e. He has changed his mind re leave and now says this is going to crap. He gone as far as apologising to me and my sister. Time will tell whether it is worse than the 90s. Fingers crossed it isn't.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
My old man is someone who we are told doesn't exist I.e. He has changed his mind re leave and now says this is going to crap. He gone as far as apologising to me and my sister. Time will tell whether it is worse than the 90s. Fingers crossed it isn't.

You haven't been reading the many heartfelt contributions from your fellow gloomsters then. I've lost count of the number of stories about their parents, other relatives, friends, supposedly repenting their sin of voting differently to them and now see the light.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
"

Yes, I am aware that many Leave voters voted that way wanting to stop “uncontrolled immigration”. I realise that “taking the country back” and “sovereignty” were for many people just euphemisms for “kick out the migrants”. A proportion of these people have, and will always have, an unshakeable hatred of foreigners (including white European ones). They are racists. But many others, I believe, who voted to “control immigration” are decent people who have, over the years, become angry and anxious about their lives, and the prospects for their children’s lives, and have come to identify immigration as the root cause of their problems. It is this latter group that must now consider carefully the wider context of that assessment, and decide what next step they really want the country to take."

Seems fair enough.

And what about the leavers for whom immigration played no part in their decision? What about those that wanted to leave because of the corruption, mismanagement, greed and treatment of those countries daring to confront Brussels 'leadership'? I know for a fact that there is at least one of them, and likely many more.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No I'm not confused. His past Euro scepticism and past voting record is well known. Personally I always thought his 7/10 was a reasonably honest assessment on The EU in 2016 too during a campaign in which he was conspicuous by absence, but that's all irrelevant now. He's the biggest winner of Brexit, because if it hadn't happened he wouldn't be around now and in the ascendancy and I know from talking to some how delighted Momentum activists are in hindsight with people such as yourself who voted for Brexit and the slow implosion of The Conservative Party as well as the new order we're now in.

My view is Brexit was a political revolution as much as anything else and centrism and the centre ground of old are now dead. Tory moderates like that nice Mr Camercon, Nick Clegg, 2nd referendums, neo-liberalism - they're so 22nd June 2016. We are where we are as a country - going nowhere fast - and the opinion polls back this up - right v left and total polarisation and division that's simmering into a generational and hopefully class war too.

The current stance of the Government on Brexit is not working and won't achieve anything remotely like was promised last year. We're heading for no deal, which I know for some on the Brexit at any cost side will be a great success, but for those of us who have to exist in the real world it will be dire - as Mrs May said herself once when, in a rare moment of madness, she was being honest.

Once it's all failed though and this wretched lot are out, Corbyn and Labour pick up the pieces and reality and pragmatism of the situation kick-in and I would suggest it will be a far softer Brexit than the Redwoood/Rees-Mogg doctrine had envisaged. Perhaps Prime Minister Corbyn will call it a deep and special partnership.

Shirley any true 'class warrior' would have voted for Brexit to give the establishment/ rich elites a kicking and hope to cause all this division rather than meekly do as they are told sticking with the status quo. ???

Jan 30, 2008
"

Seems fair enough.
oh dear, you really haven't come to grips with leaving , TICK TOCK , TICK TOCK,TICK TOCK
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm currently sitting here in Amsterdam business district watching the construction of office after office ready for the influx from some London based Financial companies.

It seems that Dutch group TMF didn't get the memo. They're moving their headquarters to London http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/10/05/tmf-move-hq-london-boost-uk-business/

And a lovely quote from them here: “Brexit has not been a barrier to the company choosing London, in fact the UK’s exit from the EU could actually present an opportunity to TMF Group, given that business complexity and companies moving across borders are key drivers of its business growth.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here