Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If you had been on the march,or indeed any of the other supporting marches,you might even have seen her.Indeed,she is on one of the photos you purported not to have seen on the BBC.She still supports the EU,just not the vile demonstrators and their lack of respect for a dead police officer (I wouldn't be surprised if they thought he was a 'fascist').Her husband recently retired from the police,so she was understandably revolted by them and their ilk,a lot of whom turn up for these events.

I too am revolted by people like this, and it must have been especially upsetting for your sister and brother in law. I sympathise. My query was simply about the implication that she had changed her political views as a result. I am pleased to learn that in fact she didn't.

Incidentally, I didn't see any TV coverage of the march, mainly because I watch relatively little TV. It was a media analyst on Sky who pointed out that the BBC coverage was far lighter than would have been predicted, and also far lighter than Sky's. Her suggestion that this was because the BBC was being threatened with financial penalties by the Tory Party's Brexit Wing is entirely plausible.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sorry i could not get back to you earlier, on site, short lunch, i suppose some can sit online all day eh.
The key items i am looking for are, controlling our borders and immigration, in other words CONTROLLED immigration.
Saving on the billions we pay into the EU, and making our own rules on business deals, ie tariffs which currently as part of the EU customs union stops the UK being able to do its own trade deals with other countries
A British Bill Of Rights, instead of the ECHR setting the precedents for the UK.
Getting out of the single market, to many regulations and stops control over our own affairs.

This is my answer, my opinion, hopefully issues will get sorted out, i believe that the EU countries will be mindfull of being to aggressive as the trade with the UK is important.
Nobody knows what will happen, obviously the "Plan" will not be revealed, the hand not shown until it has to be.

So, you would leave the ECHR? Do you accept it is not part of the EU, and that many countries that are members, are not EUmembers, presently? What internationally recognised body would you replace it with?

I personally, can't wait to see the PLAN.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So, you would leave the ECHR? Do you accept it is not part of the EU, and that many countries that are members, are not EUmembers, presently? What internationally recognised body would you replace it with?

As i stated a British Bill Of Rights, i think the government are looking into this and over ruling the ECHR.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As i stated a British Bill Of Rights, i think the government are looking into this and over ruling the ECHR.

We already have a British Bill of Rights, it's one of a number of acts,bills,etc along with the Magna Carta that ensure our basic freedoms. Would this uncodified constitution be re-written into a written Constitution act for Great Britain, and how long woukd this take?
Or is this another part of the Great Plan, and one we weren't told about?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

You mean like the European Human rights the UK drafted before for Europe, only different? What bits do you want to change? Are you after more human rights, or less human rights for Britons?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We already have a British Bill of Rights, it's one of a number of acts,bills,etc along with the Magna Carta that ensure our basic freedoms. Would this uncodified constitution be re-written into a written Constitution act for Great Britain, and how long woukd this take?
Or is this another part of the Great Plan, and one we weren't told about?

As i stated a British Bill Of Rights, i think the government are looking into this and over ruling the ECHR. At the moment decisions are made by the ECHR, which is why the government are looking into over ruling the ECHR.
Why keep asking how long it would take, if i knew i would be an MP.
I was asked a question and i have answered "what are the key items you're looking for in the forthcoming negotiations?".
The British Bill Of Rights, in other words getting rid of the ECHR is one of those items.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You mean like the European Human rights the UK drafted before for Europe, only different? What bits do you want to change? Are you after more human rights, or less human rights for Britons?

Lets see what is put forward, we can decide on our own bill. We can decide which ones we want to keep and which ones we do not want, in our hands.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Basically then, you just want to get rid of the ECHR jurisdiction in Great Britain, but have no idea what to replace it with. I hope all those Brexiteer politicians have a better grasp of what we could end up with .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Basically then, you just want to get rid of the ECHR jurisdiction in Great Britain, but have no idea what to replace it with. I hope all those Brexiteer politicians have a better grasp of what we could end up with .

What did we do before the ECHR. I was asked a question, i answered it. The British Bill of Rights will replace it, i want out of the EU, decisions made in the UK, why would i want to hang on to the ECHR when we can have our own rules. Just my opinion whether you like it or not.

"I hope all those Brexiteer politicians have a better grasp of what we could end up with .[/QUOTE], more scaremongering, lets get the decisions back in our own hands.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think he is having a lie down after avoiding wuestions yesterday. How anyone doesn't understand whst ' spot on' means is beyond me.

I expect he will resurface later this week wirh flags and party poppers when the article 50 letter is delivered

What did we do before the ECHR. I was asked a question, i answered it. The British Bill of Rights will replace it, i want out of the EU, decisions made in the UK, why would i want to hang on to the ECHR when we can have our own rules. Just my opinion whether you like it or not.

"I hope all those Brexiteer politicians have a better grasp of what we could end up with .
, more scaremongering, lets get the decisions back in our own hands.[/QUOTE]

When did fair comment become 'scaremongering ?
I hope we come out of Brexit very well, but, what I've seen so far, doesn't fill me with any confidence. I've never really trusted politicians on the right of the political spectrum, and the other parties appear to be completely ineffective at the moment, still, in years to come it will provide excellent subject matter for University political science courses.

As the Chinese curse says " May you live in interesting times"

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
, more scaremongering, lets get the decisions back in our own hands.

I hope we come out of Brexit very well, but, what I've seen so far, doesn't fill me with any confidence. I've never really trusted politicians on the right of the political spectrum, and the other parties appear to be completely ineffective at the moment, still, in years to come it will provide excellent subject matter for University political science courses.

As the Chinese curse says " May you live in interesting times"[/QUOTE]

Yes, i agree, i hope we come out of Brexit very well. We shall see, we both voted differently, it happens. Nice to see you do want us to come out of it well. :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

As the Chinese curse says " May you live in interesting times"

Yes, i agree, i hope we come out of Brexit very well. We shall see, we both voted differently, it happens. Nice to see you do want us to come out of it well. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I do, mainly for the poor *******s who voted remain, but also for the gullible *******s who voted leave. The minority who voted leave, for racist or xenophobic reasons, I wish nothing but personal disaster, and financial meltdown.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Yes yes, thats it, we are keen to replace ECHR with a British version whatever that might be, why is that such a difficult thing to comprehend ?

No doubt you were a supporter of the importance of Parliamentary scrutiny as paramount to our democracy with the Gina Miller challenge and vehemently defended the judiciary when their own impartiality was challenged at the same time, why now do you think they are unable to deliver a British Bill of Rights that might represent something that is established by them and serve the UK better rather than the risk of interventions from unelected judges from the EU ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And no doubt, part of your reason for voting out,was precedence of of British Parliament over the unelected EU governance, but, you don't want our MPS, to have a meaningful say over the most important decisions in a lifetime.

As I stated in an earlier post, I have very little confidence in the right leaning politicians in the ascendancy in our Parliamentt

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And no doubt, part of your reason for voting out,was precedence of of British Parliament over the unelected EU governance, but, you don't want our MPS, to have a meaningful say over the most important decisions in a lifetime.

As I stated in an earlier post, I have very little confidence in the right leaning politicians in the ascendancy in our Parliamentt

Same here, Liam Fox has a dubious past career in politics to say the least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here