Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Breaking news from Pastafarian as he quotes something I posted days ago. You that desperate to have a dig at five to seven in the morning that you trawl back days to find something to have a go at? Desperate doesn't begin to cover it.

Silly boy,reading up on what has been written on this thread since the last time I read it is not trawling back, its called catching up.
You do continue to have bizarre issues about what time people post on NSC, I will post at what time I want and you will simply have to come to terms with your flaws, learning to tolerate criticism would be a good start and would help you be less dysfunctional.
I doubt it will be the last time you reference about what time a post is made though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And equally good to see that you have finally agreed that the last referendum on this big issue should not have happened and that the big decision on Britain's membership of the EU should have rested in the hands of Parliament. As far as receiving 'advice from the will of the people' is concerned the constitution has an established mechanism for doing that.

Didn’t agree at all that the original referendum should not have happened, you should read it again, I have not said that at all. Im simply agreeing with you that the complicated process ahead should be made and voted through parliament and not subject to another public vote.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If we are not building an immigration policy around public opinion, it would be possible to have a policy where EU citizens could come and take work without requiring a work permit, but this is a red line in negotiations we are told. We are not just building an immigration policy over public opinion on immigration, we are leaving the EU over the public opinion on immigration, do not pretend that the narrow majority would have come in for leave, without the issue of free movement of people.

People saying religion is not important, when asked if religion should be a factor, may give the answer no, but when they then choose Islamic countries as the ones they would most like to reduce numbers from, despite virtually zero immigration from either Egypt or Turkey in the last ten years, it speaks for itself. 5 out of 6 of the countries people most wanted to reduce numbers from, are Islamic majority countries, only Romania joining them, no Islamic majority country above this bottom 6 in the survey.
You tell me why people would want to see less Turks and Egyptians more than less Poles and Indians, when there are around 1.5Million Polish and Indian born, and less than 150,000 Turkish and Egyptian born combined. Roughly similar numbers of Irish born and Pakistani born people in the uk today, but the survey says we want more, not less, Irish, yet Pakistanis are not so welcome.
Pray tell me how this is not racist?

You have made a mistake in believing Islam is a race.

Can you also tell me why Mexicans appear to be so unwelcome?

Dunno,Pan pipe impostors?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hitachi, the electronics multinatioanal hedging their bets and putting a base in Italy to not be dependent on the UK.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Didn’t agree at all that the original referendum should not have happened, you should read it again, I have not said that at all. Im simply agreeing with you that the complicated process ahead should be made and voted through parliament and not subject to another public vote.

I don't need to read it again. You argued that the past referendum on this highly complex issue should have happened but that a future referendum on the same issue, even when the implications have since become clear, most definitely should not happen. This is known as pulling up the drawbridge.

I understand completely why a Leave voter, excited and perhaps astonished that they got away with it on June 23, should not want to run the risk again. Don't blame you at all. I'd do the same. But don't be surprised if people point out the inconsistency.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's going to be great for Pick Your Own farms in the summer of 2019.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I think the BBC have got this wrong. This can't be right. Liam Fox said "it will be the easiest deal in the world" and only a few weeks ago David Davis said it was going very well. So why the need to delay talks?

The talks are being delayed by barnier and co by demanding a divorce payment of which they're not entitled too. Why can't you see that?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The talks are being delayed by barnier and co by demanding a divorce payment of which they're not entitled too. Why can't you see that?

The Department for Exiting the European Union stated they're being delayed for 'consultation'. Citizens rights and The Irish border have to be agreed as well as any financial obligations or not.

There's open speculation now that Mrs May is going to make a speech on September 21, outlining her bold, ambitious vision for a red,white and blue transitional arrangement, before our deep and special long-term partnership with The EU, too which has caused the mutually agreed delay. Either that or she's been for another walk in Snowdonia.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

Did you think the EU would be anything other than awkward. This was always going to be the case. I am staggered that anyone is shocked they are playing hardball and heaven forbid people might realise we need them more than they need us.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Did you think the EU would be anything other than awkward. .

Indeed. Our PM really helped things along

“During the Conservative party leadership campaign I was described by one of my colleagues as a bloody difficult woman,” she told the BBC. “And I said at the time the next person to find that out will be Jean-Claude Juncker.”

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Did you think the EU would be anything other than awkward. This was always going to be the case. I am staggered that anyone is shocked they are playing hardball and heaven forbid people might realise we need them more than they need us.

There's awkward, there's wanting to make an example of, there's wanting to punish, there's wanting to teach a lesson and there's making charges up as you go along. There's also a satisfactory, mutually negotiated, settlement. So far Barmy has only pushed the first 5, and has been fiercely critical of the UK for daring to question this approach and these figures. That's not playing hardball, that's being obstinate and muleish.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
There's awkward, there's wanting to make an example of, there's wanting to punish, there's wanting to teach a lesson and there's making charges up as you go along. There's also a satisfactory, mutually negotiated, settlement. So far Barmy has only pushed the first 5, and has been fiercely critical of the UK for daring to question this approach and these figures. That's not playing hardball, that's being obstinate and muleish.

Call it what you like it is where we are and I for one are fearful where this journey is taking us all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here