Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
From the comment you quoted, I am wondering how you are getting the idea that racists only exist right of centre from me?

If you are suggesting that by citing Farage and no other I have missed an obvious left winger out, who is it I have missed?

The question and it's implied before and after comments led to the impression that it was a exclusive right wing thing-

as for the 2nd part of the question i cannot answer,cannot think of an individual case-(i appreciate this dilutes my previous comments).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you want help with a lefty racist then look no further than Ken Livingstone-biggest anti-semite since Karl Marx.That should upset Baldeagle (bit childish,I know,but it's what he expects).

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Not all leave voters are thick racists, but I suspect that all thick racists voted leave.

well Dianne Abbot voted remain, but is she a thick or clever racist?
Plenty of racist anti Semite labour supporters voted remain as well, some are dead thick.....some are supposed to be intelligent......or so the claim goes

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If you want help with a lefty racist then look no further than Ken Livingstone-biggest anti-semite since Karl Marx.That should upset Baldeagle (bit childish,I know,but it's what he expects).

Lets face it both extremes Left and right have really bad apples. To class all 17.5 M who voted out to be extreme right is somewhat desperate by the usual suspects on here. The poor arguments put forward by the remain team during the pre blustering for the vote swayed many to vote out. Trying to bully people to vote your way will always have a negative result

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Most lefties are hypocrites.Whinging on the anti-Trump thread about dropping the bomb on Japan during WW2 and it was a Democrat President who ordered it dropped!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Lets face it both extremes Left and right have really bad apples. To class all 17.5 M who voted out to be extreme right is somewhat desperate by the usual suspects on here. The poor arguments put forward by the remain team during the pre blustering for the vote swayed many to out. Trying to bully people to vote your way will always have a negative result

Exactly, getting Obama to put his two dollars worth in and the back of the queue threats was a vote catcher for Leave. Then we had Bliar putting his face in as well. Own goals all around.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
View one. You knew that most leave voters voted for reasons not directly connected to our membership of the European Union. Post #24233

View two. Just that 'People voted leave for many reasons'.

View three. (After checking back?) People voted leave for many reasons, including plenty that were not directly connected to our membership of the EU.

Plus the usual omitted bit ...continually misrepresenting/exaggerating opposing views.

Slipperier than a snake oil salesman that has just had an unfortunate accident after cornering a bend at too higher speed.

:D

Utterly extraordinary. My reference to the fact that most Leave voters voted as they did was in specific reference to Burnley. Burnley for heaven's sake. Further, I made it entirely clear that the point was based on a vox pop interview with a handful of people in that benighted place. I used the turn of phrase that the programme wasn't saying anything that we didn't know anyway but for you to conflate that bit of common English usage into a claim from me that I definitely knew why most people in the entire country voted is as barmy as it is misleading. I stick with my view - people voted Leave for all sorts of reasons. It does not conflict with anything else I said. I also think that it is reasonable to say that people in depressed areas had additional reasons to stick their fingers up at the establishment. I'm spending a night in Barnsley next weekend - a profoundly pro-Brexit town which has been largely unaffected by the EU. We shall spend some time with a man who has spent his life there. I am looking forward to a reasonable conversation with him. I have long given up any hope of having the same with you.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Plenty of racist anti Semite labour supporters voted remain as well, some are dead thick.....some are supposed to be intelligent......or so the claim goes

I believe Dianne Abbot has apologised for comments she made in the past that were seen as racist. It is difficult to be sure that she holds truly racist opinions, but assuming she does, I do not think her vote was cast with race issues in mind at all, she is cleverer than that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Exactly, getting Obama to put his two dollars worth in and the back of the queue threats was a vote catcher for Leave. Then we had Bliar putting his face in as well. Own goals all around.

I gotta ask, do you think these two vote catching things were wise, rational or sensible things for people to use to make their minds up?

Jan 30, 2008
utterly extraordinary. My reference to the fact that most leave voters voted as they did was in specific reference to burnley. Burnley for heaven's sake. Further, i made it entirely clear that the point was based on a vox pop interview with a handful of people in that benighted place. I used the turn of phrase that the programme wasn't saying anything that we didn't know anyway but for you to conflate that bit of common english usage into a claim from me that i definitely knew why most people in the entire country voted is as barmy as it is misleading. I stick with my view - people voted leave for all sorts of reasons. It does not conflict with anything else i said. I also think that it is reasonable to say that people in depressed areas had additional reasons to stick their fingers up at the establishment. I'm spending a night in barnsley next weekend - a profoundly pro-brexit town which has been largely unaffected by the eu. We shall spend some time with a man who has spent his life there. I am looking forward to a reasonable conversation with him. I have long given up any hope of having the same with you.
no one cares what you think apart from yourself :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

He maybe could choose his words more carefully, but he is not anti Semitic. He is very anti Israeli policy towards Palestine, and probably anti Zionism, a position I have some sympathy with.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

She is thick!

dope.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He maybe could choose his words more carefully, but he is not anti Semitic. He is very anti Israeli policy towards Palestine, and probably anti Zionism, a position I have some sympathy with.

Oh,and the Pope isn't really Catholic?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Oh,and the Pope isn't really Catholic?

No, I am quite sure the Pope is Catholic.
Being anti Israel is the strongest you could put it with Ken Livingstone, and I am not certain that that is true either.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not all leave voters are right wing neo-facists, but I suspect that all right wing neo-facists voted leave.
Not all Remain voters are IRA-loving Sinn Fein supporters but I suspect that all IRA-loving Sinn Fein supporters voted Remain.

See - anyone can play this utterly futile and meaningless game of guilt by association.

'sake. Is this what this thread has descended into?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I gotta ask, do you think these two vote catching things were wise, rational or sensible things for people to use to make their minds up?

Well in answer to your questions, i think that the Remain campaign thought that Obama's opinion etc would scare/worry the voters enough to vote remain, and it turned out this was not a wise decision, again they thought it was rational and sensible, which both proved wrong and i think the majority of voters were annoyed by these bullying/threatening tactics.
The tipping point was Bliar, he is not trusted, not liked.....so all of the above apply to this ploy as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here