Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You've got to hand it to David Davis. He does bugger all for months, pops into Brussels and says we've got to get a move on and then buggers off back to London after an hour or two.

Just seen that, talk about taking the piss.
The Europeans were sitting there with loads of folders and paperwork while our 3 half wits had nowt.
He then went home because of all the voting going on in the house and they need every vote they can, but it was the Tories that called the election to boost their mandate.
What a sorry joke this bunch of no hopers are.
One of the main reasons I voted remain was because I did not trust our hopeless government to be capable of cutting the right deal for this country and the Europeans will have them for dinner.
So far I am 100% right.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Does anyone remember Dan Dare and Digby from Eagle comic? Dan was the lantern-jawed spaceship pilot and Digby was his funny little batman, with a curiously large head.

eagtig14.jpg

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Europeans were sitting there with loads of folders and paperwork while our 3 half wits had nowt.
He then went home because of all the voting going on in the house and they need every vote they can, but it was the Tories that called the election to boost their mandate.
One of the main reasons I voted remain was because I did not trust our hopeless government to be capable of cutting the right deal for this country and the Europeans will have them for dinner.
So far I am 100% right.

Baffoons the lot of them it would be funny if it were not so serious

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
we're calling the shots, why would we want to be pandering to the EU, just remember we're leaving the EU with or without a deal :wink:
regards
DR

As a Remainer part of me wants this to happen - it is possibly the best way to ensure Brexit doesn't actually happen. And this is simply that, in the final weeks leading up to the exit date, the full horror of a "No Deal" scenario will finally dawn on even the most rabid Daily Mail reader.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
People of that disposition have always been around, but not until recently around the cabinet table. That's what's frightening, and sad.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
we're calling the shots, why would we want to be pandering to the EU, just remember we're leaving the EU with or without a deal :wink:
regards
DR

You seem to know what you're talking about. Do you suppose domestic volatility will have an effect on the replication of trading arrangements after the repeal of the European Communities Act and will it be possible to amend all UK law attributed to EU institutions without proper Parliamentary scrutiny?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So far I am 100% right.

Can you image pitching this to your boss

I'm going to accompany the 2 chaps that are already going to Brussels. I've booked first class return tickets and will have a full meal on both trips. I will be there at the start of the meeting to introduce everyone, and to get a good publicity photo for the company, then I'm going to come back. But i think the two lengthy train journeys for maybe half an hour are well worth it.

Skype you say.

No, never hear of that, train is the best option.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The simple fact is the Remain side lied to a much greater extent and deployed so much fear about the economic outcome. You had the whole weight of the elite piling in to advise us to vote remain, yet that still wasn't enough. IMF, CBI, Obama, IFS, Treasury, etc. I wonder how many people were swayed to vote remain based on these scare stories. Again we'll never know, but this won't stop the remain side harping on about £350m and the NHS.

And lets not forget the remain side are now involved in the greatest lie of all. The whopper of all porkies. The lie that their so called “soft “ Brexit (remaining as members of the single market, which would mean having to keep free movement and having to keep The ECJ as the prime court) is somehow actually really leaving The EU. It isn’t.
I don’t know how they keep a straight face when peddling this rubbish. Do they really think no one has noticed they are talking balderdash?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can you image pitching this to your boss

I'm going to accompany the 2 chaps that are already going to Brussels. I've booked first class return tickets and will have a full meal on both trips. I will be there at the start of the meeting to introduce everyone, and to get a good publicity photo for the company, then I'm going to come back. But i think the two lengthy train journeys for maybe half an hour are well worth it.

Skype you say.

No, never hear of that, train is the best option.

The BBC reporter on the radio earlier had a slightly different take on your interpretation, saying Mr Davis left leaving 90 British officials, (not the 2 implied) to discuss with their EU counterparts the current technical issues, which is what is perfectly normal during any high level international talks.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
And lets not forget the remain side are now involved in the greatest lie of all. The whopper of all porkies. The lie that their so called “soft “ Brexit (remaining as members of the single market, which would mean having to keep free movement and having to keep The ECJ as the prime court) is somehow actually really leaving The EU. It isn’t.
I don’t know how they keep a straight face when peddling this rubbish. Do they really think no one has noticed they are talking balderdash?

Dear Norwegian Embassy

You may not realise this, but your country is a member of the European Union. Pastafarian says so, so it must be true.

Yours etc

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The BBC reporter on the radio earlier had a slightly different take on your interpretation, saying Mr Davis left leaving 90 British officials, (not the 2 implied) to discuss with their EU counterparts the current technical issues, which is what is perfectly normal during any high level international talks.

As outsiders we can't be certain what Davis is up to but yesterday's behaviour seems all of a piece. "Hates to listen to advice", delusions of grandeur", "vain and quixotic", "all noise and bluster" are among the descriptions of him by those who have worked with him. Presumably all these descriptions will be written off by his fans because the hapless civil servants making them haven't committed career suicide by putting their names to them. What about yesterday's description by the director of the Leave campaign though: "Thick as mince, lazy as a frog, vain as Narcissus."

Who knows, perhaps this will be the next leader of our country. Either him or the internationally loathed blond comedian with a proven taste for laziness and lying.

Backwards and downwards we go, the Brexit boyz are in charge now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Ask Dan Hannan.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As outsiders we can't be certain what Davis is up to but yesterday's behaviour seems all of a piece. "Hates to listen to advice", delusions of grandeur", "vain and quixotic", "all noise and bluster" are among the descriptions of him by those who have worked with him What about yesterday's description by the director of the Leave campaign though: "Thick as mince, lazy as a frog, vain as Narcissus."

There's a few more sure not to get a Christmas card from David Davis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here