Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I asked you what the plan was. You seem keen to endorse it. Whatever it is.

Seeing as it seems impossible for you to admit it Cameron, Cameron there I said it twice. The person who should of had the plan was him seeing as he caused this situation in the 1st place. For the person picking up the pieces thanks to him May the plan has to evolve. We won't know how it pans out for maybe two years. Hopefully if will be better that being owned by Merkel Like you

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just to confirm, your sister in law was dedicated in her total support for Britain's continued role within the EU but because of a number of tossers misbehaving with their banner has changed her mind on this wide-ranging issue? Seems odd.

It might seem odd to you.It wasn't just one banner.It was posters being hung up on the fence with the floral tributes to a terrorist victim,and discarded banners and posters being thrown on top of the flowers on the ground.If you think this was just a bit of a lark,then you are an extremely unpleasant person.Just the type she longer wishes to be involved with.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Seeing as it seems impossible for you to admit it Cameron, Cameron there I said it twice. The person who should of had the plan was him seeing as he caused this situation in the 1st place. For the person picking up the pieces thanks to him May the plan has to evolve. We won't know how it pans out for maybe two years. Hopefully if will be better that being owned by Merkel Like you

So, basically, you have no idea what plan there is, if any. Thanks.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So, basically, you have no idea what plan there is, if any. Thanks.

Is this the latest remainer fad for the next few weeks. Seeing as you've lost the rest its now THE PLAN which should have been started by Cameron but you lot just can't admit it and so keep asking the same question. The plan at the moment is to get out of the EU. 6B by the way reported on the tv

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Exactly why the referendum should not have been taken as a mandate for whatever our unelected PM wants to do with BREXIT. We should have gone to the EU saying the British people want us to leave and we will unless certain conditions are met. Instead we've gone on the say of 51.9% of the population, who voted having been promised all sorts of nonsense, and will leave no matter what.

The situation we find ourselves in is crazy.

i do agree with you. however, the Remain campaign made a very big song and dance about that absolutely not being what the vote was about. blame the Remain campaign for not only not making a positive case in favour of remaining, but also politically cutting off alternatives.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Is this the latest remainer fact for the next few weeks. Seeing as you've lost the rest its now THE PLAN which should have been started by Cameron but you lot just can't admit it and so keep asking the same question. The plan at the moment is to get out of the EU. 6B by the way reported on the tv

Corrected for you.

Report from the Qatar finance minister is 5B over 3 to 5 years.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It might seem odd to you.It wasn't just one banner.It was posters being hung up on the fence with the floral tributes to a terrorist victim,and discarded banners and posters being thrown on top of the flowers on the ground.If you think this was just a bit of a lark,then you are an extremely unpleasant person.Just the type she longer wishes to be involved with.

Well I think a number of Albion fans are dicks but that doesn't stop me supporting the club. And surely the future of the country is at least as big an issue? She couldn't have been that keen. And where do I say it was a bit of a lark? They are, I repeat, tossers, just like Farage, who attempted to make immigration capital out of him. He's the unpleasant person but as he is one of yours I expect what he does is all right.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What? I just asked a simple and polite question about what you think a good deal will be. I'm just curious. So what is your preferred deal?

For the sake of accuracy, mine was in response to your response to [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION], which was a one line sarcastic comment directly towards me.

Firstly we have already secured the most important deal, we are leaving the EU .....

The question is too far reaching and impossible to go through each and every element and its pointless suggesting it can, I suspect however everything that you personally see as an obvious negative and hindrance to leaving the EU I would think that it might not be, it might transpire that you are proven correct on some parts as I will too, similarly I guess there might be things we would agree on that in my mind will also be agreed.

I happen to think we as a nation are strong and important enough for preferential agreements to be reached, I actually dont think it will be that difficult, certainly not a Brexit induced calamity you and others seem to be forecasting.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hopefully if will be better that being owned by Merkel

This depends what Merkel agrees to in the negotiations eh? If May cannot get a good deal then you could be "owned" for decades.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I use 'hope' as it seems to be in most Brexiteers posts. What do I expect from the EU in the coming year? More stability than I expect from leaving the EU.

Really, well its merits depends whether you live in Spain, Greece, Italy or Germany .....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For the sake of accuracy, mine was in response to your response to [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION], which was a one line sarcastic comment directly towards me.

Firstly we have already secured the most important deal, we are leaving the EU .....

The question is too far reaching and impossible to go through each and every element and its pointless suggesting it can, I suspect however everything that you personally see as an obvious negative and hindrance to leaving the EU I would think that it might not be, it might transpire that you are proven correct on some parts as I will too, similarly I guess there might be things we would agree on that in my mind will also be agreed.

I happen to think we as a nation are strong and important enough for agreements to be reached, I actually dont think it will be that difficult, certainly not a Brexit induced calamity you and others seem to be forecasting.

Why can't you answer this incredible simple question? I'm clearly not asking you to sit down and type up a reply what covers every single element of the EU am I? Someone has asked me and I touched on a few key elements which I feel need addressing and how they need addressing.

I'll ask again, what do you think will constitute a good deal? It's a deliberately broad question which gives you plenty of scope to chose a personal reply. I hope this is clear.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah it was 6B dollars reported.

Trump and now the dual human rights horrow shows of Turkey and Qatar. Going well I see. Is this the glittering and golden future people foresaw?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well I think a number of Albion fans are dicks but that doesn't stop me supporting the club. And surely the future of the country is at least as big an issue? She couldn't have been that keen. And where do I say it was a bit of a lark? They are, I repeat, tossers, just like Farage, who attempted to make immigration capital out of him. He's the unpleasant person but as he is one of yours I expect what he does is all right.

If you had been on the march,or indeed any of the other supporting marches,you might even have seen her.Indeed,she is on one of the photos you purported not to have seen on the BBC.She still supports the EU,just not the vile demonstrators and their lack of respect for a dead police officer (I wouldn't be surprised if they thought he was a 'fascist').Her husband recently retired from the police,so she was understandably revolted by them and their ilk,a lot of whom turn up for these events.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Trump and now the dual human rights horrow shows of Turkey and Qatar. Going well I see. Is this the glittering and golden future people foresaw?

Absolutely. We've been told on here many times by Brexit voters, that despite the appalling human rights records and Governance of certain countries in The Middle East, Asia and Africa, Brexit is about The UK going global and reaching out to embrace them all. We all know that no Brexit voters have a problem with Muslims or the religion of Islam or indeed people from developing countries emigrating here, rather than EU citizens in the future - to suggest otherwise would be a lie and racist smear.

I see that as part of this wonderful Qatari investment announced today, they're looking at investing in Sainsbury's. I trust if our good friends the Qataris do buy into Sainsbury's, they'll do something about the wine range, because it is appalling.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Absolutely. We've been told on here many times by Brexit voters, that despite the appalling human rights records and Governance of certain countries in The Middle East, Asia and Africa, Brexit is about The UK going global and reaching out to embrace them all. We all know that no Brexit voters have a problem with Muslims or the religion of Islam or indeed people from developing countries emigrating here, rather than EU citizens in the future - to suggest otherwise would be a lie and racist smear.

I see that as part of this wonderful Qatari investment announced today, they're looking at investing in Sainsbury's. I trust if our good friends the Qataris do buy into Sainsbury's, they'll do something about the wine range, because it is appalling.

Ban it?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why can't you answer this incredible simple question? I'm clearly not asking you to sit down and type up a reply what covers every single element of the EU am I? Someone has asked me and I touched on a few key elements which I feel need addressing and how they need addressing.

I'll ask again, what do you think will constitute a good deal? It's a deliberately broad question which gives you plenty of scope to chose a personal reply. I hope this is clear.

We have already reached a good deal, we are leaving ......

I think we have the leverage to disarm some within the EU that might wish to impose punitive measures towards us, we will leave the single market and probably the customs union and I am confident that trade will flourish and opportunities arise outside of the EU that otherwise might be hindered by self interest from other member states, we are free-er and more accountable.

We are leaving the single market not entrapped within its political ideology, immigration will be controlled, we have disproportionately been effected by it and I hope finally that we will soon have full control over our legal system, good and bad but at least ours.

We just become a working thriving aspirational hub just like most other countries in the world.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Out of interest what are the key items you're looking for in the forthcoming negotiations?

Sorry i could not get back to you earlier, on site, short lunch, i suppose some can sit online all day eh.
The key items i am looking for are, controlling our borders and immigration, in other words CONTROLLED immigration.
Saving on the billions we pay into the EU, and making our own rules on business deals, ie tariffs which currently as part of the EU customs union stops the UK being able to do its own trade deals with other countries
A British Bill Of Rights, instead of the ECHR setting the precedents for the UK.
Getting out of the single market, to many regulations and stops control over our own affairs.

This is my answer, my opinion, hopefully issues will get sorted out, i believe that the EU countries will be mindfull of being to aggressive as the trade with the UK is important.
Nobody knows what will happen, obviously the "Plan" will not be revealed, the hand not shown until it has to be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here