Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It would be a strange sort of patriotism that includes believing the UK is unable to prosper and succeed outside the EU like most countries in the world. Ignoring the democratic voice of a majority of your fellow citizens is also a strange type of patriotism.

Shirley the very antithesis of a patriot is a Remoaner.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So if, for example, oh I don't know, some smarmy conservative politician was nailed for record amounts of expenses fiddling, you would no longer vote for the conservative party?

Perhaps if you could explain how his actions were an attempt to kill off The Albion I would be able to answer this strange question. Was he fiddling money from us that meant us going bankrupt?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It would be a strange sort of patriotism that includes believing the UK is unable to prosper and succeed outside the EU like most countries in the world. Ignoring the democratic voice of a majority of your fellow citizens is also a strange type of patriotism.

Most countries aren't fortunate enough to have the worlds biggest single market parked on their doorstep.

The democratic voice is not being ignored, there's a slim majority in favour of Brexit and Brexit is still happening. Just not the extreme version of it a small but vocal mob would like

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All parties lack strategy although brexit is the biggest thing to happen to this country for decades and with career politicians arguing between themselves it doesn't bode well.

The truth is that this country needs a different kind of leader that is strong and someone who politicians look up to.Im not sure the modern mould of ex university pampered poodled establishment types is the way forward anymore.Most have no experience in the real world what's so ever due to a pampered up bringing....times have changed and are changing and the door needs to open for different types of politicians.

I have zero faith in our weak weak leader getting a good deal and the twats in Brussels know this....It's a shambolic embarrassing fiasco watching all our politicians bitching at each other to further their careers!!!

Well they've been trialing your strategy over the other side of the pond, is it going well do you think?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Most countries aren't fortunate enough to have the worlds biggest single market parked on their doorstep.

The democratic voice is not being ignored, there's a slim majority in favour of Brexit and Brexit is still happening. Just not the extreme version of it a small but vocal mob would like

It's only the worlds biggest single market with us in it which should tell you something.

Remoaners do ignore it but they haven't got enough influence to block it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Perhaps if you could explain how his actions were an attempt to kill off The Albion I would be able to answer this strange question. Was he fiddling money from us that meant us going bankrupt?

Oh I've got it. If a politician does something that damages the Albion you won't vote for his party again. But if a national politician nicks money and defrauds all of us it makes no difference to your voting intentions. Understood. I think.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

you should tell Jim "no planes" West Brexit is happening, he is far from convinced.

But Is this a new definition you lot have invented?
How does “Extreme” Brexit differ from “ Hard” Brexit.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
you should tell Jim "no planes" West Brexit is happening, he is far from convinced.

But Is this a new definition you lot have invented?
How does “Extreme” Brexit differ from “ Hard” Brexit.

Just short for "extremely damaging / self harmful Brexit"

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just short for "extremely damaging / self harmful Brexit"

Good to know Brexit is happening but it wont be the extremely damaging / self harmful version that a small vocal mob want.
Must be the sunny uplands version that will happen then.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You mean he isn't convinced that all flights to and from Europe will stop overnight at some unspecified future date? (it probably was going to be, I think, firstly the day after the referendum, then the day after Article 50, now postponed until 2019.......a bit like the Jehovah's Witnesses certainties for the end of the world. And Old Moore's Almanack). I thought he regarded that as an absolute certainty!

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Good to know Brexit is happening but it wont be the extremely damaging / self harmful version that a small vocal mob want.
You mean he isn't convinced that all flights to and from Europe will stop overnight at some unspecified future date? (it probably was going to be, I think, firstly the day after the referendum, then the day after Article 50, now postponed until 2019.......a bit like the Jehovah's Witnesses certainties for the end of the world. And Old Moore's Almanack). I thought he regarded that as an absolute certainty!
We don't need experts do we? I would rather place my faith in a couple of sneering know nothing's.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would be a strange sort of patriotism that includes believing the UK is unable to prosper and succeed outside the EU.

The definition of patriotism was posted a few pages ago which is at odds with what you've posted here. I'd say it's a strange type of patriot who doesn't actually seem to know the definition of patriotism.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

It is indeed a strange kind of patriot that would not vigorously defend the bedrock of our country, (democracy). And would instead lend support to the detractors that would seek to undermine and overturn that process in an underhand way.
Its even stranger those individuals claiming to be patriots who have openly declared they wish the country harm and actually wish the economy to implode in their own country…..all so they can say told you so,can we please change our mind now ……..that is a special special type of patriot.

As a remainer, and a proud Brit, I'm torn - do I want the economy to implode (which will cause me short term harm), or do I want things to be relatively OK in the short term, but then suffer the long term consequences of Brexit? After consideration, I've decided the former is much better. The worse things get, the more likely SOMEONE in power might realise this whole Brexit thing is an utter, utter disaster. .

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Oh I've got it. If a politician does something that damages the Albion you won't vote for his party again. But if a national politician nicks money and defrauds all of us it makes no difference to your voting intentions. Understood. I think.

I'm really surprised that it took you so long to get this. Corrupt people (not just politicians) are ten a penny. Sometimes they get found and punished, sometimes not (FIFA?). Politicians from all parties are heads down in the trough so there's no difference. But if someone tries to attack something I hold dear to me then I will retaliate. If it's politically motivated then I find refusing to vote for them is the best way.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
It is indeed a strange kind of patriot that would not vigorously defend the bedrock of our country, (democracy).

The bedrock of our country is actually the Eurasian tectonic plate, and it is just a bit of water lying on top of it that separates us from lots of other perfectly decent people. Democracy, meanwhile, is an imperfect system open to all sorts of problems, and in our country it's hardly been reformed or refined at all in the few centuries it's existed here.

And yes I think we should stay in. I just think lots of people voted without even really knowing what the EU is, having only been informed by people with vested interests against it.

Oh well, demos, people, we're not perfect are we

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It is indeed a strange kind of patriot that would not vigorously defend the bedrock of our country, (democracy). And would instead lend support to the detractors that would seek to undermine and overturn that process in an underhand way.
Its even stranger those individuals claiming to be patriots who have openly declared they wish the country harm and actually wish the economy to implode in their own country…..all so they can say told you so,can we please change our mind now ……..that is a special special type of patriot.

Some are so unpatriotic, they have served in the countries armed forces. A few no mark, done **** all for the country wankers seem to have over inflated opinions of themselves.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Nobody wants to damage the country. That is why many voted to remain. Still, we got the sovereignty back that we never lost in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here