Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
323. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    195 60.37%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    128 39.63%
Page 2911 of 3116 FirstFirst ... 191124112811286129012908290929102911291229132914292129613011 ... LastLast
Results 29,101 to 29,110 of 31151

Thread: BrExit name calling, point scoring etc.

  1. #29101
    A. Virgo, Football Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    22,025

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You miss the nub of our disagreement, perhaps intentionally.

    Someone could, I suppose, say that you are hypocritical and contradictory to demand checks on a worker moving to Brighton from Berlin but not on another worker moving here from Barrow. In fact, you are not being hypocritical - you simply believe (unlike one of your fellow-Brexiters it seems) that there should be free movement around all parts of the UK. So do I. Where we differ is that I believe that that freedom should be extended (subject to certain conditions) to people from across the European Union as part of the treaty we share with neighbouring countries.

    The difference is not that one of us is being hypocritical but that we have different opinions about where we draw the line.
    not hypocritical but apparently very misguided about what freedom of movement means. it means there are no conditions upon the European citizen, whether they originate in Barrow, Berlin or Barcelona. its the entire point of the freedom of movement, as "movement subject to certain conditions" is the default for normal immigration concerns. i dont know if this means you are closer to Brexiters than you think.

    btw, checks for entitlement to work in the UK are responsibility of the employer in the first instance, not Home Office or other government agencies. same process whether you are from Barrow, Berlin or Bangalore, your employer must check you have the right to work (basically presentation of NI number, passport, and additional visa if that's non-EU). other agencies deal with exceptions, problems etc.
    Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

  2. #29102
    Members studio150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On the Border
    Posts
    10,068

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will have visa free travel for tourists and business people i agree,
    Why?

    We are continually told that leavers want controlled immigration, therefore would it not be logical to assume that the position will be similar to that with the USA in that an electronic waiver will be issued if the applicant has no criminal convictions and has not previously been refused entry to the UK, otherwise an application for a visa will be required.

  3. #29103
    Im The Scatman
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    hassocks
    Posts
    46,626

  4. #29104
    Members
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Crawley
    Posts
    2,626

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The word "punish" is entirely from the Mail, Juncker has said that the example of Britain will make everyone realise it is not worth leaving. 48% of those that voted agreed with him on referendum day, all but the most ardent Brexiters will agree in the end.
    Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

  5. #29105
    Members studio150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On the Border
    Posts
    10,068

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The word "punish" is entirely from the Mail, Juncker has said that the example of Britain will make everyone realise it is not worth leaving. 48% of those that voted agreed with him on referendum day, all but the most ardent Brexiters will agree in the end.
    Leavers must surely be lining up to pay this, or indeed shouting out that €50bn is cheap and a real bargain for getting our country back. So not a problem at all.

  6. #29106
    Members
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,599

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The word "punish" is entirely from the Mail, Juncker has said that the example of Britain will make everyone realise it is not worth leaving. 48% of those that voted agreed with him on referendum day, all but the most ardent Brexiters will agree in the end.
    I will never agree. I love europe, but I hate that crappy organisation.

  7. #29107
    Members
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,599

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leavers must surely be lining up to pay this, or indeed shouting out that 50bn is cheap and a real bargain for getting our country back. So not a problem at all.
    You mean paying for the pensions of all those bureaucrats. You think that's good value for money, because I don't. What have these people ever done for me? Nothing.

  8. #29108

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not hypocritical but apparently very misguided about what freedom of movement means. it means there are no conditions upon the European citizen, whether they originate in Barrow, Berlin or Barcelona.
    To put my aside in context, it was a reference to the UK being outside the Schengen Area and therefore more easily able to carry out checks on all entrants, including those from the EU, in a way that would not apply to someone moving from one part of the country to another. How do you feel this is 'very misguided'?

  9. #29109

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My dad was British, served in the RAF as an aircraft mechanic, if he was still alive today he would have been a definite leaver.
    If you say so I am sure that is true and good luck to him. I have a friend, no longer young, who is the daughter of an Admiral of the Fleet. As a child she saw the workings of empire, was at the Palace for the investiture and was once the little one boarding the battleship returning to Portsmouth. Her patriotism comes from deep down and personal experience. She was deeply upset at what happened on on 23 June. In itself, that doesn't prove much, other than perhaps it is best not to associate love of country and our armed forces with either side of this debate. There are better platforms.

  10. #29110
    Members The Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    West is BEST
    Posts
    2,406

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you say so I am sure that is true and good luck to him. I have a friend, no longer young, who is the daughter of an Admiral of the Fleet. As a child she saw the workings of empire, was at the Palace for the investiture and was once the little one boarding the battleship returning to Portsmouth. Her patriotism comes from deep down and personal experience. She was deeply upset at what happened on on 23 June. In itself, that doesn't prove much, other than perhaps it is best not to associate love of country and our armed forces with either side of this debate. There are better platforms.
    Father served 20+ in Royal Navy. He would have been gutted at this result. He'd seen the world and knew unity was better than going it alone.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •