View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
319. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

193 60.50%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

126 39.50%
Page 2910 of 3046 FirstFirst ... 191024102810286029002907290829092910291129122913292029603010 ... LastLast
Results 29,091 to 29,100 of 30454

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well to be fair I cannot imagine museums and culture really being your thing.
    Nor a lot of people who work in the city, that's why they won't move there.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Nice name calling. The use of capitals adds class too................
      Thanks. It means a lot to me, coming from you.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Brexit Secretary David Davis said today the UK was now "on the threshold of the most important negotiation for this country for a generation"

Mr Davis I can only hope that by making this statement you are demonstrating to the world an example of the famous British understatement!

Can anyone think of anything bigger?

0 Not allowed!
      There goes 50billion.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
      Brexit Secretary David Davis said today the UK was now "on the threshold of the most important negotiation for this country for a generation"

Mr Davis I can only hope that by making this statement you are demonstrating to the world an example of the famous British understatement!

Can anyone think of anything bigger?
      On the basis that a generation is 25 years, then nothing approaching this has happened since the Maastricht treaty
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      There goes 50billion.
      Tells you everything that is wrong with the EU just there. 50 billion for what? Biggest con going.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      There goes 50billion.
      lets look at this claimed 50bn bill. firstly, that was a figure pulled from someones arse. secondly a figure would be negotiated to cover expected liabilities to EU to the end of their current budget cycle and future pensions. so this is money we would have paid to the EU anyway in the annual contributions. lets for argument sake stay with the 50bn, this is against an annual cost of 13bn, so just under 4 years contributions. as the budget goes up to 2020, we'll be looking at ~ 9 month short fall on budget (assume exit completes March 2019), so about 10bn plus whatever they believe our EU pension liabilities are. and paying exit payment now for that will be a hell of a lot cheaper in the long run.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      On the one hand they are happy for non EU citizens who wish to come and live and work here to go through a process of getting a visa that involves checks surrounding previous criminal convictions, after all that is a sensible and responsible thing to do. Yet they shudder if you want the same and equal checks to be applied to EU citizens when they want to come and live and work here. EU citizens can waltz in, live and work amongst us with no checks on previous criminal history.
      It is more than safe to assume those that support this, consider any crime carried out by people with a criminal history whose history is not checked to be a price worth paying in keeping the ideal of free movement alive.
      Quite disgusting when you actually think about it isn’t it. But at least you have convinced yourself it’s a price worth paying and you can feel better about yourself.
      You miss the nub of our disagreement, perhaps intentionally.

Someone could, I suppose, say that you are hypocritical and contradictory to demand checks on a worker moving to Brighton from Berlin but not on another worker moving here from Barrow. In fact, you are not being hypocritical - you simply believe (unlike one of your fellow-Brexiters it seems) that there should be free movement around all parts of the UK. So do I. Where we differ is that I believe that that freedom should be extended (subject to certain conditions) to people from across the European Union as part of the treaty we share with neighbouring countries.

The difference is not that one of us is being hypocritical but that we have different opinions about where we draw the line.

That, in this case, is where our disagreement is. I understand the opposing point of view. Which I suppose is another difference between us.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      Nor a lot of people who work in the city, that's why they won't move there.
      They will move there for the fact it is one of the most powerful financial hubs in the World. And we are about to become one of the least powerful.

0 Not allowed!
      we can see you sneaking out ........... cheario cheario cheario cheario and repeat
      regards
      DR