View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
327. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

197 60.24%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

130 39.76%
Page 2906 of 3120 FirstFirst ... 190624062806285628962903290429052906290729082909291629563006 ... LastLast
Results 29,051 to 29,060 of 31195
    Im The Scatman

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1,000 per year, per nurse as a Tier 2 Employee as per the Immigration Skills Charge, all added to The NHS budget.
    Good job we have 350 million extra a week.....

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      Just read that 14,000 NHS workers are from the Republic of Ireland alone.....
      Glory hunting since 1987 ManOfSussex's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      why conflate residency applications with extra checks for work visas.....they are entirely separate.
      Do you not want authorities to be as thorough as possible with asking people to prove they have actually been here for 5 years before dishing out residency permits, if they just waved people on and didnt bother with these residency checks you would probably be the first to moan that the gov was doing a slack crap job
      Residency applications are the only option EU nationals have to safeguard themselves permanently here now, as things stand. What work visas can EU nurses here currently apply for to work in The NHS and is there any sign of any being brought in the near future and how will they work? Fixed term, permanent?

There's also the fact that the pound has fallen in value against the Euro, which has made The UK a less attractive option for EU nationals.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39322297

Another downside to Brexit rears its head. Daily occurrence now.
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      Residency applications are the only option EU nationals have to safeguard themselves permanently here now, as things stand. What work visas can EU nurses here currently apply for to work in The NHS and is there any sign of any being brought in the near future and how will they work? Fixed term, permanent?

There's also the fact that the pound has fallen in value against the Euro, which has made The UK a less attractive option for EU nationals.
      Can also demand a higher wage as applying for Visa etc.

0 Not allowed!
      1,000 per year, per nurse as a Tier 2 Employee as per the Immigration Skills Charge, all added to The NHS budget.
      And we all agree its a mess, we are one of the worst countries in Europe for training our own nurses, we rely on stealing trained nurses from countries that would prob prefer we didnt.
      There maybe a valid argument to lowering the visa fee for trained nurses but they now as tier 2 also have to provide a criminal record check to their employer.I doubt anyone here would argue given they have to work with vulnerable people and children that this is a bad thing
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      And we all agree its a mess, we are one of the worst countries in Europe for training our own nurses, we rely on stealing trained nurses from countries that would prob prefer we didnt.
      There maybe a valid argument to lowering the visa fee for trained nurses but they now as tier 2 also have to provide a criminal record check to their employer.I doubt anyone here would argue given they have to work with vulnerable people and children that this is a bad thing
      Nurses already have a criminal check, I think to work in the NHS you have to have a check anyway - On that I am not 100% sure.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      Nurses already have a criminal check, I think to work in the NHS you have to have a check anyway - On that I am not 100% sure.
      i suspect you probably do although im not 100% sure either
      the point is whats wrong with having criminal checks on foreign nationals wishing to come here to live and work, if you have no objection to foreign NHS staff or foreign teachers getting checked why are remainers so against work visas and checks generally for EU citizens coming to live here when they are not against them for non EU citizens......its a hypocritical standpoint

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      Can also demand a higher wage as applying for Visa etc.
      can you and manofsussex confirm which version is true?
      he says the visa fee is payed by the NHS and goes on its budget and you are going with the nurses pay it so can demand higher wages.
      Im The Scatman

1 Not allowed!
      i suspect you probably do although im not 100% sure either
      the point is whats wrong with having criminal checks on foreign nationals wishing to come here to live and work, if you have no objection to foreign NHS staff or foreign teachers getting checked why are remainers so against work visas and checks generally for EU citizens coming to live here when they are not against them for non EU citizens......its a hypocritical standpoint
      They should have background checks, you are right - I believe most do - but this is not an EU lead problem - it is from the UK Government