View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
388. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

252 64.95%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

136 35.05%
Page 2905 of 3430 FirstFirst ... 1905240528052855289529022903290429052906290729082915295530053405 ... LastLast
Results 29,041 to 29,050 of 34295

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure I agree, as the benefits would no longer be the same.

Plus, who would pay and administer all these Visa's? currently it can take up to 3 months for a standard DBS clearance - depending on the police force.
    But if you have weighed up your options and decided the UK is where you want to be above anywhere else no amount of extra checks would put a serious applicant off......surely.....especially if you have decided the UK is in the best interests of your family.
    Visas cost money to administer no doubt and they can be expensive to aquire but what price do you put on checking the right people are coming into the country.......currently no one sensible is arguing that checks on non EU nationals should be stopped altogether.......what is wrong with extending checks? Many tier 1 and tier2 work visas are sponsored confirmed jobs, with the fee often paid for by the company and not the individual.
    Im really not seeing an issue here especially as we do it already with non EU nationals and people are not up in arms about it.
    Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Im The Scatman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      But if you have weighed up your options and decided the UK is where you want to be above anywhere else no amount of extra checks would put a serious applicant off......surely.....especially if you have decided the UK is in the best interests of your family.
      Visas cost money to administer no doubt and they can be expensive to aquire but what price do you put on checking the right people are coming into the country.......currently no one sensible is arguing that checks on non EU nationals should be stopped altogether.......what is wrong with extending checks? Many tier 1 and tier2 work visas are sponsored confirmed jobs, with the fee often paid for by the company and not the individual.
      Im really not seeing an issue here especially as we do it already with non EU nationals and people are not up in arms about it.
      Nurses already have to go through a number of searches as it is.

Many people who would have thought about the Uk for ease of access to jobs, work for family members, schooling etc would now be put of - certainly till its all clearer.

Potentially (all ifs and buts) 2 years of fewer staff in the NHS, followed by higher costs of recruiting staff.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      I have made many serious comments on this thread.
      yeah like the anti EU vote was about getting rid of brown people, or a second referendum is coming soon mark my words or my personal favourite the economy is crashing

Dream on clueless
      Glory hunting since 1987 ManOfSussex's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      But if you are a EU nurse and you decided you wanted to come to the UK as you saw it to be better than Germany and provided better opportunities for your family why would you decide to pack the idea in because of some extra checks that really are nothing more than paperwork? surely if you have identified The UK as the best destination for you and your family you would jump through hoops to provide for them
      Whilst everything is in limbo, the extra checks are currently an 85 page Home Office residency application that requires 5 years of documentary evidence and has a near 30% rejection rate. 5,500 EU nurses have left The NHS since the vote and just 101 were recruited for December, the last month that figures are available for, which is down 90% since before the vote.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      yeah like the anti EU vote was about getting rid of brown people, or a second referendum is coming soon mark my words or my personal favourite the economy is crashing

Dream on clueless
      Like I said, you take yourself and the internet far, far too seriously.

I'm embarrassed to have bitten.

More fool me.

TB
      TC

0 Not allowed!

Many people who would have thought about the Uk for ease of access to jobs, work for family members, schooling etc would now be put of - certainly till its all clearer.

Potentially (all ifs and buts) 2 years of fewer staff in the NHS, followed by higher costs of recruiting staff.
      And yet the continued high number of people coming here to live and work from outside the EU would suggest people are not put off by added checks,the important thing is checks should be stringent, recent reductions in some areas of immigration(fake colleges) are because we are doing the right checks and asking the right questions.
      These sort of checks and questions apply in the majority of the countries worldwide, we should not be scared to apply them ourselves

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      Like I said, you take yourself and the internet far, far too seriously.

I'm embarrassed to have bitten.

More fool me.

TB
      TC
      blame the internet for your own stupid posts
      can you be any more of a joker?
      Glory hunting since 1987 ManOfSussex's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

1,000 per year, per nurse as a Tier 2 Employee as per the Immigration Skills Charge, all added to The NHS budget.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
      Im The Scatman

1 Not allowed!
      And yet the continued high number of people coming here to live and work from outside the EU would suggest people are not put off by added checks,the important thing is checks should be stringent, recent reductions in some areas of immigration(fake colleges) are because we are doing the right checks and asking the right questions.
      These sort of checks and questions apply in the majority of the countries worldwide, we should not be scared to apply them ourselves
      But that still does not answer the question as why would they come to the UK over elsewhere in the EU where there is less hassle to settle?

You are correct other nationalities that come here do have to gain Visa's, but May has already said we will not be allow a higher quota for Indian Visa's.

You maybe right, it may not have an affect on Nurses coming in, but I personally think it will.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      Whilst everything is in limbo, the extra checks are currently an 85 page Home Office residency application that requires 5 years of documentary evidence and has a near 30% rejection rate. 5,500 EU nurses have left The NHS since the vote and just 101 were recruited for December, the last month that figures are available for, which is down 90% since before the vote.
      why conflate residency applications with extra checks for work visas.....they are entirely separate.
      Do you not want authorities to be as thorough as possible with asking people to prove they have actually been here for 5 years before dishing out residency permits, if they just waved people on and didnt bother with these residency checks you would probably be the first to moan that the gov was doing a slack crap job