View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
389. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    253 65.04%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    136 34.96%
Page 2866 of 3448 FirstFirst ... 1866236627662816285628632864286528662867286828692876291629663366 ... LastLast
Results 28,651 to 28,660 of 34476
  1. #28651
    Members
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hove
    Posts
    15,062


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I see a BNP or NF march, it is the BNP/NF march that offends me, not the flag they may be carrying. As for England football fans carrying England flags, I can't agree with you there. What flag would you suggest they should carry? I suppose they could use the Saltire (Scottish flag) because it is obviously perfectly acceptable to all when Scottish fans carry it, and they're obviously not nationalist or racist!
    Of course, in your ideal world there's a nice pretty EU flag they could all use, but that horse, I'm afraid, has bolted!
    Every fair minded, right minded, morally sound Englishman has tried desperately to unburden our national flag from the symbolic representation and association the far right are so desperate to make with it. The historical significance of the flag goes through our history. You cannot ignore symbolism and the complex historical context that precedes it. Otherwise we'd see gammadion cross geometry used as it had been for thousands of years in tile patterns, geometrical designs, architecture, furniture etc. because there is nothing offensive about geometry, only its symbolism.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #28652

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I hear what you say. What I feel when seeing the flag of St George depends on the context. If the context is a church roof or outside an official building or on a pole in the middle of the village I live in I feel very content. If the context is a BNP or NF march, or used by bellowing England supporters I don't. If you feel pride wherever you see it, then fine. If you "tell me" that most people agree with you then that's fine too.

      None of this though was the main point of my post. That was to refute Soulman's tragic and cliched implication that Remainers have somehow got it in for England. Should I assume you agree with him?
      so why aren't you getting behind LEAVING EU and showing some solidarity in the country without dragging the union flag in to the equation, isn't it about time you gave up your sorry stance along with the other sulking remoaner's on here and get on with your life
      regards
      DR
    • #28653

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by daveinprague View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      i dont have a problem with football fans with the flag, its just the racist, bigoted, violent, drunks of far right organisations staggering through cities in the uk, looking for a confrontation with anybody, using our flag as their banner..
      YOU MEAN THE FAR LEFT
      regards
      DR
    • #28654

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by daveinprague View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I dont have a problem with football fans with the flag, its just the racist, bigoted, violent, drunks of far right organisations staggering through cities in the UK, looking for a confrontation with anybody, using our flag as their banner..
      Yes, my expression "bellowing football fans" wasn't well-chosen - I meant England supporters, usually in other peoples' countries, showing unnecessary aggression. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    • #28655

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      so why aren't you getting behind LEAVING EU and showing some solidarity in the country without dragging the union flag in to the equation, isn't it about time you gave up your sorry stance along with the other sulking remoaner's on here and get on with your life
      regards
      DR
      Like most people I usually ignore your posts but just for the record the issue of English nationalism was brought up by one of your fellow-Brexiters and once that was done it was difficult to avoid mentioning the English flag. Like most people who cherish that flag I object to its abuse and misuse. Why do you disapprove of this?

      Oh, and given all your witterings about what a patriot you are I'm surprised that you don't even know what our country's flag is called. No one, to the best of my knowledge, has ever mentioned the flag you describe.
    • #28656
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      1,782


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by daveinprague View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I dont have a problem with football fans with the flag, its just the racist, bigoted, violent, drunks of far right organisations staggering through cities in the UK, looking for a confrontation with anybody, using our flag as their banner..
      Of course neatly forgetting the hordes of central and eastern European psycopaths roaming the city streets all over Europe, killing and maiming as they go...... with or without flags..... not in your back yard eh??

      Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    • #28657

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Like most people I usually ignore your posts but just for the record the issue of English nationalism was brought up by one of your fellow-Brexiters and once that was done it was difficult to avoid mentioning the English flag. Like most people who cherish that flag I object to its abuse and misuse. Why do you disapprove of this?

      Oh, and given all your witterings about what a patriot you are I'm surprised that you don't even know what our country's flag is called. No one, to the best of my knowledge, has ever mentioned the flag you describe.
      the NF/BNP used the UNION jack , NOW IT'S THE FLAG OF ST GEORGE used by the far right, I couldn't give a monkeys really, it's not going to ruin my life where as leaving the EU seems to have destroyed you, MOVE ON ,YOU'LL MAKE YOURSELF UNWELL
      regards
      DR
      Last edited by Pretty pink fairy; 14-03-2017 at 18:12.
    • #28658
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Prague, Czech Republic
      Posts
      11,092


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      YOU MEAN THE FAR LEFT
      regards
      DR
      No far right racist twats coming to Brighton for confrontational purposes, no far left. It's so easy even you could understand.
      The guy that invented predictive text died today, his funfair will be next fryingpan.
    • #28659
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Prague, Czech Republic
      Posts
      11,092


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by heathgate View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Of course neatly forgetting the hordes of central and eastern European psycopaths roaming the city streets all over Europe, killing and maiming as they go...... with or without flags..... not in your back yard eh??

      Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Considering where I'm residing, that's probably the most stupid post on NSC I've ever read. Tell me about these hordes of East Europeans. Sounds facinating.
      The guy that invented predictive text died today, his funfair will be next fryingpan.
    • #28660
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Location
      Sompting
      Posts
      11,104


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I

      None of this though was the main point of my post. That was to refute Soulman's tragic and cliched implication that Remainers have somehow got it in for England. Should I assume you agree with him?
      Where did i mention "Remainers"...... i stated "Something that i am confused about. The Scots/SNP want independence, they are Nationalists, the Lefties on this board abore the English nationalists......yet show their support for the Scottish views on independence and EU stance.........strange."
      Maybe i should have stated Far Left, but Remainers, many who are from the centre etc i did not state.