Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon

View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
323. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    195 60.37%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    128 39.63%
Page 2865 of 3116 FirstFirst ... 186523652765281528552862286328642865286628672868287529152965 ... LastLast
Results 28,641 to 28,650 of 31151

Thread: BrExit name calling, point scoring etc.

  1. #28641

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By definition this is not aimed at me but as a centrist Remainer can I just say I support the wishes of all countries to express their identities and live peaceful lives in our interconnected world. This is true of all nations, including those of the UK.

    Having said that, there are issues, as we all know, over the direction English nationalism has often taken. It has sometimes seemed inseparable from the ranting aggression of the marching skinheads. I was looking at a remote country church the other week, with the flag of St George fluttering on the tower. It was all so lovely and I felt rather sad that that simple image has been misappropriated. It shouldn't be this way and if the spirit of England can be invoked in gentler ways then I would be all for it. Viva England.
    I can tell you that most people do not see the flag in this light, only people who are totally obsessed by the word nationalism and relate nationalism to a bunch of hate filled skinheads see the flag in this light.no one else does Labour's Emily Thornberry is a perfect example..
    Whenever i see the St George flag flying at full mask i get a great sense of pride.. knuckle dragging skinheads never enter my head.

  2. #28642

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton fella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can tell you that most people do not see the flag in this light, only people who are totally obsessed by the word nationalism and relate nationalism to a bunch of hate filled skinheads see the flag in this light.no one else does Labour's Emily Thornberry is a perfect example..
    Whenever i see the St George flag flying at full mask i get a great sense of pride.. knuckle dragging skinheads never enter my head.
    I hear what you say. What I feel when seeing the flag of St George depends on the context. If the context is a church roof or outside an official building or on a pole in the middle of the village I live in I feel very content. If the context is a BNP or NF march, or used by bellowing England supporters I don't. If you feel pride wherever you see it, then fine. If you "tell me" that most people agree with you then that's fine too.

    None of this though was the main point of my post. That was to refute Soulman's tragic and cliched implication that Remainers have somehow got it in for England. Should I assume you agree with him?

  3. #28643
    Members
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    10,753

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton fella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can tell you that most people do not see the flag in this light, only people who are totally obsessed by the word nationalism and relate nationalism to a bunch of hate filled skinheads see the flag in this light.no one else does Labour's Emily Thornberry is a perfect example..
    Whenever i see the St George flag flying at full mask i get a great sense of pride.. knuckle dragging skinheads never enter my head.
    Says an MFE supporter. Funny. Did you not join the knuckle dragging skinheads in their 30 yard parade in Brighton?
    To deny that groups like EDL/MFE have smeared our countries flag with their violence, drunkness, street brawling and bigotry etc
    is a little disingenuous.

    PS Why do MFE St Geroge's flags have England printed across them? Is it a reminder?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails March for England rally Bri(23).JPG  
    Last edited by daveinprague; 14-03-2017 at 15:12.
    Brighton MFE supporter supplies reason for Brighton 'St Georges Day' March - 'to f*cking right its now just for confrontational purposes'

  4. #28644
    Members
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,559

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No doubt my last post will illicit the predictable "bedwetting" "remoaner" cliches from brexiters. However do they recall some of the bedwetting tripe wheeled out by Farage and the leave campaign. Embarrassing. Either way none of the leave voters on here are ever going to admit they ****ed up.

    Like I say, a mess. A sad, regrettable mess.
    You are so bigoted that you could easily be called fascist... zero tolerance of an alternate view to your own. Openly deriding any individual who feels they don't like the way the country is going under the populist EU junta of Merkel/Tusk and Juncker... just please stop believing you and your sidekicks in the politburo are the final word on this... the numbers say otherwise.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  5. #28645
    Sanity Clause vegster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,402

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For anyone who loves this country, as I do, It's tragic to see what is happening to it right now. Tearing itself apart, probably going to lose long established unions like Scotland, rise of the right wing, rise of racism, no strong leaders, the leaders that did this ran off, we are now in the weakest trading position we have faced in history, the likes of the US and China are going to crucify us in trade deals, we will likely be set adrift with no deals with Europe in place or very one sided at best.
    Labour is a joke, May is an innefectual default PM, Farage was partly responsible for conning a small majority into landing us in this state and now he's a laughing stock across the pond and in Europe.
    Anyone that thinks a conservative government is going to restore manafacturing in the U.K. is deluded, they were the ones that systematically dismantled it in the 70's and 80's. they don't care it'll be cheap Chinese steel all the way. The withdrawal of EU funding that once propped up
    our industry will see the few remaining strongholds of UK manufacturing wither and die.
    What a mess. And it's a legacy decision so there's no way out of it for decades.
    Pretty much this. I wouldn't blame the Scots if they wanted another referendum given the impending disaster ahead.
    It is pretty condecending to the people of Scotland to be lectured by Mrs May on democracy when the Tory have just one elected Scottish MP. Besides, as we well know from Farage, if the Brexit vote had been 52%/48% to Remain he would have kept going for a second referendum.
    I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

    " Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
    Terry Pratchett 1948 2015

  6. #28646
    Members studio150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On the Border
    Posts
    10,068

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by heathgate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are so bigoted that you could easily be called fascist... zero tolerance of an alternate view to your own. Openly deriding any individual who feels they don't.......

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    And the difference with a number of leavers that could be named here is?

  7. #28647
    Members studio150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On the Border
    Posts
    10,068

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton fella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can tell you that most people do not see the flag in this light, only people who are totally obsessed by the word nationalism and relate nationalism to a bunch of hate filled skinheads see the flag in this light.no one else does Labour's Emily Thornberry is a perfect example..
    Whenever i see the St George flag flying at full mask i get a great sense of pride.. knuckle dragging skinheads never enter my head.
    Leaving aside whether anything enters your head which hasnt had the meaning totally changed, it is not surprising that a confessed MFE member would say anything different about the flag that they have taken which means many now find it difficult to be proud about the flag being used on marches and in similar circumstance.

  8. #28648
    Members
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,559

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the difference with a number of leavers that could be named here is?
    From what I read... perhaps the acceptance that if the vote had gone the other way, they would have just shrugged their collective shoulders in disappointment then moved on with their lives as before. This is a key difference to what I see here with the Remain camp... permanently offended and with self appointed superiority in their attitude and opinion.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  9. #28649
    Members GT49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    14,585

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hear what you say. What I feel when seeing the flag of St George depends on the context. If the context is a church roof or outside an official building or on a pole in the middle of the village I live in I feel very content. If the context is a BNP or NF march, or used by bellowing England supporters I don't. If you feel pride wherever you see it, then fine. If you "tell me" that most people agree with you then that's fine too.
    If I see a BNP or NF march, it is the BNP/NF march that offends me, not the flag they may be carrying. As for England football fans carrying England flags, I can't agree with you there. What flag would you suggest they should carry? I suppose they could use the Saltire (Scottish flag) because it is obviously perfectly acceptable to all when Scottish fans carry it, and they're obviously not nationalist or racist!
    Of course, in your ideal world there's a nice pretty EU flag they could all use, but that horse, I'm afraid, has bolted!

  10. #28650
    Members
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    10,753

    0 Not allowed!
    I dont have a problem with football fans with the flag, its just the racist, bigoted, violent, drunks of far right organisations staggering through cities in the UK, looking for a confrontation with anybody, using our flag as their banner..
    Brighton MFE supporter supplies reason for Brighton 'St Georges Day' March - 'to f*cking right its now just for confrontational purposes'

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •