View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
354. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

222 62.71%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

132 37.29%
Page 2861 of 3166 FirstFirst ... 186123612761281128512858285928602861286228632864287129112961 ... LastLast
Results 28,601 to 28,610 of 31660

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let them have another go., over 1M voted out, and just over half a million more voted Remain. Wales was 53% Leave. The Scots and NI out voters tipped the balance to Leave.
    Ireland welcomed the Queen, have kept quiet, why, because they have the Euro, we bailed them out when they got in the sh1t.
    The mistake the EU made was thinking they could cobble together and change countries that have thousands of years of traditons and culture and language, do away with borders etc.
    In other words make a superstate, take a look at history, they have all fallen.........the same as the EU will.

Something that i am confused about. The Scots/SNP want independence, they are Nationalists, the Lefties on this board abore the English nationalists......yet show their support for the Scottish views on independence and EU stance.........strange.
    You should know by now the left stink of hypocrisy and anything that contradicts itself. and you think you are confused

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton fella View Post
      You should know by now the left stink of hypocrisy and anything that contradicts itself. and you think you are confused
      Hmmm.....how many pints has that response taken?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      Thanks couldn't recall who it was, maybe best to scale down a little
      A pleasure.

He's not been around for a few days. I think he's still marvelling at his discovery that jet planes can fly very fast and can get from Berlin to the AMEX in around 2 and a half hours. Gotta love his wide eyed innocence; it's cute.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim in the West View Post
      I know I've raised this before (and been castigated by the Brexiteers), but can anyone explain to me how we are going to fly to any EU country after we quit? I ask the question (a) because I'm in the aviation industry, and (b) because it's pretty fundamental to our future. No one I have come across to date (lawyers, consultants, staff at DfT, airline industry experts) have been able to explain how we get aviation access to the EU post Brexit. The obvious answer is that we do a deal, but the rest of the EU can ask for HUGE concessions elsewhere, as they know we will need to be able to fly to EU countries. This is what (in my view) is so crazy about this whole Brexit thing - we immediately provide just about every bargaining chip to the other side. And, if Mrs May comes back to Parliament in two years' time with a deal that's rejected, then we are out - with no rights to fly to EU countries. I realise this is a relatively minor issue for Brexiteers, who will be happy to just "get back control". However, for the rest of us it's quite a serious matter!

I was trying to think of some footballing consequences, to perhaps give the issue some relevance on NSC. My guess is that British teams would no longer be able to partake in the Champions League, given that it would be almost impossible to travel to away games (train/coach transport would just take too long). Or perhaps the likes of Chelsea, Man City, etc would have two teams - one permanently stationed somewhere in the EU....

I know these practical issues are subjects that Brexiteers don't want to think about, but some time soon we will all have to start facing up to a very different way of life. Let's hope global warming arrives soon, and we can happily exchange the Costa del Sol for the glories of Scarborough and Bridlington. Or maybe we all go on holiday to India (which I see is a favoured trading partner on here).
      Not sure Jim you would really appreciate any response from brexiters all over again regarding your concerns.

How about we pass this over to some legitimate real remainers for their input instead.

@Lincoln Imp @studio150 @Baldseagull @Herr Tubthumper @5ways

Can you boys help a brother out?
      Because there will no longer be any flights from the UK to Europe or Europe to the UK post brexit Jim is worried our big footy clubs will need to diversify and have two teams like Chelsea UK and Chelsea EU if they wish to compete in The Champions League as the inevitable long coach journeys are impractical for the UK branch of the club. ( not sure which domestic league Chelsea EU are competing in but we can iron out little things like that later)

Anything you boys can say to reassure him or even if appropriate, confirm his worries?
      Could he fly for example to another non EU country and then fly into Europe to circumnavigate the direct ban on cross border flights or are those airlines in other non EU countries getting canned post brexit too (oops soz about that, should have thought things through), or maybe sneak into France with the help of the resistance and then get an internal EU flight….or will that be just too impractical, especially if it’s a whole squad going in cognito dressed in orange tracksuits?

Poor old Jim in the west has raised his concerns but the lawyers, consultants, staff at DfT, and airline industry experts are all ignoring him for some baffling reason.

So come on chaps don’t leave a brother hanging. Show him you care and help out.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      worshipping Omiros

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      Not sure Jim you would really appreciate any response from brexiters all over again regarding your concerns.

How about we pass this over to some legitimate real remainers for their input instead.

@Lincoln Imp @studio150 @Baldseagull @Herr Tubthumper @5ways

Can you boys help a brother out?
      Because there will no longer be any flights from the UK to Europe or Europe to the UK post brexit Jim is worried our big footy clubs will need to diversify and have two teams like Chelsea UK and Chelsea EU if they wish to compete in The Champions League as the inevitable long coach journeys are impractical for the UK branch of the club. ( not sure which domestic league Chelsea EU are competing in but we can iron out little things like that later)

Anything you boys can say to reassure him or even if appropriate, confirm his worries?
      Could he fly for example to another non EU country and then fly into Europe to circumnavigate the direct ban on cross border flights or are those airlines in other non EU countries getting canned post brexit too (oops soz about that, should have thought things through), or maybe sneak into France with the help of the resistance and then get an internal EU flight….or will that be just too impractical, especially if it’s a whole squad going in cognito dressed in orange tracksuits?

Poor old Jim in the west has raised his concerns but the lawyers, consultants, staff at DfT, and airline industry experts are all ignoring him for some baffling reason.

So come on chaps don’t leave a brother hanging. Show him you care and help out.
      Not patronising at all then?
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      worshipping Omiros

0 Not allowed!
      Little question for all the know it alls on this thread who are so sure we are all going to be peachy coming out of the Eu.

Assuming that there " may" not be an agreement as to the rights of Eu citizens to remain in the U.K., what happens to the millions of Irish people in this country? After all they will be Eu citizens, not United Kingdom citizens. Will they all be sent home in the same way as people are expecting the poles etc being deported?
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      We can currently live in one of 28 countries, not for much longer though due to the close mindedness of some
      Can you tell me the lotto numbers for the weekend too..... you are amazing obviously.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by heathgate View Post
      Can you tell me the lotto numbers for the weekend too..... you are amazing obviously.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      With Brexit there is enough gambling going on, sorry I am enable to assist
      Johnny Cantor, BBC Sussex, 17/4/17…

He’s presented with a blue and white scarf, you can seeing him wearing that scarf, he’s bouncing up and down, he’s letting go, well done Tony Bloom !!!

0 Not allowed!
      Deleted, I got bored
      Glory hunting since 1987 ManOfSussex's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      A very interesting 'Dispatches' programme last night.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/d...mand/65225-001
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!