Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In 42 years as one of your fellow leavers suggested the other day

That was mad Fergus. I don't think even Brexiteers bother with him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You mean a crippled NHS and social services and ever increasing disparity between the have and have nots. I thought Brexit was meant to save the NHS and dispense of cheap labour. Surely the status quo would mean Brexit has been a massive failure.

Sorry but I'm missing something here. How is a trade deal to allow Kenyans to process their own coffee without punitive tariffs, for instance, bad news for the NHS? And why is the exploitation of people for very low wages necessarily a good thing? I don't claim to have all the answers but if a solution to our NHS problem involves deliberately seeking to get people who will work for the least amount of money then I'd say that goes against the very spirit of what the NHS stands for.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That was mad Fergus. I don't think even Brexiteers bother with him.

Au contraire
Mad Fergus is a welcome highlight on this thread, he made studio look rather silly only recently.
And we are all concerned about his front door.......as you should be as well........if you had any compassion left in that dark recess you call a heart.???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

42 years, eh? That's a bit of a coincidence. That's exactly when Greece will finally have repaid its latest loan if it keeps up repayments. As an avid EU supporter I'm sure you would agree that 42 years can't be such a long time in financial terms or else the EU wouldn't have imposed that length.

2le5dah.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

He didnt suggest it would take 42 years though did he.
He said how about you judge brexit in 42 years time.
Very different entirely.

You do have a remarkable ability, above anyone else on this thread to not understand written English and what is being described to you.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot (7).png

Yes, agreed.

Oh.. :ffsparr:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Let them have another go., over 1M voted out, and just over half a million more voted Remain. Wales was 53% Leave. The Scots and NI out voters tipped the balance to Leave.
Ireland welcomed the Queen, have kept quiet, why, because they have the Euro, we bailed them out when they got in the sh1t.
The mistake the EU made was thinking they could cobble together and change countries that have thousands of years of traditons and culture and language, do away with borders etc.
In other words make a superstate, take a look at history, they have all fallen.........the same as the EU will.

Something that i am confused about. The Scots/SNP want independence, they are Nationalists, the Lefties on this board abore the English nationalists......yet show their support for the Scottish views on independence and EU stance.........strange.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Quite. Things may well get tougher in the short-term but I was aware of this when I voted Brexit. I regard it as a fair price to pay for regaining sovereignty of law, divorcing ourselves fully from the EU federal project and full insulation from the next Euro crisis. I do believe however that over the long run we'll be better off economically.

I think we mentioned this before the referendum and since.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Something that i am confused about. The Scots/SNP want independence, they are Nationalists, the Lefties on this board abore the English nationalists......yet show their support for the Scottish views on independence and EU stance.........strange.
Not strange at all. I think it's called hypocrisy.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The mistake the EU made was thinking they could cobble together and change countries that have thousands of years of traditons and culture and language, do away with borders etc.

So effectively the same as the Atlantic West has been doing since the Great Exhibition at Crystal Palace. Spreading their values (democracy consumerism industrialization etc) to all parts of the world. So that thousands of years culture language is replaced with western values. So that even the most remote areas of Africa Asia etc thete is a demand for the latest smart phone and the dollar and the english language rule.
Indeed where for example communist paths were raken Egypt Indonesian etc it was stamped out by neighbouring forces.

So you could argue that for the reasons you want the EU to fail you should also want the United Kingdom to fail because we were the forerunners of imposing our society onto others initially by colonisation and the Empire.

The worry now is that the likes of China and India from playing catchup are likely to be ahead of usin the future.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So effectively the same as the Atlantic West has been doing since the Great Exhibition at Crystal Palace. Spreading their values (democracy consumerism industrialization etc) to all parts of the world. So that thousands of years culture language is replaced with western values. So that even the most remote areas of Africa Asia etc thete is a demand for the latest smart phone and the dollar and the english language rule.
Indeed where for example communist paths were raken Egypt Indonesian etc it was stamped out by neighbouring forces.

So you could argue that for the reasons you want the EU to fail you should also want the United Kingdom to fail because we were the forerunners of imposing our society onto others initially by colonisation and the Empire.

The worry now is that the likes of China and India from playing catchup are likely to be ahead of usin the future.

I think as usual you missed the point in your haste to empty your head of what you wanted to post.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You know what, I'd be happy with the UK being no better off than we are now with African nations if it meant that the African nations became more self-sufficient and the deals were more equitable without having to link sales to aid/loans.[/QUOT

That would be fine with me too, but I don't think it is at all likely to happen. Brexit is not about how we can be more generous and create greater equity in the world.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You mean a crippled NHS and social services and ever increasing disparity between the have and have nots. I thought Brexit was meant to save the NHS and dispense of cheap labour. Surely the status quo would mean Brexit has been a massive failure.

No, I think Brexit was principally to piss you off.

Satisfied now?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Let them have another go., over 1M voted out, and just over half a million more voted Remain. Wales was 53% Leave. The Scots and NI out voters tipped the balance to Leave.
Ireland welcomed the Queen, have kept quiet, why, because they have the Euro, we bailed them out when they got in the sh1t.
In other words make a superstate, take a look at history, they have all fallen.........the same as the EU will.

You should know by now the left stink of hypocrisy and anything that contradicts itself. and you think you are confused:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here