Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can someone let me know how Brexit will affect Calde returning to the Albion sometime in the future?

And if this wasn't considered and mentioned in the Leave campaign, can they explain WHY?

It appears he is likely to be permitted to return if he wants a job replacing toilet rolls in the loos at the Amex, not so sure if the position of coach will be available though if there are good numbers of qualified coaches resident in the UK.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Paris, up to date footage..........not seen this on our media.

Ah, France. Interesting times.

Imagine a situation in the UK where a snap general election has been called and...

1. UKIP support has grown to the extent that it is the second favourite to win.
2. The lacklustre Tories are in freefall following internal splits and a scandal in Number 10.
3. The Labour Party is virtually moribund following internal splits and an out-of-touch leader.
4. A new progressive alliance has been formed from the moderate wings of other parties and, led by Chuka Umunna, is the favourite to storm home and form the next government.

France is currently showing that exactly that can be done, although England, of course, is special. We face a different future. Welcome Boris and Nigel - you are our true guiding lights.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Interesting comments

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has warned the UK it faces a "very hefty" bill for Brexit.
He promised two years of "tough negotiation", when discussions on leaving terms get under way between the government and the European Union.
Exit will not come "at a discount or at zero cost", he said in a speech to the Belgian Federal Parliament.
Reports suggest the UK could have to pay the EU up to 60 billion euros (£51bn) after Brexit talks start.

Righto , This will help negotiations a great deal !

Mr Junky go and do one !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What did you expect, the EU to allow member nations to come and go as they please?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So those who voted for £350 million per week for the NHS, have actually caused us all to pay £50 billion to leave the EU? And they say that Brexitiers were not all stupid?...........

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ah, France. Interesting times.

Imagine a situation in the UK where a snap general election has been called and...

1. UKIP support has grown to the extent that it is the second favourite to win.
2. The lacklustre Tories are in freefall following internal splits and a scandal in Number 10.
3. The Labour Party is virtually moribund following internal splits and an out-of-touch leader.
4. A new progressive alliance has been formed from the moderate wings of other parties and, led by Chuka Umunna, is the favourite to storm home and form the next government.

France is currently showing that exactly that can be done, although England, of course, is special. We face a different future. Welcome Boris and Nigel - you are our true guiding lights.

I do like the sound of Macron, socially liberal, economically conservative.

Should stop the rot in Europe. Not so good for us though, he's smart and will drive a hard bargain

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has warned the UK it faces a "very hefty" bill for Brexit.
He promised two years of "tough negotiation", when discussions on leaving terms get under way between the government and the European Union.
Exit will not come "at a discount or at zero cost", he said in a speech to the Belgian Federal Parliament.
Reports suggest the UK could have to pay the EU up to 60 billion euros (£51bn) after Brexit talks start.

All talk, and bravado do you think that he wants to admit that the EU is decline and will probably collapse in a few years with so many referendums throughout Europe no ones happy apart from the Germans and Belgium's

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

No,no,no

The Leavers are more than happy to pay this,in fact they would probably be willing to pay 10 times this.

Its all money well spent as they have their country back.

The fact that we're all going to much poorer is perfectly acceptable to Leavers,and something so they say they are happy to accept

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Macron stands a good chance,unless anybody has solid evidence against him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So those who voted for £350 million per week for the NHS, have actually caused us all to pay £50 billion to leave the EU? And they say that Brexitiers were not all stupid?...........
Right, so you're saying that we should do whatever Juncker says and not bother negotiating?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not surprised by this – the EU/countries IN the EU are likely to screw the UK for everything they can. Why wouldn't they? If the shoe was on the other foot, we'd do EXACTLY the same.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think we should pay up whatever they say,but only when Germany,Belgium,France,Holland,Spain etc,pay up the deficit in their defence contributions over the last 40 years.Otherwise,they can get stuffed!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

your logic is as flawed as Junkers grandstanding. the cost to meet future obligations would occur anyway, as part of the current yearly expenditure. it wont cost us anything to leave, we will see a little less saving.

Junker and others making a fuss over this have made errors, one they've shown opening gambit (see that 60bn negotiated down) and two, they've put on the agenda various assets that UK may be entitled to see their share of returned. and it highlights that its the EU hardline that will determine what sort of terms we leave on.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What did you expect, the EU to allow member nations to come and go as they please?

When I think about other voluntary relationships, I think about circumstances in which people are free to chose to assosiate, or not to. - As they please.

Imagine any relationship between two people in which they are not allowed to "come and go as they please". That would not seem to me to be a voluntary and mutually respectful relationship.

If I imagine a couple in a situation where one partner decides the relationship isn't working for them, and they decide to leave the relationship, then I imagine the response from their partner being, "I'll make you pay for leaving", and "I don't want to make others think that they can just leave a relationship with me without cost", I would consider that to not be a voluntary and mutually respectful relationship.

I would consider it to be an abusive relationship, and I would say, whatever the cost may end up being, that person who want's to leave has made the correct choice, and should get out. They certainly shouldn't consider remaining n the relationship because they fear being punished by their partner if they leave.

If the EU had said to us, "Hey, we love being in this relationship, and we really don't want it to end, but we respect you and this is your decision, we will support you and be here for you, no matter what you decide", I might have felt some heartache about leaving. All the EU have done is prove that this was the right decision, and made us (well me) wonder what we ever saw in them. (I'm talking about the political Union obviously, not the continent, of which we will always be a part).

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm not sure that you can really compare one of the world's larger economies walking away from its membership of the world's largest association of national states to a bloke and his bird having a bit of a fall out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here