Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As we know Brexit is all about truth.

i know people like to keep harping back to the bus... but it is factually correct, we do send £350m to Eu each week. im well aware there's semantics and nuance to this, but it is a truth.

instead of bring up old political memes, why not address head on the accusations of corruption and undemocratic structure? Shirley its easy to show how both of these are untrue, right? just like the remain camp fought such a strong campaign on the virtues of membership.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Guilty until proven innocent you mean?

What forcing countries to vote again until they come up with an answer that only suits them is democratic and worthy of a not guilty and the fact that the EU auditors refused to sign off more than £100 billion of its own spending as well as Junker and his cronies swanning off here there and every fu*king where on private jets and booking into swanky hotels at the tax payers expense isn't guilty of corruption either. give your head a wobble.:D

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
i know people like to keep harping back to the bus... but it is factually correct, we do send £350m to Eu each week. im well aware there's semantics and nuance to this, but it is a truth.

We 'harp back' to the BRIGHT RED bus because it was a headline promise that won Brexit for leavers, and which was a blatant lie they were ever going to do it. It will never be brushed under the carpet.

instead of bring up old political memes, why not address head on the accusations of corruption and undemocratic structure? Shirley its easy to show how both of these are untrue, right? just like the remain camp fought such a strong campaign on the virtues of membership.

It's not a meme. It was real.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
We 'harp back' to the BRIGHT RED bus because it was a headline promise that won Brexit for leavers, and which was a blatant lie they were ever going to do it. It will never be brushed under the carpet.

What one lie compensates for the countless other lies made by the EU. ok that's alright then..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blimey even Express readers are entering the doom camp.

Capture.JPG

#euref19

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

"let fund our NHS instead" is a proposition, not a promise. i was never comfortable with it myself, why should only the NHS benefit for one thing, but it makes a snappy slogan. meme are ideas, not defined by being real or unreal but by their persistence and evolution. a bit like the idea that the EU is corrupt and undeomcratic, that appears to go unchallenged.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
"let fund our NHS instead" is a proposition, not a promise. i was never comfortable with it myself, why should only the NHS benefit for one thing, but it makes a snappy slogan. meme are ideas, not defined by being real or unreal but by their persistence and evolution. a bit like the idea that the EU is corrupt and undeomcratic, that appears to go unchallenged.

It goes unchallenged because it's the truth, and the truth hurts.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

You're as bad as D. Trump with this inaccurate statement. Whether you are unaware of the correct figure or its just a straight forward lie, I will leave with you.

Given that the UK rebate is deducted before we send our money to the EU, the figure for 2016 was £252m the lowest since 2012.

The figure becomes even less if you also deduct the EU spending on supporting projects in the UK. It drops down to £156m.

You may one day come to understand the falsehoods put forward by the Leave team.

You may also want to read the following, where guess what, the experts were right (just slightly late in coming through)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/10/experts-strike-back-how-economists-proved-right-on-brexit

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
You're as bad as D. Trump with this inaccurate statement. Whether you are unaware of the correct figure or its just a straight forward lie, I will leave with you.

Given that the UK rebate is deducted before we send our money to the EU, the figure for 2016 was £252m the lowest since 2012.

The figure becomes even less if you also deduct the EU spending on supporting projects in the UK. It drops down to £156m.

You may one day come to understand the falsehoods put forward by the Leave team.

You may also want to read the following, where guess what, the experts were right (just slightly late in coming through)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/10/experts-strike-back-how-economists-proved-right-on-brexit

Plus Dom Cummings has admitted it was made up AND it was the thing that won the vote. Obviously people have searched for an alternative argument since and the argument of choice today appears to be that they play expenses (which is obviously something that would never happen here)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Oh,it's only 156 MILLION POUNDS a week we send to the EU-suppose you think that's a perfectly acceptable amount,do you?Well most of us think it's 156 million too much.That's why we voted to leave.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Oh,it's only 156 MILLION POUNDS a week we send to the EU-suppose you think that's a perfectly acceptable amount,do you?Well most of us think it's 156 million too much.That's why we voted to leave.

So under 3 quid per person membership fee a week to the biggest club in the world which brings many many times that in benefits. Not bad is it.

Think of it like my bank account where I pay 3 quid a month to join a reward scheme and they give me 12 back a month. Should I leave this to save my 3 quid a month?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

We will be paying hundreds of millions simply for the pleasure of trading with them after Brexit :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So under 3 quid per person membership fee a week to the biggest club in the world which brings many many times that in benefits. Not bad is it.

Think of it like my bank account where I pay 3 quid a month to join a reward scheme and they give me 12 back a month. Should I leave this to save my 3 quid a month?
It's an appalling arrangement whereby we are and have been, higher net contributers to the budget than France and other richer countries due to the cozy relationship between the French and Germans and the ridiculous CAP.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We will be paying hundreds of millions simply for the pleasure of trading with them after Brexit :facepalm:

As someone said to me "Britains Brexit mess is the best advert for the benefits of the EU there is"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here