Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
And if Brexit goes tits up then the Tories will pay a very heavy price indeed. It's the same thing.

You seem quite a reasonable poster. You don't believe that do you? If Brexit goes tits up then the tories might get slammed in the election but we would still be out of Europe. It is not like legislation can be pushed through in a few months to change things (which can happen after an election).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You seem quite a reasonable poster. You don't believe that do you? If Brexit goes tits up then the tories might get slammed in the election but we would still be out of Europe. It is not like legislation can be pushed through in a few months to change things (which can happen after an election).

We're saddled with things like PPI though that can't be reversed. We're saddled with the privatisation of the railways, of telecommunications, of gas and water. The sale of council houses. None of those, not even the railways, can feasibly ever be reversed.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We're saddled with things like PPI though that can't be reversed. We're saddled with the privatisation of the railways, of telecommunications, of gas and water. The sale of council houses. None of those, not even the railways, can feasibly ever be reversed.

The mists of time make people forget how bad British rail was! They could be nationalised but I don't see why we would want to. Do we miss the blackouts and the constantly delayed trains with no one held accountable (not all are as bad as southern so they could lose franchise).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, no, no. Your analogy is still wrong. The label says 'poison' because the politician wrote those words on there. The same politician who wrote 'the best cure' on the medicine that was previously killing the electorate. The electorate does not trust the politician and for good reason. The politician has an appalling track record in giving different medicines to to the electorate that the politicians swear blind will make everyone feel better but has made the electorate sick.

It's almost as if the politicians aren't as expert in giving the right medicine as the politician would like to think they are. And all because they won't listen to how it makes the patient feel. And to stretch even further this already tenuous analogy, there are different politicians who think that the medicine labelled 'poison' is anything but.

Oh no, it is definitely poison.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If the Brexit negotiations go badly (tits up) I expect most of the hardcore remainers, opposition parties and the EU will lay the blame entirely on the UK Government while they and most leave voters will lay it all on the EU. The truth would be most likely somewhere in the middle but I think I know which position would play better at a General election.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
OhComeOn.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the Brexit negotiations go badly (tits up) I expect most of the hardcore remainers, opposition parties and the EU will lay the blame entirely on the UK Government while they and most leave voters will lay it all on the EU. The truth would be most likely somewhere in the middle but I think I know which position would play better at a General election.

Given the British government and the electorate decided to leave and their opening line in negotiations was to state walking out with no deal will be totally acceptable outcome how could anything be the EU's fault? The EU will seek to serve the interests of the union and those still in it however that might pan out. You've made this mess so don't start blaming others.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Given the British government and the electorate decided to leave and their opening line in negotiations was to state walking out with no deal will be totally acceptable outcome how could anything be the EU's fault? The EU will seek to serve the interests of the union and those still in it however that might pan out. You've made this mess so don't start blaming others.

The EU will do what they think is right for their hundreds of millions of people. Just as we would expect them to have done for us in any negotiations with America, china etc. This was ALWAYS going to be the case.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There was plenty of opportunity for the UK public to make an informed and reasoned decision...............
.......and many, of course, did just that.

................but quite a lot of them did not bother to think but still voted.
.......and as in any election, sadly there will have been some of these too, some voting to remain and some voting to leave.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The EU will do what they think is right for their hundreds of millions of people. Just as we would expect them to have done for us in any negotiations with America, china etc. This was ALWAYS going to be the case.

Agree.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

As you know the UK government's preferred option is to do a deal. You should have 'How could anything be the EU's fault' as your signature. :D

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very, very few leave voters are still believing Brexit is a good idea under the current government. They may still believe in Brexit but very few would now agree that the current situation is the right time for it. And I don't blame them, worst government we've had in my lifetime.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Very, very few leave voters are still believing Brexit is a good idea under the current government. They may still believe in Brexit but very few would now agree that the current situation is the right time for it. And I don't blame them, worst government we've had in my lifetime.

No%20Bregrets-01.png

Attitudes%20to%20Brexit%20scenarios-01.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As you know the UK government's preferred option is to do a deal. You should have 'How could anything be the EU's fault' as your signature. :D

But she did state no deal is okay and an acceptable outcome. Lets see how important Prosecco is :smile:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why would anyone want to fly TO Europe after 2019 ? After all everything will be so wonderful here there will be no need.....

To get some pretty stamps in our new British passports,when we holiday there as usual.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Just proves most Brexiteers are thick. But I've always said that. And I stand by it. A lot of those opinion poll results merely reflect wishful thinking, lack of information and head burying. I bet half of those polled even know what May's "plan" is let alone the details and minutiae of what a Norway or Canada deal is. ****ing idiots.

Last edited:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

I voted to leave. I am very happy with how Brexit is going. I am reasonably happy with the current government.

Please don't speak on my behalf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here