Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not true.

But, why did she make her derisory offer at the EU summit, where Brexit wasn't being discussed, and not at the Brexit talks themselves? Genuine question.

Desperation, Desperation and more Desperation.

Realisation the EU will be fine without us and are enjoying removing things like the EMA whilst Japan chirp up about moving business as well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There will be NO deal as the EU will not relinquish the freedoms,the government should stop bleating on about getting a good deal for the opportunity will not arise to have such a deal and we will subsequently leave the EU which was just what was voted for last June.

Post script- The government are now sounding like remain in reverse,they too should understand the word LEAVE.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
whats the problem with being patriotic, is it a crime ,that's the problem with a section of our society a bunch of limp wristed do gooders , know what I mean :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Broadcasters are there to report news. Facts. There should be no 'patriotic' slant.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
whats the problem with being patriotic
DR

Embarrassed and ashamed of our past present and indeed a future, whilst fully reaping and some would say enjoying the benefits too- perhaps..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's not down to suggestions, but actual offers and acceptance.
The offer that Mrs May made earlier this week falls someway below the EU, its not just about ECJ but the continuing freedom of movement for UK citizens living in the EU and EU citizens living in the UK. If as expected Mrs May withdraws the EU from both the single market and the free movement, then the current UK offer effectively removes the existing EU citizens right to free movement, and could also effectively landlock UK nationals currently living in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/22/theresa-may-match-eu-offer-free-movement-britons-europe

i cant follow the Guardian article (it has no link to the EU offer). if the EU grant British citzens resident in EU (at day of brexit, whatever criteria) free movement rights, thats in their power. they dont have to hold UK citizens to a particular country (as i gather is implied) and can free movement within EU can be granted independently of what arrangemnt UK agrees to for EU citizens here. the UK provides an offer for EU nationals here, and the EU can grant more for UK nationals if they wish.

i think the problem is a distortion of what freedom of movement means. it means you have the same rights in the member countries as residents/citizens, its not about whether you or cannot go to a country - as tourists do. in practice it means right to work and access local services of the state. people retired to europe before 1973, and europeans settled here. many european countries have rules and rights around residency and citizenship, while we are far more open to foreigners residing in our country. cf Russians, Saudis, Indians, etc, etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More than embarrassing, it's a little bit sinister. 'All hail our glorious leader'.

you're just parroting Farron. sinister must have taken on a new meaning, Leadstrom comment seemed more defensive to deflect from the line of questioning.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
yes there should , you can't have left biased media putting down the country ,as I said limp wristed do gooders do no good in the long term
regards
DR

What would you do with a limp wristed do gooder left biased journalist like Emily Maitlis, if you were in Government?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
you're just parroting Farron. sinister must have taken on a new meaning, Leadstrom comment seemed more defensive to deflect from the line of questioning.

John Simpson tweeted this earlier. Is he wrong too?

[tweet]878509937084727296[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What would you do with a limp wristed do gooder left biased journalist like Emily Maitlis, if you were in Government?

I'm guessing from past experience that he'd do absolutely nothing. Just moan and whine that the limp wristed lefties are taking away what's rightfully his :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Get her picking the fruits and veg when we leave the EU? :lolol: over to you PPF sorry for the post hijack MOS.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
what's your point ?
regards
DR

I wasn't making one. I was asking a question on how limp wristed do gooder left biased journalists, like Emily Maitlis, holding the Government to account, should be dealt with if we can't have them doing it if it's putting the country down?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I wasn't making one. I was asking a question on how limp wristed do gooder left biased journalists, like Emily Maitlis, holding the Government to account, should be dealt with if we can't have them doing it if it's putting the country down?

They should just report the news and the facts-i thought that was the job role.....see a few posts back

No patriotic slant and no lefty opinions either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here