Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Remember, the Referendum was advisory. Plus, why should I stop arguing for what I believe in? In a General Election the losing party doesn't just chuck it in. I know it's incredibly annoying for Leavers, but Remainers are not going to go away. By the way, I CAN understand your frustration - if it was round the other way I'd be similarly annoyed by Leavers carrying on their arguments. But that's the beauty of a democracy....

It was an advisory referendum that was always going to be enacted in reality, as you know. The Government made this very clear. Who said you should stop arguing? It's your right to continue to argue your view as it is mine to point out the inherantly undemocratic nature of your position.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Tucked away in a corner of a staunch remain paper is this little snippet. 60% of firms do not fear Brexit and it hasn't changed their investment plans. I'd wager if it was the other way round it would make a full page report

Good grief, are you suggesting that 40 per cent of companies fear Brexit and that it has affected their investment plans? That is even worse than I thought.

PS. I have since looked it up. It's over 40 per cent. Less than one per cent are spending more than they would have done. And you think this is good news?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tucked away in a corner of a staunch remain paper is this little snippet. 60% of firms do not fear Brexit and it hasn't changed their investment plans. I'd wager if it was the other way round it would make a full page report

Poor effort at a Brexshit positive news story

Can anyone find a positive story anywhere in the Sunday papers on the subject??

larus

But is it a fair election if one campaign is heavily based on absolute lies, like Turkey joining the EU and £350 million to the NHS? Just an awful campaign with clueless leaders and a complete absence of facts.

So £350m on the NHS was a lie. It was misleading to say, but the figure of what it is/was costing to be in the EU is true.

However, the real LIES were:
1. WWIII being more likely. Yeah, right.
2. An immediate £30bln budget. Still waiting sunshine.
3. Interest rates to rise - Oh dear Mark 'Incompetent' Carney, couldn't even get that right.
4. House price crash - hmm, as. Much as this would be a good thing for the younger generation, that still hasn't happened either.
5. Recession. Strewth, even that hasn't happened.

And, before all you Remainers spout the usual crap about BREXIT hasn't happened yet, this is what what we were told would happen as soon as we voted to leave. Not when then left.

So, with respect, if you want to talk about the Leave lies, at least address the complete clusterf*ck of BS esposed by the establishment. We still get it now with Mandleson, Clegg and Bliar going on to save their gravy train. They lost. You lost. It's happening and this country will succeed very well outside of that abortion of the EU.

Wait until the EURO collapses - see what happens when the ECB stops buying the debt of Greece, Portugal and Italy. Then you'll be glad we're outside and looking at new opportunities,.

Last edited:

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
We were all told that we should vote remain for our childrens future,so............

One noteworthy reality about Europe’s current political leadership is summarised here by Phil Lawler:

• Macron, the newly elected French president, has no children.

• German chancellor Angela Merkel has no children.

• British prime minister Theresa May has no children.

• Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni has no children.

• Holland’s Mark Rutte,

• Sweden’s Stefan Löfven,

• Luxembourg’s Xavier Bettel,

• Scotland’s Nicola Sturgeon—all have no children.

• Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, has no
children.

"So a grossly disproportionate number of the people making decisions about Europe’s future have no direct personal stake in that future."

Thank god they are not in it for what the trough holds!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We were all told that we should vote remain for our childrens future,so............

One noteworthy reality about Europe’s current political leadership is summarised here by Phil Lawler:

• Macron, the newly elected French president, has no children.

• German chancellor Angela Merkel has no children.

• British prime minister Theresa May has no children.

• Italian prime minister Paolo Gentiloni has no children.

• Holland’s Mark Rutte,

• Sweden’s Stefan Löfven,

• Luxembourg’s Xavier Bettel,

• Scotland’s Nicola Sturgeon—all have no children.

• Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, has no
children.

"So a grossly disproportionate number of the people making decisions about Europe’s future have no direct personal stake in that future."

Thank god they are not in it for what the trough holds!

Rees-Mogg for PM! A true patriot with an unfeasibly high sperm count.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So £350m on the NHS was a lie. It was misleading to say, but the figure of what it is/was costing to be in the EU is true.

However, the real LIES were:
1. WWIII being more likely. Yeah, right.
2. An immediate £30bln budget. Still waiting sunshine.
3. Interest rates to rise - Oh dear Mark 'Incompetent' Carney, couldn't even get that right.
4. House price crash - hmm, as. Much as this would be a good thing for the younger generation, that still hasn't happened either.
5. Recession. Strewth, even that hasn't happened.

And, before all you Remainers spout the usual crap about BREXIT hasn't happened yet, this is what what we were told would happen as soon as we voted to leave. Not when then left.

So, with respect, if you want to talk about the Leave lies, at least address the complete clusterf*ck of BS esposed by the establishment. We still get it now with Mandleson, Clegg and Bliar going on to save their gravy train. They lost. You lost. It's happening and this country will succeed very well outside of that abortion of the EU.

Wait until the EURO collapses - see what happens when the ECB stops buying the debt of Greece, Portugal and Italy. Then you'll be glad we're outside and looking at new opportunities,.

Wow, you should get a job at the Express

UK worst performing economy in the EU 28, 0.2% growth last quarter, house prices falling most since 2009, inflation up, living standards down.

We're leave WWIII is that idiot across the pond

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

UK worst performing economy in the EU 28, 0.2% growth last quarter, house prices falling most since 2009, inflation up, living standards down.

To be fair house prices have outstripped earnings for years so there was always going to be some slowdown. By the way they are still rising but not as fast. So you can't put that on Brexit. Next ??

larus

Wow, you should get a job as an ostrich.
You have chosen to use the initial figures which aren't complete. GDP figures frequently get revised and, more often than not, this is upwards. Remember all of the bed-wetting a few years ago (i hope your sheets have dried BTW) about the double
-dip/triple-dip recession, which turned out not to even be a recession. And, if you really think that Greece, Portugal are doing better then the UK then you are insane. Really - completely barking mad pal.

Regarding Trump and WWIII, I assume that was the fault of Brexit too then?

And I notice you've not been able to disprove any of my comments. We aren't in a recession even if the 0.2% qtr growth is confirmed. I see you haven't commented on the fact that the UK was the fasting growing developed economy last year.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wow, you should get a job as an ostrich.
You have chosen to use the initial figures which aren't complete. GDP figures frequently get revised and, more often than not, this is upwards. Remember all of the bed-wetting a few years ago (i hope your sheets have dried BTW) about the double
-dip/triple-dip recession, which turned out not to even be a recession. And, if you really think that Greece, Portugal are doing better then the UK then you are insane. Really - completely barking mad pal.

Regarding Trump and WWIII, I assume that was the fault of Brexit too then?

And I notice you've not been able to disprove any of my comments. We aren't in a recession even if the 0.2% qtr growth is confirmed. I see you haven't commented on the fact that the UK was the fasting growing developed economy last year.

Fastest growing last year to bottom of the pile in the EU28 and G7, and we haven't even left yet. Great work

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Mmmmm, seems a little odd. I decided to leave the UK for what I perceive to be a great opportunity, to enjoy being with family, to have a milder climate and a chance to do for myself what I had previously done for others work wise.

And whilst I voted against Brexit, and now curse it due to the damage it has done to the exchange rate, and also believe that European civilisation has had its 'zenith' and Asia is rising once more, none of these are reasons as to why I left. I voted positively to go, not leave through negativity, I am surprised that anyone else would either.

As I said, one of the reasons, not all of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure what you are getting at, but it is completely true.
There are lots of reasons why I chose to leave and this is only one of them.

I am not convinced Tony Blair's election victory made any significant difference to your decision to move to the other side of the world. Feel free to provide more detail.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Despite Andrea Leadsom banishing pessimism 12 months ago some 'experts' have gone and written a report about a possible Brexit food situation that's 'unprecedented for an advanced economy outside of wartime' according to the authors. How dare they!

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-uk-food-supply-eu-report-sleepwalking-crisis-2017-7?r=US&IR=T
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-07/uos-unr071417.php
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...to-food-insecurity-after-brexit-academics-say

One of the authors is a University of Sussex Professor no less. Doesn't he know that David Davis has said that Brexit will probably be okay and with Michael Gove at DEFRA that's a done deal. :rolleyes:

Some people......................

D

Deleted member 22389

Despite Andrea Leadsom banishing pessimism 12 months ago some 'experts' have gone and written a report about a possible Brexit food situation that's 'unprecedented for an advanced economy outside of wartime' according to the authors. How dare they!

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-uk-food-supply-eu-report-sleepwalking-crisis-2017-7?r=US&IR=T
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-07/uos-unr071417.php
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...to-food-insecurity-after-brexit-academics-say

One of the authors is a University of Sussex Professor no less. Doesn't he know that David Davis has said that Brexit will probably be okay and with Michael Gove at DEFRA that's a done deal. :rolleyes:

Some people......................

What an absolute load of bolloxs. Scaremongering on max in the press.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here