Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Kim's first post here is absolutely excellent and well written. Non combative and fair. It speaks volumes about you that you treated it with contempt and deliberately ignored the point. You whine that nobody makes valid points and that posters resort to insults too often but when someone does address the issue in a coherent and respectful fashion you resort to your usual vacuous tripe. Once again, your true colours shine through.

Something on your mind Clampy ..........................

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
No point in responding to the comments above from pastafarian - for obvious reasons!

However, I spot more evidence of "Project Fear" - yet another financial institution moving part of its operations to mainland Europe. This time, the largest Japanese bank, MUFG - going to Amsterdam. This follows Standard Chartered, Citigroup & Morgan Stanley going to Frankfurt, HSBC to Paris, and Barclays & Bank of America going to Dublin.

By the way, Brexiteers - this is real.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No point in responding to the comments above from pastafarian - for obvious reasons!

Im very sure you don’t want to respond……for obvious reasons
Was it because you squirm inside when you realised you inadvertently supported drowning immigrants? Maybe its because you realise you are a bit of a bigot believing as you do that generations of born here British are just foreigners in your book..
Or perhaps maybe its simply because you admitted that pretty much every statement from The remain campaign was a lie or partial truth.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

However, I spot more evidence of "Project Fear" - yet another financial institution moving part of its operations to mainland Europe. This time, the largest Japanese bank, MUFG - going to Amsterdam. This follows Standard Chartered, Citigroup & Morgan Stanley going to Frankfurt, HSBC to Paris, and Barclays & Bank of America going to Dublin.

By the way, Brexiteers - this is real.

Absolutely gutting. This is tax revenue down the drain.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They're not too keen on Brexit in The Falklands either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4743230/Even-flag-waving-Falklanders-don-t-want-Brexit.html

Can't call this Project Fear - It's from The Daily Mail website so it's Project Fact.

On the plus side, according to the article.

The only realistic outcome for the sustainability of the Falkland Islands economy is a free trade agreement,’ the written submission states.

Just as well then Michel Barnier has promised to negotiate a free trade agreement

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On the plus side, according to the article.

The only realistic outcome for the sustainability of the Falkland Islands economy is a free trade agreement,’ the written submission states.

Just as well then Michel Barnier has promised to negotiate a free trade agreement

When's that all happening?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Im very sure you don’t want to respond……for obvious reasons
Was it because you squirm inside when you realised you inadvertently supported drowning immigrants? Maybe its because you realise you are a bit of a bigot believing as you do that generations of born here British are just foreigners in your book..
Or perhaps maybe its simply because you admitted that pretty much every statement from The remain campaign was a lie or partial truth.

I don't like speaking for others but maybe the reason he didn't want to reply is because your immigration argument is, and this is me being polite, utterly childish? Maybe it will help your tedious and small mind understand if I ask if you "inadvertently support" the death of Jo Cox?

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ask Mr Barnier, its his promise and he is chief negotiator.......i dont know what timescale he has rattling around in his head :shrug:

It comes after agreeing citizens rights, obligations and liabilities and the Irish border. No problems there then, it's easy - I'm surprised all that hasn't been agreed already.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yep. The Home Office and Government completely ignored that 'expert's' advice on the 13,000 figure and treated it as gospel when he actually made it clear in his 2003 report that the 13,000 figure would be far higher if Germany and other dastardly Johnny Foreigner countries in The EU put restrictions on the A8 Johnny Foreigner countries joining the evil empire that is The EU and we didn't. So you're quite right, it's best not to listen to experts and just make it up as you go along and totally misinterpret things, as The Home Office did back then as obviously everything will probably be alright with Brexit, so long as we don't listen to experts or just ignore them/spin their advice/just write it on the back of a fag packet etc.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or ironic, the A8 issue was a deliberate policy by Blair and his political allies, who in all likelihood knew more than 13k would arrive and then f*ck over the British working class. They are the victims of he policy, and had no influence on it........plus ca change.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ask Mr Barnier, its his promise and he is chief negotiator.......i dont know what timescale he has rattling around in his head :shrug:

He's been very clear about timescales.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Brexiteers promised a land of milk and honey – the reality is gruel and chlorinated chicken" said Anna Soubry

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't like speaking for others but maybe the reason he didn't want to reply is because your immigration argument is, and this is me being polite, utterly childish? Maybe it will help your tedious and small mind if I ask if you "inadvertently support" the death of Jo Cox?

You really want to stoop to that level by bringing in the death of Jo Cox and equating it to the immigration policy of Merkel that led to thousands of drownings........get a grip.
Are you seriously trying to absolve Merkel by bringing Jo Cox into the equation..........that is low by anyone's standards.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Nothing like rewriting history for your own benefit.

At the time there were 5 economic tests put forward by Gordon Brown which would need to be satisfied if the UK was going to join the Euro, But why let history get in the way.

Ha, this story is the re-writing of history. Brown sent a delegation Balls (when he was just an adviser) to Brussels to work out the process of joining, the 5 tests came later. The 5 tests policy was probably his best political decision as it was diametrically opposite to Blair. Which was what the type of position he was always looking for in the Labour Party.

It was popular too so double bubble.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It comes after agreeing citizens rights, obligations and liabilities and the Irish border. No problems there then, it's easy - I'm surprised all that hasn't been agreed already.

I agree the free trade agreement is coming.
tricky days ahead before that no doubt.....but you are right, free trade sunny uplands is just around the corner.

He's been very clear about timescales.

and clear about a free trade agreement too at the end of the process.
Its almost as if some of you hate that idea.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not sure if you are being serious or ironic, the A8 issue was a deliberate policy by Blair and his political allies, who in all likelihood knew more than 13k would arrive and then f*ck over the British working class. They are the victims of he policy, and had no influence on it........plus ca change.

The British working class are going to get f*ked over by the Tory toffs and cranks who duped them into voting for Brexit slightly more than by immigration issues and the failings of The Home Office. Was non-EU immigration all part of this Blair conspiracy to f*ck over the British working class too? It doesn't matter - nothings going to change in the future in regards to immigration numbers.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I agree the free trade agreement is coming.
tricky days ahead before that no doubt.....but you are right, free trade sunny uplands is just around the corner.

I wasn't suggesting that as I don't believe it'll ever get that far unless we make some major concessions and change our negotiating position and strategy from one of basically being Johnny Foreigner has got to do exactly what we want because we're British and better than them and we had an empire etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here