Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't even think we're going to notice a difference there either.

We have to get a similar trade agreement to the one we have now. That will include the free movement of people from within the EU.

I know the 'control our borders' was a message from the leave campaign, but I never believed it. I just don't like the political ideal of the EU or the economics of the Euro.

You may have never believed it, but millions chose to.

So, when Farage's 'increased immigration from the Commonwealth' kicks in, your 'free movement of people from the EU' is maintained, and we continue to be bound by our international responsibilities to take our share of refugees, what exactly will the immigration-obsessed amongst the Leave voters have 'won'?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't even think we're going to notice a difference there either.

We have to get a similar trade agreement to the one we have now. That will include the free movement of people from within the EU.

I know the 'control our borders' was a message from the leave campaign, but I never believed it. I just don't like the political ideal of the EU or the economics of the Euro.

We have to get the best trade deal for the UK and the EU - that's why I started this thread. It's too easy to think the country has voted against Europe as a whole - we really haven't, we've voted against being in the EU.

I'm off to France next week - I think I might pretend I voted IN :)

Agreed.
The only thing that matters now is that we get the best deal for the future from the EU.

Someone needs to focus on getting it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Ultimately and rightly so the people will win the day, I fear the EU is doomed, more shame for those that have driven an agenda of ever greater political union, it was always going to fail as soon as we drifted away from the Common Market, power greedy politicians are getting all fidgety right now as are the people they serve, but the power has now swung back to the people which is a good thing and perhaps just in time to allay any particular civil unrest, let the unravelling begin.

Netherlands (Nexit), Denmark (Dexit), Austria (Aexit) and Sweden (SEXIT!!!!!!!!) all lining up to get leave referenda apparently. Even Italy may go down that path.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
F**k this sh*t

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
As this vote was lost in the Labour heartlands I wonder how much can be traced back to when Gordon Brown called a woman who was a lifelong labour voter a bigot for expressing a genuine concern about immigration,exposing the labour elites contempt for there voters.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That's you trying not to sound "patronising and ill-informed" isn't it? Lovely stuff. As I say, two words that sum you up nicely.

But its you thats not making any sense, your 'contacts' from your European wide firm, have only muttered 'feel sorry for you' ??!!!

Thats unlikely, thats what you want them to say to make those that made a different choice than your own irrelevant, it seems an unlikely conversation, your not telling the truth either that or your staff, customers, suppliers and punters must be a little bit thick.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yup - there are pros to leaving and it's not about thinking voting for Leave was a mistake. It's about how far down the line of potential benefits we actually get to. For me there was more than a smack of the grass being greener to the prospect of leaving. No one expects a panacea but I think the path will be painful
I certainly agree it could be painful, that's why I'm so desperate for strong leaders now to get the best deal.

I understand your point about the grass being greener too. Maybe it won't be, I just feel deep down that the EU is a bad organisation and I didn't think we could change it. We had one chance to leave, and one chance only. Our government aren't the SNP, they didn't want us to leave and they wouldn't have given us the chance again. I felt we had to take it.

The reality is that we are going to leave now so it's time to look forward and try and make the best of it. There's no point sitting back and waiting to crow "I told you so". It may, just may, be OK :)
Yep, we really have to come together now. Forget the bickering, we all now need to fight for the best deal.

Forget Norway's deal, forget Switzerland's deal, we need a deal that's right for the UK, and nothing less will do. It's Texas Hold'em time and I'm all in, it's shit or bust.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You know I wasn't suggesting that, right? I was just joking.

No, I'm just waking up to the fact that we have isolated ourselves from the world and no-one will ever want to do business with us ever again.

As usual it took NSC to make the scales fall from my eyes. :down:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Except that Juncker has thrown his toys out f the pram and said the process of leaving the EU must start IMMEDIATELY! Ya boo sucks to you Brits.
Juncker isn't there forever and at some point needs to be re-elected. The UK leaving the EU is a pretty big black mark against him.

He may even be forced out early.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here