Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
if the commons rejects any agreed deal yes we will simply be OUT OUT.
There will no doubt be a list of how MP`s voted.....you can direct your anger at the ones that said NO.

I will direct my anger at the craven who voted yes

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was a passionate Remainer but I actually agree, today was indeed 'fantastic'. I thought May's approach was positive and realistic and I have a genuine feeling of excitement. I still wish the referendum result was Remain and I have many concerns but the decision was made and now I wish EVERYONE would simply support the PM and say 'how can we help you get the best deal for Britain?'. If that happened then who knows what we could achieve.

A useful reminder that most of the remainer stalwarts that have frequented this thread aren't neccaserily representative of remain voters in general. #together :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And which frigging idiots will vote no? It's unlikely to be the Brexiteers.

A majority in the commons are remainers . . .

And a shit deal won't be supported

What part of 'turkey's voting for Christmas' don't you understand?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Countries who have expressed interest in trade deals so far:

America,
Canada.
Australia.
China.
New Zealand.
That's off the top of my head - there may be others.

Well that's some good news for 2026 or later when these deals are finalised.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Jesus H on a stick. I admire your optimism. We are leaving the EU despite eveyone there having our best interest at heart? The EU will save us? In what way is it in their interest to give us Jack Shit, given that 17 million of us voted to leave them - because they give us jack shit? Sorry, no, we are totally screwed.

I agree with PPF, we voted to leave, so let's leave now, no discussions. Passports, visas, deals on deal by deal basis. Stop the pretence. When you get a divorce you don't get the occasional hot dinner and the occasional shag. Its on yer bike, and good luck, mister.

I am amazed at the wet stupidity of some brexitters. No, Brexit means Brexit so let's get on with it, FFS!!!!

Good lord how many bottles have you had HWt ? :D

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I agree with PPF, we voted to leave, so let's leave now, no discussions. Passports, visas, deals on deal by deal basis. Stop the pretence. When you get a divorce you don't get the occasional hot dinner and the occasional shag. Its on yer bike, and good luck, mister.

I am amazed at the wet stupidity of some brexitters. No, Brexit means Brexit so let's get on with it, FFS!!!!

make your mind up chap, only a few posts ago you were in favour of parliamentary democracy

Do you not subscibe to parliamentary democracy? .

do you want the houses to vote on any future relationship or do you really want us to throw back the keys and simply frack off tomorrow with no future relationship in place

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good lord how many bottles have you had HWt ? :D

Few. Actually, we always muddle through, so I am not particularly concerned. I just wonder whether it was worth bulldozing front of he car just to get the squshed flies off the windscreen . . . .

All the best, mon vieux :wave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
make your mind up chap, only a few posts ago you were in favour of parliamentary democracy

do you want the houses to vote on any future relationship or do you really want us to throw back the keys and simply frack off tomorrow with no future relationship in place

My very simple point was that once the gun is fired, in 2 years we are out, regardless whether parliament, the lords or the amalgamated suporters of the massive sheffield wednesday vote otherwise. Once the gun is fired we have no say. We can only ask, pretty please, can we have some schmeckles before we vanish with no trade deals and a passport controlled border. That, me old matey, is what we face.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My very simple point was that once the gun is fired, in 2 years we are out, regardless whether parliament, the lords or the amalgamated suporters of the massive sheffield wednesday vote otherwise. Once the gun is fired we have no say. We can only ask, pretty please, can we have some schmeckles before we vanish with no trade deals and a passport controlled border. That, me old matey, is what we face.

Well write to the EU with a strongly worded letter and tell them to play nicely.
Im sure they have an office somewhere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you hope that a commons vote is pointless? Do you not subscibe to parliamentary democracy? Since the decision will be made 100% by the EU, I assume you must be a 100% Eurochap. FFS! Do you not see what you have signed up to here? We have surrendered our future to the EU by bailing out, since the EU will dictate ALL TERMS! FFS I am losing my shit, here . . . .

Well, actually the decision to leave is 100% us, following a parliamentary democracy decision to hold a referendum - but I can see you need your sleep soon! It's been a great day!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well write to the EU with a strongly worded letter and tell them to play nicely.
Im sure they have an office somewhere.

Are you asking me to negociate the brexit? I voted remain. The negociations are for you to navigate. Good luck.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, actually the decision to leave is 100% us, following a parliamentary democracy decision to hold a referendum - but I can see you need your sleep soon! It's been a great day!

? Have a good sleep your self. Tomorrow belongs to someone. Hopefully it is us. :cheers:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Are you asking me to negociate the brexit? I voted remain. The negociations are for you to navigate. Good luck.

ill leave it for the gov to negotiate on my behalf thanks (after my successful vote on instructing them).
But you are right, remainers should stay well clear of negotiations esp after some of their views expressed on here.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have to say yesterday was a very good day for Team Brexit.

It just confirmed in plain open language what has been said all along.
We will be leaving The EU, we will be taking back control of our borders, we will no longer have supremacy of The ECJ,
we will be leaving the single market and we will make ourselves free to trade globally as we see fit.

Its not hard or soft brexit .....its just what was voted for on the tin......namely Brexit

It was also a good day for Team UK, apart from people like Fallon who are completely out of touch it was heartening to see
so many remainers saying on social media and newspaper comments and the news that they thought Mays speech was a sound vision
for the future and we should forge ahead and make the best of it.

Perhaps it will be a turning point in the country coming together to make this work for all our benefits.
Lets hope so.
No doubt there are half a dozen people on here who will still wish for utter chaos as they strive to put the spokes into any
way leaving the EU.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

We will be leaving The EU, we will be taking back control of our borders, we will no longer have supremacy of The ECJ,
we will be leaving the single market and we will make ourselves free to trade globally as we see fit.

Its not hard or soft brexit .....its just what was voted for on the tin......namely Brexit

It was also a good day for Team UK, apart from people like Fallon who are completely out of touch it was heartening to see
so many remainers saying on social media and newspaper comments and the news that they thought Mays speech was a sound vision

Perhaps it will be a turning point in the country coming together to make this work for all our benefits.
Lets hope so.
No doubt there are half a dozen people on here who will still wish for utter chaos as they strive to put the spokes into any
way leaving the EU.

Good summing up.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Lets hope so.
way leaving the EU.

As one of the people on here that has supported remain as I think leaving will be catastrophic I can assure you that I so hope I that you are right and I am wrong.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Poor old Teresa May she trying to negotiate with 27 countries and certain politicians are stabbing this country in the back to try and win cheap votes if EU try's to make trade hard for the uk we should not go okay and roll over they need a good deal as much as EU needs it. Teresa should use what ever it takes to get a good deal for the uk and EU.
I did vote to stay but I am a Democrate and except the majority vote that's the way it works.
Roll on Friday when I can get behind the Albion

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just wait until a town council or local mayor in Belgium vetoes the deal [emoji38]ol:

Better off out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here