Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Can just hear the BBC lunchtime news now.(Puts on sneeriest BBC voice) 'Despite Brexit,more fairly good news for the economy,but Camel is sure it won't last'.......

Whilst the figure is welcome in isolation the surge in VAT receipts is heavily heavily driven by the retail boom which is underpinned by increasing personal debt levels. The ability of British consumers to spend more whilst effectively earning less is renowned but do you really think that gravity can be defied for ever?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Whilst the figure is welcome in isolation the surge in VAT receipts is heavily heavily driven by the retail boom which is underpinned by increasing personal debt levels. The ability of British consumers to spend more whilst effectively earning less is renowned but do you really think that gravity can be defied for ever?

When the bubble burst post Brexit it gives a good excuse for why the economy tanked. "This is nothing to do with Brexit and would have happened anyway"

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Brexit or no Brexit we love consumer debt in this country. A perfect storm of this and Brexit isn't going to end well.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

Brexit or no Brexit we love consumer debt in this country. A perfect storm of this and Brexit isn't going to end well.

I don't know why you worry so much. In the grand scale of things Brexit is nothing. Far more important things to think about.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why not? I'd be ****ing ashamed if (as an adult without learning disabilities) I wasn't able to read or write properly.

I would be a lot more ashamed if I had a fetish for Japanese school girls.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Do they have consumer debt in other EU countries?:whistle:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well yes, I recall what I posted.

Where did I suggest that someone saying 'our childrens future is ruined because of Brexit is the same as someone saying they voted for what they thought was in the best interests of future generations'?

As I recall it was you who introduced the concept of futures being ruined - I simply said that I voted for what I thought would be best for my children.

See post #35983. When did I say people voting for what they honestly felt was in their children's interests as grizzling?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
See post #35983. When did I say people voting for what they honestly felt was in their children's interests as grizzling?

Disingenuous.

I was having a two-way conversation with someone about my worries for our children's future when you interjected with your grizzling comments.

Jan 30, 2008
disingenuous.

I was having a two-way conversation with someone about my worries for our children's future when you interjected with your grizzling comments.
have they told you they're worried :rolleyes: they wont know any difference and will probably look back and ask what all the fuss was about:yawn:
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Disingenuous.

Finally the penny drops. The answer is I didn't .. and the conversation was about remainers comments re living and working in the EU .. disingenuous indeed.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Finally the penny drops. The answer is I didn't .. and the conversation was about remainers comments re living and working in the EU .. disingenuous indeed.

Disingenuous indeed. If you think that our children's future lives and their ability to live and work across the EU are discrete subjects then we must disagree.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
But if the principle of freedom of movement and no borders was so wonderful you would advocate it now from non EU nations as well, not just those in your club, its telling none of you do and actually acknowledge the need for borders and the need for control of immigration. Which makes it rather absurd you criticise a section of the country that is doing nothing more than calling for a principle of control you agree with.

But just as I thought, freedom of movement of people to people like you is nothing more than treating people like products, similar to livestock for the betterment of something that is nothing more than a political and economic belief system.
Im not surprised the majority of the planet does not share your freedom of movement vision between nations.

What you are saying is curtailing freedom of movement, improves job prospects, reduces criminality and increases safety against terrorism , cool strawman story

I should have known you would not get it.
What I am trying to tell you is that we have a difference of opinion on where the borders should be, and that your suggestion that any one welcoming freedom of movement within the EU, would logically want to extend that to the world is daft. Me suggesting the protections you think we would gain are best served by controlling movement within the UK, was to highlight that the tighter the controls, the less freedom you have.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can just hear the BBC lunchtime news now.(Puts on sneeriest BBC voice) 'Despite Brexit,more fairly good news for the economy,but Camel is sure it won't last'.......

View attachment 89558

As VAT is 20% on top of what we spend on stuff, rising prices means the Gov gets 20% of a larger figure now, than if we had bought exactly the same amount of stuff last year.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
See we are bending over again. €20,000,000,000. Just for a short transition period. And that's before they insist on long term liabilities are paid. Add, what another say €30,000,000,000. This is an embarrassment for those who pushed for this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here