Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The most telling quote for me from her speech was this:

'I must be clear. Britain wants to remain a good friend and neighbour to Europe. Yet I know there are some voices calling for a punitive deal that punishes Britain and discourages other countries from taking the same path.

That would be an act of calamitous self-harm for the countries of Europe. And it would not be the act of a friend.'

This, with bells on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This guys taken it well:

"May: Go f**k yourself EU but please don't let us down. *whine* *whine*" tweeted Jan Philipp Albrecht, Green MEP for northern Germany.

"Many of the 52 per cent of Brits voting leave clearly believed that they would stay in a common European market. They're f**ked together with the 48 per cent," he added.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Youre either deliberately misreading various posters comments because youve been proved wrong or you genuinely have trouble with comprehension , either way youre looking increasingly stupid.

However I see that you it was you that brought up the military position, but you are unable to understand what a ? signifies.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Even I understand that.

As much as I think we would be far better off economically being in the single market, it clearly is not an option given that the government does not want freedom of movement.

Farron's viewpoint is similar to that of a divorced bloke thinking he can pop round to his ex-missus for a soapy titwank. It ain't gonna happen.
What about a non soapy one ? Even better if your ex wife is konnie huq!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
This guys taken it well:

"May: Go f**k yourself EU but please don't let us down. *whine* *whine*" tweeted Jan Philipp Albrecht, Green MEP for northern Germany.

"Many of the 52 per cent of Brits voting leave clearly believed that they would stay in a common European market. They're f**ked together with the 48 per cent," he added.

"Green MEP" did it for me. Couldn't think of anyone more under-qualified to comment on, well anything really.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Not the position I want us to be in but it is fairly obvious May wasn't going to accept Freedom of Movement so we would have to leave the Single Market.

Kind of agree with her about the EU not pressing for a punitive deal but trade deals do take a long time.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
This guys taken it well:

sounds a thoroughly decent chap, maybe he can join forces with farron

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The FTSE 100 is DOWN 1.05% to 7,250.05 (about 1.1% below it's all time high) and the FTSE 250 is DOWN 0.41% at 18,233.55

OMG Armageddon has arrived or, alternatively, buy on the dip.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Delivery will be key but hard to see what else she could've said at this point? She cannot say we've changed our mind. Knowing the drivers for the out vote she cannot stay in the single market, what else could they have said really?
Well, there were several posters on here arguing that Brexit meant staying in the single market and retaining free movement of people, even though it was obvious to most that free movement of people was a non-starter.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This guys taken it well:

Haha, while watching the speech I said I could imagine MEPs all over Europe throwing things at the TV.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where's the 2nd 'a' in Tim Farron. Not another failure on your part?

Picking him up on his error and asking a question. You've truly flummoxed him!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well,now we just need the Wiggies to wake up from their winter slumbers,sorry,I should have said our much admired senior judiciary to rule in their deliberations on the Gina Miller case.Then once they've confirmed their retirement,the government can get on with the repeal of the'72 European Communities Act,and we're out-job jobbed!:cheers:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Where's the 2nd 'a' in Tim Farron. Not another failure on your part?

Tim A Farron sounds very modern.I've already decided on what I think the A stands for,but it's pre-watershed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here