Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Christ this thread has turned into a cesspit, a great analogy of what the country will become.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You're trying much too hard to be clever. If someone feels shame when their country goes in a direction that brings undeserved hardship to people from other places it doesn't mean they feel responsible for the hardship - they might even have done their best to avoid it. They are simply sad at what is being done in their name - or ashamed if you prefer.

In this context shame is the mirror image of pride - I feel pride in my country when it does good things, just as I feel pride in the Albion when it does the same. I am in no way responsible for those things either.

I'll try not to let it happen again. Still gobsmacked you read so much into that anonymous comment though.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
And what do the European Court of Auditors do?

Sitting on their arse all day long because they most certainly are not auditing the EU.
"European court of Auditors" .the name alone sounds iffy, wouldn't be surprised one bit to find that they are on the EU's payroll.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
They are audited every year

Being that there is so much crap of late being circulated around the net it appears blatantly obvious that this is a last minute attempt to cover the whole thing up,
For years now the EU has been notorious for dodging investigations, suddenly now when the spotlight is on them all sorts of made up shite is being circulated.
On one i read earlier (which reckons itself to be an independent source yet i beg to differ) claimed when referring to the auditors assessment ... error is not always the same as fraud or waste:ohmy:..yeh like f*ck and i was born yesterday:facepalm:: forgive my french but who the f*ck do these people think they are..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You really are stupid.

Yoy stated that you only quoted from the paper with no spin.

That us nothing other than a lie given yoy added the part apart gloomy headlines.

You were asked a direct question about yoyr comments which were not a direct quote from the report.

You have yet to answer that question.

The folliw up question was not asking where your quote came from but where in the report are your additional comments given that you had previously stated you only quoted from the paper.

I accept yoy are hindered by your inability to grasp and understand written words. So have another attempt at answering the question.

In English. I was responding, you do your normal trick of asking a question when you have messed up. I am not on here to continuously answer your questions and be at your beck and call. In your haste to post your reply is riddled with errors. Looks like you are the "stupid" one, your uni time was wasted.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In English. I was responding, you do your normal trick of asking a question when you have messed up. I am not on here to continuously answer your questions and be at your beck and call. In your haste to post your reply is riddled with errors. Looks like you are the "stupid" one, your uni time was wasted.

As per normal you are completely wrong and are just trying to deflect away from the fact that you failed to understand what was written. The question was asked before you made yourself look silly by not understanding what was written.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As per normal you are completely wrong and are just trying to deflect away from the fact that you failed to understand what was written. The question was asked before you made yourself look silly by not understanding what was written.

You could not see the quote in the Guardian, that is why you asked. Anyway off to work, I expect you will spend the day on here. Try to make your posts readable not laughable.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You could not see the quote in the Guardian, that is why you asked. Anyway off to work, I expect you will spend the day on here. Try to make your posts readable not laughable.

FFS YES I COULD.

YOU ARE JUST MAD MAKING UP THINGS THAT ARE SO WRONG.

And to think leavers get upset when the demographics of the referendum are mentioned although some do their best to justify the demographics

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
FFS YES I COULD.

YOU ARE JUST MAD MAKING UP THINGS THAT ARE SO WRONG.

And to think leavers get upset when the demographics of the referendum are mentioned although some do their best to justify the demographics

Ok again, you asked "amongst the gloomy headline.' is not spin and where is it in the paper?". I showed you where it was in the paper.
I purposely did not respond to your posts last night, but you kept butting in on mine when they were responding to others. Those who voted Leave are not on here just to answer endless questions, we can have our opinions as well.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
makes no difference at all£you were quite capable of reading it/unless you are a bit dim#
i understand Why some remoaners feel the need to turn some posts into a written English exam though?
Its that liberal sneering. Snottiness that only they know best shinning through.

You tried to be humorous. I responded in kind. Just for the record, I feel superior to no one. I don't mind if people don't know how to spell or write clearly - there are lots of things I can't do - but I do think it's a shame when they seem proud of the fact they can't be arsed.

By the way, for you to accuse people of sneering is breathtaking.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

This was the report in full - https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201617/ldselect/ldeucom/135/13502.htm

Following on The Foreign Affairs Select Committee Report on the no deal scenario earlier in the month - https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201617/cmselect/cmfaff/1077/1077.pdf

Yet despite no deal being better than a bad deal, no contingency planning has been done on such a scenario.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
probably be ok though.

You're probably right.

As much as some people like to continuously focus on worst case scenarios there is little point in endless speculation about what any deal will look like or if there will even be one. I fully understand these people always knew Brexit would prove disastrous but are a tad disappointed numerous project fear predictions about the immediate aftermath of the vote have failed to materialise. There was a time when triggering article 50 was supposedly the next calamitous event but it seems the actual point of leaving is now the favoured area to go big on armageddon.

Of course if we 'crash out' in 2019, planes grounded, millions of Eu citizens expelled, punitive tariffs as far as the eye can see, a mass exodus from the City etc then you can all fill your boots saying I told you so. But if we leave with a deal or partial deal or transitional arrangements that leaves us relatively unscathed would you all mind ceasing the tedious negativity.

Many thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here