Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now BAE cutting 2k jobs. When will the Brexitears admit they really f*cked up?

On top the Bombardier jobs. Real high value jobs which the government are just pissing away now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nothing at all? .. nice to see this thread is back with a flurry of misinformed hysterical bed-wetting though. Deja vu :D

We really must get away from calling all those concerned about the economy bedwetters as much as we need to move away from labeling all those that wanted to leave racists.

What we know is that’s it’s not going very well and the current set of leaders are far from strong and stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing at all? .. nice to see this thread is back with a flurry of misinformed hysterical bed-wetting though. Deja vu :D

Here's a question which you'll no doubt swerve. What are the government doing well?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I have only just come across this from one of the main leave voices. Is this a parody or something? http://peterjnorth.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/i-dont-like-this-brexit-but-i-will-live.html?m=1

He's for real, although that's just his blog. He's involved with this which states today no deal is where we're heading - http://eureferendum.com/default.aspx

Long time critics of the Government's Brexit approach, they wrote a pretty comprehensive report here stating that no deal and WTO would be perilous for all concerned a while back - http://www.eureferendum.com/documents/flexcit.pdf

The fact our negotiation team are reported as being N/A for tomorrow, losing 25% of the time available for this round of talks, perhaps back their view up on no deal now happening - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...iations-eu-michel-barnier-delay-a7992751.html

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have only just come across this from one of the main leave voices. Is this a parody or something? http://peterjnorth.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/i-dont-like-this-brexit-but-i-will-live.html?m=1

I don’t think it is. He’s a Brexiter who thinks the Tories are still pursuing policies based on what is good for the careers and personalities of politicians in the Tory party rather than the country. And he’d be right.

If we are to do this Brexit properly - and I voted Remain - we need a saner and less selfish lot than May and her uncontrollable narcissistics.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
https://twitter.com/petenorth303/status/917504922584780800

Read the thread. Couldn’t accuse this guy of being a remoaner and yet all he sees is doom and gloom.

Not surprising really. I wrote on this thread a couple of months ago that I didn't think Brexit would happen. The EU has all 28 countries by the balls, all tied up in so much legislation that it's impossible to leave. Maybe with a decade of planning and a government who aren't total f**kwits it might just be doable, but we don't have either of those.

The EU will give us extended membership when the period is up and the Brexit can will be kicked down the road until a pro-EU government is voted in to cancel the whole thing and sign over more powers to say sorry.

That's my prediction, and I think in the long run it will all end in tears.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don’t think it is. He’s a Brexiter who thinks the Tories are still pursuing policies based on what is good for the careers and personalities of politicians in the Tory party rather than the country. And he’d be right.

If we are to do this Brexit properly - and I voted Remain - we need a saner and less selfish lot than May and her uncontrollable narcissistics.

The same could be said about the EU too.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I doubt this has as much to do with Brexit as the Typhoon being a crap aircraft, which isn't selling at all well.

Genuine question - is that right. I used to work many years ago in an admin/management role for Smiths Industries, who supply stuff for BAE, so I am genuinely interested.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

The guy is not a main Leave voice but it doesn’t seem to stop you claiming he is and posting a link from him each month.

The guy is a loon, he has set himself up as a one man band (with the help of his dad) Leave organisation, he wrote a paper on how Brexit should proceed months and months ago based on an unworkable Norway model, he obviously put a lot of time and effort into it but it was widely ridiculed as a bit hat stand. He now spends his whole time twitter trolling and attacking people on blogs who disagree with his opinion, and it’s a sort of stalky relentless type of attacking. He has a special hate for any gov position on Brexit but lays into “lefties” with equal vigour.
I suggest you give him a massive swerve, unless you enjoy reading online meltdowns.
He is no more of a main Leave voice as Eddie Izzard is the voice of Remain. Although I must admit I would like to see the two of them hammer out a debate in a padded cell.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nothing, but it wont stop the desperate claiming it is

You haven't been listening. Now pay attention:

1. If it's going wrong or bad news, it's BREXIT's fault.
2. If it's a success or doing OK, it's despite BREXIT.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why you bothering trying to negotiate an exit deal then? Why not walk now?

Interesting question in the Q & A debate to the PM that followed her statement yesterday.

Vicky Ford (Chelmsford) (Con)
I thank the Prime Minister for the positive tone of her Florence speech, and for the constructive meetings that have taken place since then. Does she agree that it is in the interests of consumers on both sides of the channel for us to have a deep, special and bespoke partnership that covers goods and services? In that regard, I am thinking particularly of the hundreds and thousands of German consumers who have bought life insurance products from British insurance companies, and who will find that unless there is agreement, their pension plan savings are lost.

The Prime Minister
My hon. Friend has made an important point. People often assume that only UK businesses and UK individuals will be affected, but actually people living in the remaining 27 countries of the European Union will also be affected, which is precisely why I think that the deep and special partnership to which my hon. Friend has referred is in the interests of both sides.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commo...4B76-847A-0F8AFE4CD5F9/UKPlansForLeavingTheEU

Do you really think we should pull out now and not negotiate the arrangements for our withdrawal, taking into consideration the framework for our future relationship (as laid out in Article 50) ?
Im thinking maybe the Germans in the equation mentioned in the question are sort of hoping these sort of technicalities, outside of a future trade deal framework are negotiated and concluded.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting question in the Q & A debate to the PM that followed her statement yesterday.

Vicky Ford (Chelmsford) (Con)
I thank the Prime Minister for the positive tone of her Florence speech, and for the constructive meetings that have taken place since then. Does she agree that it is in the interests of consumers on both sides of the channel for us to have a deep, special and bespoke partnership that covers goods and services? In that regard, I am thinking particularly of the hundreds and thousands of German consumers who have bought life insurance products from British insurance companies, and who will find that unless there is agreement, their pension plan savings are lost.

The Prime Minister
My hon. Friend has made an important point. People often assume that only UK businesses and UK individuals will be affected, but actually people living in the remaining 27 countries of the European Union will also be affected, which is precisely why I think that the deep and special partnership to which my hon. Friend has referred is in the interests of both sides.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commo...4B76-847A-0F8AFE4CD5F9/UKPlansForLeavingTheEU

Do you really think we should pull out now and not negotiate the arrangements for our withdrawal, taking into consideration the framework for our future relationship (as laid out in Article 50) ?
Im thinking maybe the Germans in the equation mentioned in the question are sort of hoping these sort of technicalities, outside of a future trade deal framework are negotiated and concluded.

Given the British governments total and utter cluelessness I'm coming round to the idea that it might be in everyone's best interest to just spilt now. If the Germans can bail out an entire nation I'm sure they can prop up a few pension plans. Get over it, you won.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Now BAE cutting 2k jobs. When will the Brexitears admit they really f*cked up?

In better times perhaps the government would have been able to find a way to avoid this, but when you're preparing for a cliff edge you keep your power dry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here