Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
To practical issues.

Off to Barnsley shortly and it’s important to get the preparations right. The locals are just as intelligent as everyone else but the stats show that they are a bit less healthy, a bit less happy, a bit more unemployed and a bit less educated than average. They’ve attracted a disproportionate amount of EU investment but have a fraction of the average number of immigrants from other EU countries. Immigration is not an issue - over 96% of residents are UK-born.

The problem is that they appear to love UKIP and hate the EU so much that South Yorkshire police had to tell Remain supporters to stop campaigning before the referendum - the levels of threatened and actual violence against them meant that they couldn’t guarantee their safety.

I’ve bought some tiny St George’s flags to stick over the ‘vile’ EU symbol on the number plate and I’ll avoid having any Albion branding about my person - it might reveal that I come from one of Britain’s strongly Remain-supporting and pro-European cities. I’ve perfected my Lincolnshire accent in case I have to speak in public. Someone gave me a ‘Make America Great Again’ bumper sticker. Would that help?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And asking what remainers would say to their kids if Le pen gets elected and the Euro collapses wasn't sanctimonious?
I replied to the question posed, with a broad statement because I did not vote on one or two issues, and I doubt the possibility of Le Pen winning the French elections played a part in anyone's decision. I didn't start down the path of what to say to future generations if/when things go Pete Tong, I just followed JCFG.

If we're playing the game of 'he started it' See #26855. I was indirectly responding to that post which would better fit the sanctimonious tag!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson added: "I urge the British people to rise up and turn off the TV next time Blair comes on with his condescending campaign."

:) :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
To practical issues.

Off to Barnsley shortly and it’s important to get the preparations right. The locals are just as intelligent as everyone else but the stats show that they are a bit less healthy, a bit less happy, a bit more unemployed and a bit less educated than average. They’ve attracted a disproportionate amount of EU investment but have a fraction of the average number of immigrants from other EU countries. Immigration is not an issue - over 96% of residents are UK-born.

The problem is that they appear to love UKIP and hate the EU so much that South Yorkshire police had to tell Remain supporters to stop campaigning before the referendum - the levels of threatened and actual violence against them meant that they couldn’t guarantee their safety.

I’ve bought some tiny St George’s flags to stick over the ‘vile’ EU symbol on the number plate and I’ll avoid having any Albion branding about my person - it might reveal that I come from one of Britain’s strongly Remain-supporting and pro-European cities. I’ve perfected my Lincolnshire accent in case I have to speak in public. Someone gave me a ‘Make America Great Again’ bumper sticker. Would that help?

They have what's known as the Barnsley chop, maybe you should get rid of your Lincoln chip before going.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You've lost me completely. I've no idea where you've got that idea from because it certainly wasn't from anything I wrote.

You say I am coming across as sanctimonious because I am certain my Vote for remain was the right thing to do, for future generations.
If JCFG is not coming across as sanctimonious, logic would imply that somehow you think he is not certain his Vote was the right thing to do, for future generations.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You say I am coming across as sanctimonious because I am certain my Vote for remain was the right thing to do, for future generations.
If JCFG is not coming across as sanctimonious, logic would imply that somehow you think he is not certain his Vote was the right thing to do, for future generations.
Your logic is wrong and you've completely misunderstood me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this is also what a lot of tories said at the time
not now though,May,Boris,ect but now is the best thing since sliced bread one thing you can say about JC he says what he means

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Lincoln voted 57% leave, two-thirds of Lincolnshire residents did the same and the sausage is delicious. :D

Er, yes, that's why I intend to deploy my Lincolnshire voice when talking to anyone I don't know in Barnsley.

You're right about the sausages though. Odlins in Navenby is the place to go if you're ever passing. Haslett too, and pork pies to give Melton Mowbray a run for its money.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Er, yes, that's why I intend to deploy my Lincolnshire voice when talking to anyone I don't know in Barnsley.

You're right about the sausages though. Odlins in Navenby is the place to go if you're ever passing. Haslett too, and pork pies to give Melton Mowbray a run for its money.

Thanks for the info, driving up the A1 tomorrow so may have time to sample some of their delicacies.

D

Deleted member 22389

If we start building lots of houses then it might, was the EU stopping us building? Do we not rely on a large immigrant contingent in construction?

My brother in law is an electrician, he said the standard of work is appalling and wonders how some of them get on site in the first place. We know why, they are cheaper.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
B.Liar seems to be getting even more delusional, should such a thing be possible. Fortunately, he now has zero credibility, and is roughly the political equivalent of Mad Cat Lady.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
came here to have a knock at Blair, then saw the anti-immigration mob and cant be arsed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
on a brighter note UKIP to WIN Stoke central ?
regards
DR

Odds 6/4 for UKIP to win, reminds me a lot of pre-Trump & Brexit odds.

Parts of UKIP voted 88% Brexit, looks like some value there to me. I'm not sure the Hillsboro thing has really dented his chances that much.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Blair is a walking talking scandal. Up to his knees in cash shamelessly garnered on the back of his term in office and more recently, 'consulting' to shady regimes that are completely at odds with what the Labour Party stands for - or at least what it once stood for.

I doubt Brexit could have wheeled out a more compelling example of the snout in trough, gravy train riding and rampant cronyism of the EU political class than him.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blair is a walking talking scandal. Up to his knees in cash shamelessly garnered on the back of his term in office and more recently, 'consulting' to shady regimes that are completely at odds with what the Labour Party stands for - or at least what it once stood for.

I doubt Brexit could have wheeled out a more compelling example of the snout in trough, gravy train riding and rampant cronyism of the EU political class than him.

If I was leading Open Britain I'd steer clear of Blair, too toxic

Think Cameron's legacy in time will be worse if we continue with the Brexit at any cost strategy. Divorce alone will be at conservatively £1000 per tax payer, without consequential losses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here