Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Maybe we should have another referendum just to make sure we made the right decision, only this time allow the kids from 13 to 18 have a go after all it is their future we have decided on more than anyone's.

Yeah just carry on until you get the result you want. It's what the EU do!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The Global economy, that Little Britain is part of, is strongly influenced by China.

So will that not effect the rest of the world and Europe as well ? Personally i do not think we are that exposed to china ,no more than any other western country.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Most commentators when interviewed now admit that their Brexit predictions were so spectacularly wrong they seem a little embarrassed to have another go. I think a few on here need to take notice of them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
and the European Commission revises its estimate for Britain's economic growth in 2017 up from 1% to 1.5%.

Armageddon postponed again?
You forgot to add that inflation is expected to grow to 2% + to offset that...still, if I can still afford it, at least I will be able to buy butter in 8oz packs again!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Most commentators when interviewed now admit that their Brexit predictions were so spectacularly wrong they seem a little embarrassed to have another go. I think a few on here need to take notice of them.

They really don't do they because, as we all know but bizarrely fail to recognise, Brexit has not actually happened yet.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They really don't do they because, as we all know but bizarrely fail to recognise, Brexit has not actually happened yet.
Just thought id ask again as you seem to be missing the question , john terry got found not guilty in a court of law , so that makes him not guilty in your view, no question , yes ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Global economy, that Little Britain is part of, is strongly influenced by China.

So will that not effect the rest of the world and Europe as well ? Personally i do not think we are that exposed to china ,no more than any other western country.

It's the global world economy that is exposed. Whatever political affiliation we have we are part of the global economy.
China's influence can be seen by comparing their population to ours. 1,400,000,000 to our 60,000,000.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Yes I would agree but these predictions were for the immediate post Brexit vote result and not two years time. It now appears the remain strategy goalposts have now extended to cover maybe a 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 whatever year period until they are proved correct

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As everything is so rosy in the garden and our economy is powering ahead, maybe we should have a one off levy to pay for the Brexit divorce.

Insteading of borrowing more, a couple of percent on income tax or VAT for a few years should take care of it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes I would agree but these predictions were for the immediate post Brexit vote result and not two years time. It now appears the remain strategy goalposts have now extended to cover maybe a 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 whatever year period until they are proved correct
No worse than the Brexit fantasy of Golden Times ahead after we exit... Of course no one knows if, when and how this will manifest itself.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Considering the treasury, B of E, IMF, OECD, numerous economists got their predictions about the aftermath of the vote so horribly wrong it makes you wonder how accurate their longer range forecasts are likely to be considering they had no idea what type of Brexit deal we will secure (and still don't). Didn't know Trump would be in the Whitehouse, don't know if the Italian Banking crisis will trigger a further Eurozone meltdown before we leave, didn't know who will be leading France and Germany etc etc.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Anyone who likes Sonos products, and I know from other threads that there are a few on here, might like to do any planned additions to their systems in the next few days. I've just had an email from Sonos drawing my attention to the imminent price increases as a result of the exchange rate fall following the referendum.
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4252

I know that some UK exporters will benefit from this, but those of us who purchase goods sourced overseas, or goods with components sourced overseas definitely won't. And that's before any possible tariff barriers go up with some of our current trading partners....

Sometimes I forget what a crazy, unnecessary act of punch-yourself-in-the-face self-harm Brexit is. Then I wake up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here