Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
7cc1984b3cdad8a9747eece5cc7f6245.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

I know Brighton is a bit of a backwater,but I think your newsfeed could do with a change.This was news in January everywhere else,and is sod-all to do with Brexit.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I know Brighton is a bit of a backwater,but I think your newsfeed could do with a change.This was news in January everywhere else,and is sod-all to do with Brexit.
Calm down, I couldn't be arsed to find the election thread

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Here's a Brexit Friday caption contest;

mad.jpg

I will start with 'Barmier meets Barmiest'

D

Deleted member 22389

More bullshit to scare the hell out of people. It's a private doctors. What this has to do with Brexit I don't know, however if I had the money I would go private too, just like people send their kids to private school.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
mad.jpg

Two Savoy cabbages

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Im fairly certain your wish of visa controls on everyone including holiday makers and business men does not fit into your belief that this constitutes free movement of people.
Its sort of the opposite

But that's what those who voted leave were voting for and I can see the only way to institute such a system while keeping tarif free trade with the EU. Is with a big brother state how else can the UK control borders it would need to know who is here where they are at any time are they contributing and if not a means of deportation, it's not what I voted for but I cannot see how else we can leave the EU while keeping tarif free access

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well,it's quiet on here,so let's try a quiz.What does this league table represent?
wellimblowed.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But that's what those who voted leave were voting for and I can see the only way to institute such a system while keeping tarif free trade with the EU. Is with a big brother state how else can the UK control borders it would need to know who is here where they are at any time are they contributing and if not a means of deportation, it's not what I voted for but I cannot see how else we can leave the EU while keeping tarif free access

I wouldn't worry - The Home Office will never be able to cope with whatever's proposed to control our borders. Under free movement rules currently, people can be deported after 3 months and aren't in The UK because due to lack of resources, so not much will will change in the future.

I also read today The Home Office has 'lost' 16,000 foreign students on visas who've dropped out of or been kicked off courses. Never mind, I'm sure they'll turn up eventually...........................

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wouldn't worry - The Home Office will never be able to cope with whatever's proposed to control our borders. Under free movement rules currently, people can be deported after 3 months and aren't in The UK because due to lack of resources, so not much will will change in the future.

I also read today The Home Office has 'lost' 16,000 foreign students on visas who've dropped out of or been kicked off courses. Never mind, I'm sure they'll turn up eventually...........................[/QUOTE]

On a zero hours contract somewhere...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The thing with Brexit is we tend to only read and talk to those who share same or similar views it's a form of self validation so reading the Times will have one view while the Guardian is likley to have the opposite, listening to the Government official ish line v the oppositions official ish line, none of these sources is showing the whole picture but a tilted view based on their own and their target audience we in turn read or listers to this as its saying roughly what we want to hear self validation

My view is I am unsure if joining the Common Market was the correct move at the time and if I had been able to vote then may well have voted not to join but we did and I went on to witness problems and benefits from membership of the Common Market and on reflection I think we benifited from membership.

The Common Market over the years evolved into the EU, Monetary Union and then Expansion all these events passed via treaty's with no specific referendums.

At the time I agreed with Common Market becoming the EU and for the massive expansion particularly after the fall of the Soviet block when it was essential to gather the newly freed countries into the democratic fold Inhind sight this was completed to hastily.

I was less warm regarding Monetary Union but having survived near total collapse and if the Euro banks can improve their resilience and some countries still have work to do on this then I now think the Euro has a future.

So we had a referendum we voted narrowly to leave I voted remain and on balance I think my view is still correct but we are coming out and need to make the most of it.

I hope the negotiations can evolve from bickering into substantive talks with a view to achieving a win win,

In my view we need tarif free access to the EU markets as the EU does to ours.
We need the position sorted regarding the 2.5 EU nationals livening the UK and the 2 UK nationals living in other parts of the EU.
To achieve this it needs the free movement of people and goods.
However we must have control of our boarders allowing those that do come to travel freely but not remain unless they have work to come to and pay taxes.
To achieve this we need To record and then monitor all those that come to ensure they leave at the appropriate time each visitor will need a visa for holiday, buissness or work with time limits all those coming for work will need a sponcership and would be issued with an National Insurance number.

My preference would have been that we voted remain but we did not so we have to try and achieve the best outcome without loosing all the benefits

True in many cases but I have friends and family who voted Remain (mostly reluctantly). The Times and Guardian are both Remain papers,so spin stories to suit that agenda. Saying that The Guardian is probably worse because of it's political stance.

Agree with some of what you say especially making the most of the opportunities and limiting any negative impacts on trade/the economy. Without underming the wishes of the Majority obviously. The UK side is not interested in increasing trade barriers and costs hopefully the EU will see sense and adopt a similar attitude.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
True in many cases but I have friends and family who voted Remain (mostly reluctantly). The Times and Guardian are both Remain papers,so spin stories to suit that agenda. Saying that The Guardian is probably worse because of it's political stance.

Agree with some of what you say especially making the most of the opportunities and limiting any negative impacts on trade/the economy. Without underming the wishes of the Majority obviously. The UK side is not interested in increasing trade barriers and costs hopefully the EU will see sense and adopt a similar attitude.

The Daily( Hate )Mail is far worse.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see the EU might ask Cornwall for it's funding back.They have re-calculated their sums and found out they've been getting funding they are not qualified for.Perhaps the EU might give it back to us taxpayers then (where it came from in the first place!).

Happy for the EU to spend my tax in poorer regions of Europe. Better than May deciding where it goes. She'd probably spend it leading a cavalry charge into a volcano. Daft bint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here