Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The past few pages of this thread have been depressing and illuminating. What a fractured country we seem to live in.

Unfortunately thats where we seem to be right now. Although some months ago Mrs May said we should all come together now and a start eoukd be to drop the 'Remoaners' tag this has fallen on deaf ears. It wouldn't be so bad if it was jyst Remainers.

As you say the last few pages have been fun with arguments over which side started the violence on a march.

I have always worked on the basis that if you want trouble you can find it and if you want to avoid it you usually can.

It didn't surprise me that a UKIP voter had attended a MFE event.

Given the last few pages I wonder uf its even worth mentioning the Mayor if London's comments today on the banks and the probable move away.

However given all this doom and gloom I had to chuckle with the suggestion that a visit by an Army PR team to Cheltenham was going to bring about a huge increase in trade with the Commonwealth.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Unfortunately thats where we seem to be right now. Although some months ago Mrs May said we should all come together now and a start eoukd be to drop the 'Remoaners' tag this has fallen on deaf ears. It wouldn't be so bad if it was jyst Remainers. [The sentences makes no sense]

As you say the last few pages have been fun with arguments over which side started the violence on a march.

I have always worked on the basis that if you want trouble you can find it and if you want to avoid it you usually can.

Given the last few pages I wonder uf its even worth mentioning the Mayor if London's comments today on the banks and the probable move away. [This sentence makes no sense]

However given all this doom and gloom I had to chuckle with the suggestion that a visit by an Army PR team to Cheltenham was going to bring about a huge increase in trade with the Commonwealth.

Had a few beers?!

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I take it that is another dig at me. Well for your information, when that event took place, you know the family one, you know the one the families, Ghurkas etc got abuse, well anyway, as you might be aware that was nigh on 10 years ago.......... and i was not a supporter of UKIP then.
So that blows your snide dig out of the water eh.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Gatwick is predominantly used for European destinations, when these flights to and from Europe end after brexit and Gatwick closes, do you think they will turn the land into much needed housing or do you see an alternative use for the site?

I suspect that it will be used as an airport again at some point in the future, perhaps it may be up and running again in just a couple of weeks, if we sign a quick shitty deal with the EU.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

StudioFakeNews at it again I see.
You really are incapable of reading what is staring you right in the face.
No one has suggested an Army PR team was going to bring about a huge increase in trade with the Commonwealth, you have invented that.
And it wasn’t even Cheltenham that was written…. it was Chippenham ......:ffsparr:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
StudioFakeNews at it again I see.
You really are incapable of reading what is staring you right in the face.
No one has suggested an Army PR team was going to bring about a huge increase in trade with the Commonwealth, you have invented that.
And it wasn’t even Cheltenham that was written…. it was Chippenham ......:ffsparr:

It was a little dig at me..again, i put up the Army piece. Unfortunately, as usual his digit was quicker than his brain. Oh and he must also have partaken in a few scoops of the falling down water.
In other words the plum is p1ssed :smile:

Cheltenham, he's not at the races :lolol:

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I suspect that it will be used as an airport again at some point in the future, perhaps it may be up and running again in just a couple of weeks, if we sign a quick shitty deal with the EU.

Im looking forward to that bit on the News,telling us how millions of remainers are not booking their next summer holiday flights to Europe but booking up the ferry and driving to their European holiday destination instead as an added precaution of the possible closure of our airports.........who do you think will break it first Sky, BBC or Jackanory?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I take it that is another dig at me. Well for your information, when that event took place, you know the family one, you know the one the families, Ghurkas etc got abuse, well anyway, as you might be aware that was nigh on 10 years ago.......... and i was not a supporter of UKIP then.

I make no bones about the fact that i attended every march and voted UKIP.. proud as well..
If anyone has a problem with that it;s their own tough luck.:wink: not about to change for anyone.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Believe what you like its your opinion but as usual your opinion is wide of the mark.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The past few pages of this thread have been depressing and illuminating. What a fractured country we seem to live in.

Chin up. The extremist loons on either side of the debate who want to kick out all the foreigners or block/reverse the referendum result are just a very small minority. Most people are just getting on with their lives and have more important things to worry about.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Chin up. The extremist loons on either side of the debate who want to kick out all the foreigners or block/reverse the referendum result are just a very small minority. Most people are just getting on with their lives and have more important things to worry about.

I don't know anyone who wants to kick out all foreigners and that goes for the brexiteers on here as well..

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Im looking forward to that bit on the News,telling us how millions of remainers are not booking their next summer holiday flights to Europe but booking up the ferry and driving to their European holiday destination instead as an added precaution of the possible closure of our airports.........who do you think will break it first Sky, BBC or Jackanory?

If you think that leaving the EU without a deal or agreement of any kind in place, is a possibility, then it is a possibility there will be no flights between the UK and any EU destination, until such a time as an agreement is reached.
I don't think the ferry will help, we probably won't have any right of entry as non EU citizens either.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
If you think that leaving the EU without a deal or agreement of any kind in place, is a possibility, then it is a possibility there will be no flights between the UK and any EU destination, until such a time as an agreement is reached.
I don't think the ferry will help, we probably won't have any right of entry as non EU citizens either.

:lolol:
Surely you are joking ? :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here