View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
406. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

268 66.01%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

138 33.99%
Page 3621 of 3621 FirstFirst ... 262131213521357136113618361936203621
Results 36,201 to 36,208 of 36208

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regardless of whether you agree or disagree about leaving, how else were we meant to leave without triggering Article 50 ?
    My point is - if you WERE intent on leaving, then at least (a) work out your negotiating position first, and (b) put everything in place to enable that strategy to be implemented. For example, if you decided that Leave meant also leaving the Customs Union, ensure you'd got a solution for Northern Ireland, put all the IT systems in place, etc. It is SO basic, I am inclined to think that the majority of MPs who voted to trigger Article 50 before putting a plan in place are just plain stupid.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      Yes. But when you decide to divorce you don't just pack your bags and leave. There's loads of things to sort out. Especially when your lives have been so intertwined for 40 odd years.

This is what people just aren't getting. If anyone thought this could be sown up in two years it is they who were deluded.
      To be fair, the two year 'limit' is of the EU's making - the cynic in me suggests it was enacted to deter countries from leaving or that the EU were arrogant enough to think nobody would ever want to leave.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      To be fair, the two year 'limit' is of the EU's making - the cynic in me suggests it was enacted to deter countries from leaving or that the EU were arrogant enough to think nobody would ever want to leave.
      Yes - but the two years only starts when you trigger Article 50. Nothing to stop the UK government from waiting a few years before giving notice.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      Parliament has democratically voted on this issue and has decided against (in significant numbers) having another public vote on the issue.
      Is this how things "should work in a parliamentary democracy"?, one minute you are in favour and the next you want this parliamentary vote ignored...........someone is confused/desperate
      My point is simply that, once the deal is agreed, there should be an opportunity for Parliament and/or the people to vote on that deal. I'm not sure what's confusing or desperate about that.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim in the West View Post
      My point is simply that, once the deal is agreed, there should be an opportunity for Parliament and/or the people to vote on that deal. I'm not sure what's confusing or desperate about that.
      But Parliament democratically voted that there shouldn't be a vote on the deal.

It was the correct call. Remainers say they want stability but if there was a vote on the deal it could lead to many more years of instability. Imagine if parliament rejected the deal - we'd be in a very grey area of getting out but parliament not allowing us to do so. And don't say we would automatically stay in the EU if the deal was rejected ..... that's just a way of making the first referendum null and void.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      Okey dokey. And just for fun I've added the Euro against the Yen too. Who's have thunk it? They're pretty much following the same pattern.

So what the pattern is that same? This graph shows sterling having a 22% fall from peak and the euro about half that. Look at the y axis. Yes the pattern is the same but the scale is completely different.

Or was this graph supposed to show how badly the pound has fallen in comparison?

0 Not allowed!
      But Parliament democratically voted that there shouldn't be a vote on the deal.

It was the correct call. Remainers say they want stability but if there was a vote on the deal it could lead to many more years of instability. Imagine if parliament rejected the deal - we'd be in a very grey area of getting out but parliament not allowing us to do so. And don't say we would automatically stay in the EU if the deal was rejected ..... that's just a way of making the first referendum null and void.
      All this assumes that we ever get to the stage of having a deal to vote on, or not to vote on.

Could we get to the Kafkaesque position of deciding whether or not to vote on not having a deal?
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.

0 Not allowed!
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41369239

Britain slides further as credit rating lowered. And still the Leavers insist it'll be fine. Well, the four that still post on here do, all the others gave up trying to defend this shambles months ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41369239
      Nearly.
yyy