Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
"The world needs the liberal, democratic values of Europe."

Theresa May, 29/03/17, 12:39 BST

She just said that!

:lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You talk absolute rubbish at times. You really are a moron. The economy HAS decided hence you have migration. FFS. And I'll skip correcting your crap grammar.

Classy reply, this "moron" is amongst 17m others. Although I don't agree with the remainers I do not think they are morons, they have a different opinion to me and 17m others. Perhaps concentrate on the Fatherland and leave us "Little Englanders" to it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Indeed, there were numerous tales of people practically on their death bed who were determined to vote for freedom for the country they love, even if it was literally the last thing they did.
The same generation who fought to keep this country free in their youth voted to make this country free once again at their end.

...and run the risk of dismantling Great Britain while they're about it. I'm not sure that's what all those brave people in the second world war were fighting for.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
The Article 50 letter has been delivered. The clock is now ticking...

[tweet]847047933405093892[/tweet]

Donald Tusk @eucopresident
After nine months the UK has delivered. #Brexit

I never thought I'd see this day, it's wonderful. It's forty two years since I, like most people at the time, was fooled into voting yes to remaining in The Common Market. Now that terrible mistake is being rectified and the remainers can sneer as much as they want to; we're leaving that corrupt, rotten EU - hallelujah!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ok, your opinion. These prophecies of doom were also made nearly a year ago, apparently things were going to go tit up asap....10 months later....
Yes, my opinion, but based on the opinions of experts - people like the senior macroeconomist at the firm where I work.

By the way, do you ever *think* before you post? 10 months later? Nobody sane suggested our economy would turn to shit in 10 short months because nothing has actually changed in that time. We're still in the EU and will probably be for at least 5 more years. We won't see the clusterfc*k in it's full glory until the terms are negotiated and this idiot government pulls us out despite negotiating the shittest deal since Andy Carroll signed for Liverpool.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes, my opinion, but based on the opinions of experts - people like the senior macroeconomist at the firm where I work.

By the way, do you ever *think* before you post? 10 months later? Nobody sane suggested our economy would turn to shit in 10 short months because nothing has actually changed in that time. We're still in the EU and will probably be for at least 5 more years. We won't see the clusterfc*k in it's full glory until the terms are negotiated and this idiot government pulls us out despite negotiating the shittest deal since Andy Carroll signed for Liverpool.

I would like to up The Andy Carroll and give you Soldado.

This is just a giant Roberto Soldado.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Let's deal with the facts rather than whatever you want to make up. Where has anyone said "will need to rise from tens of thousands"? That's in your head. And if there are 330000 coming here every year, there are obviously jobs to fill. Who is going to do those jobs all of a sudden?

Seeing as we still have 1.6 million people unemployed in the UK perhaps a better approach to getting them into these jobs might be considered?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I never thought I'd see this day, it's wonderful. It's forty two years since I, like most people at the time, was fooled into voting yes to remaining in The Common Market. Now that terrible mistake is being rectified and the remainers can sneer as much as they want to; we're leaving that corrupt, rotten EU - hallelujah!
You misunderstand what remainers are sneering at. It is the clueless misunderstanding of the facts that many remainers are sneering at. Take Soulman and his comedy interpretation of what is going to happen to immigration levels.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

199b249b-c87d-4b52-8d8d-69ef0342b3fc.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Which EU law is everyone most excited about not having to abide by anymore?

The one that stops the average person shagging a duck �� in the open air on the first Tuesday in June. I have my country back. Woooohooo.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Germany says two-year Brexit timetable is "damn narrow"

The two-year period for Britain and the European Union to settle the terms of their split after British Prime Minister Theresa May filed divorce papers on Wednesday is very tight, a spokesman for the German Foreign Ministry said.

"The time-frame is damn narrow," Martin Schaefer said at a regular government news conference.

http://www.reuters.com/article/britain-eu-germany-idUSB4N1G0009

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Seriously?

One last time....

BREXIT

DIDNT

START

UNTIL

TODAY

It's going to take 10 years MINIMUM to see the full extent of the damage caused by this.

I realise that, so why were so many on HERE, putting up the fall of our economy etc and repeating what the experts predicted to IMMEDIATELY happen. They changed their tune, and the goalposts like the posters on here.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Which EU law is everyone most excited about not having to abide by anymore?

Well,with 52,741 laws passed since 1990 we can have 1 each.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here