Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

Will leaving the EU see the death of the Cornish pasty.

They are currently protected by EU legislation which means they can't be produced elsewhere. Presumably this will fall away leaving Cornish pasties to be produced anywhere, or will we introduce high tariffs on imports of foreign made Cornish pasties, leading to a food war with the EU as tariffs are placed on a tit for tat basis on (currently) protected foods.

What like Ginsters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wise words from London Mayor Sadiq Khan.At least one Remain backer is wise enough to recognise the inevitable!

View attachment 83239

If only he were in charge of the country instead of the current mob, I might have some confidence that such an approach would we taken and might work. May seems to be going at it all guns blazing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

They are currently protected by EU legislation which means they can't be produced elsewhere. Presumably this will fall away leaving Cornish pasties to be produced anywhere, or will we introduce high tariffs on imports of foreign made Cornish pasties, leading to a food war with the EU as tariffs are placed on a tit for tat basis on (currently) protected foods.

Cornwall want independence too remember, they're soooo different to us English being all Celtic like with their own Esperanto nonsense etc so no doubt they'll campaign like Scotland to become part of the Eu again. If England let's them...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
1st container ship of long-life pasties sailing from China.

pasty 1.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Container ship of Danish bacon pasties,spearheading the EU's export drive,spotted in Falmouth Bay.

pasty 2.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Container ship of pasties with an interesting recipe leaves Korea bound for the UK.

pasty 3.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Steady on, for the avoidance of doubt.

East Preston Gull Posted

I don't mind you lot protesting at all. I am pretty sure I would be doing the same had the vote been to remain. I won, you lost.

I dislike the remainers view that it was a monumental foul up to vote Leave and that anyone who did is an idiot and racist. This attitude does not help your movement at all.

I voted leave and do not regret my decision one single bit. We were never voting to remain in the EU as it is, we were voting to join lock,stock and barrel and all the centralisation from Brussels that brings. Remaining in a reformed EU was the biggest lie of the whole campaign.

Good luck with your marches. I admire the spirit of protesting for something you believe in but refrain from belittling those who disagree and cut out the hate many of you profess to be fighting against.

To which YOU replied

Spot on.

What else does 'spot on' mean then other than the fact that you totally agree with the words that have been written.

Yet again you falsely accuse me of telling lies which is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to worm you way out of what you have agreed with.

If you are now saying that is not correct perhaps you would like to denounce East Preston Gull and fully explain what was spot on about a post that you now are saying wasn't spot on.

One day you may actually accept that what you have stated is wrong

Ah. This is today's stick that you and Nibble/The Clamp are hitting Soulman with today. You're cyber-bullying...again. Well done. It's clear you don't like the bloke, the way you follow him around this board the way you do, picking up on every bloody phrase, looking to wind him up at every opportunity like it's all a game where the end result is clearly to get him to stop posting on NSC altogether. If you get the result you want, I hope you're pleased with yourself.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ah. This is today's stick that you and Nibble/The Clamp are hitting Soulman with today. You're cyber-bullying...again. Well done. It's clear you don't like the bloke, the way you follow him around this board the way you do, picking up on every bloody phrase, looking to wind him up at every opportunity like it's all a game where the end result is clearly to get him to stop posting on NSC altogether. If you get the result you want, I hope you're pleased with yourself.

Must admit it does look that way. There are a few others you could add to that ensemble. Maybe they need to take a step backwards. I'm sure if it goes to far the Mods will deal with it.

Jan 30, 2008

you're the only tit on here by the sounds of it. stop dribbling on and face up to the real world:yawn:
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Must admit it does look that way. There are a few others you could add to that ensemble. Maybe they need to take a step backwards. I'm sure if it goes to far the Mods will deal with it.

Of course he's out to get Soulman. It's as plain as day. The bloke replies "spot on" to a 200-odd word post and gets interrogated in the third degree over a dozen of them, completely ignoring the gist of what was being agreed to. And then 20-point red bold font...was that necessary? What point does it serve except to belittle him and hound him off this board which I am certain is his intent.

I get the feeling that the Mods that read this thread give a bit more leeway over this bullying because Soulman doesn't share the same politics as them. Christ knows Soulman has asked both these posters numerous times to back off with the agressive stalking and repeatedly asking him the same questions. If the boot was on the other foot I'd be curious to know if they'd let it go on for months and months as has happened here.

Jan 30, 2008
Of course he's out to get Soulman. It's as plain as day. The bloke replies "spot on" to a 200-odd word post and gets interrogated in the third degree over a dozen of them, completely ignoring the gist of what was being agreed to. And then 20-point red bold font...was that necessary? What point does it serve except to belittle him and hound him off this board which I am certain is his intent.

I get the feeling that the Mods that read this thread give a bit more leeway over this bullying because Soulman doesn't share the same politics as them. Christ knows Soulman has asked both these posters numerous times to back off with the agressive stalking and repeatedly asking him the same questions. If the boot was on the other foot I'd be curious to know if they'd let it go on for months and months as has happened here.
OF COURSE THEY WOULDN'T double standards all day long :rolleyes:
regards
DR

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

There are international laws, as well as EU laws - which presumably only applies within the EU anyway. Various foods and drinks are protected this way - Scotch Whisky being a good example. You can't even call a product 'Scotch-type Whisky' or 'Scotch Style Whisky'. I believe champagne is similarly protected.

PS Leaving the EU won't be the end of Cheddar Cheese or Melton Mowbray pork pies either.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here