Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see. So do I, however, thats not exactly what you said though was it, you said the demonstration itself was disrepectful.

It may not have been intended that way,but it did turn out to be disrespectful.It also cost Remain at least one very dedicated supporter.My sister-in-law was fanatical in her support until this weekend,but having witnessed the total lack of respect from certain people,no more.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It may not have been intended that way,but it did turn out to be disrespectful.It also cost Remain at least one very dedicated supporter.My sister-in-law was fanatical in her support until this weekend,but having witnessed the total lack of respect from certain people,no more.

So a few wankers, who can be found on all sides of the political spectrum coloured her political views?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yep, rising inflation, weakening pound. Recipe for a successful future.

That's strange.Petrol,the main driver for recent inflation,is starting to fall in price again.I got 1.157 euros to the pound today-better than last July!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
the thing is that the EU teacher has only said "we'll ask you to write an essay" and refuse to say what subject or anything expected from it. we know from the syllabus a few things need to be touched on, but nothing firm.

Exactly why the referendum should not have been taken as a mandate for whatever our unelected PM wants to do with BREXIT. We should have gone to the EU saying the British people want us to leave and we will unless certain conditions are met. Instead we've gone on the say of 51.9% of the population, who voted having been promised all sorts of nonsense, and will leave no matter what.

The situation we find ourselves in is crazy.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So a few wankers, who can be found on all sides of the political spectrum coloured her political views?

They must have been extreme wankers to have upset her that much!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Exactly why the referendum should not have been taken as a mandate for whatever our unelected PM wants to do with BREXIT. We should have gone to the EU saying the British people want us to leave and we will unless certain conditions are met. Instead we've gone on the say of 51.9% of the population, who voted having been promised all sorts of nonsense, and will leave no matter what.

The situation we find ourselves in is crazy.

Think you will find Cameron had already gone to the EU,and got told you're getting sweet fa.An enormous help to making peoples minds up.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

With respect, that's a bit silly.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We should have gone to the EU saying the British people want us to leave and we will unless certain conditions are met.
But the PM (any PM) couldn't go to the EU and say that unless he/she had a mandate from the electorate, so we'd have had to have had a referendum anyway.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Think you will find Cameron had already gone to the EU,and got told you're getting sweet fa.An enormous help to making peoples minds up.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Cameron is the architect of it all but at that point the public had not spokne, will of the people and all that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's a shame that an act of terroism has caused someone to change their political views. A real shame.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It's a shame that an act of terroism has caused someone to change their political views. A real shame.

It was the desecration of the memorial to the murdered police officer that caused her to change her views.She no longer wants to be associated with people like that.(Her husband is a retired police officer).

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
My sister-in-law was fanatical in her support until this weekend,but having witnessed the total lack of respect from certain people,no more.

Just to confirm, your sister in law was dedicated in her total support for Britain's continued role within the EU but because of a number of tossers misbehaving with their banner has changed her mind on this wide-ranging issue? Seems odd.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Or what does [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] feel the best deal is?

Your reply to your colleague whom seems to tirelessly and tediously dominate this thread doesnt offer anything substantive, its just a nod to your mate.

Ultimately you wish to stay within an EU political project irrespective of nearly anything, I cannot recall one particular view from you on the EU that might be remotely compelling, you have undoubtedly struggled to come to terms with it.

In negotiation of course you go into them wanting the best for those you represent, its quite normal and doesnt disqualify that aim, you and your mates are just trying to reinvent a discussion that has already been made, we see opportunity you just dont and you find it almost impossible to even consider for one moment that the UK might succeed in nearly anything it does.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure that's the best reason ever for changing sides (welcome as she is to the ranks of us happy Brexiteers). I was appalled at the thought of having to side with Enoch Powell in 1975, but that didn't stop me doing my best to keep us out of the EEC by voting 'No' back then.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So the plan is "hope to get the best possible deal"?

Brilliant. we cannot fail.

It's like a kid that has been asked 10 times to hand in his homework, eventually he'll have to admit he hasn't done it. Saying "I hope to do a really good essay" is not the same as handing in a really good essay.

Your a little bit daft, I have negotiated many times, sometimes successfully sometimes less so, so yes I always hope to get the best deal, there are multiple factors that might effect the outcome but yes negotiation is basically that.

Your analogy isn't a great one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here