Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Outside Brighton central library there's an interesting installation called "Before I die I want to..." The title is repeated across all four sides with blackboard spaces for people to finish the sentence in their own way. In the middle, on the side facing the street, in the most prominent of places, someone has written "...feel safe in the UK". I felt a little shame.

Of course you did. That was the intention. It was put there by one virtue-signalling snowflake to be seen by other virtue-signalling snowflakes so they could all engage in a virtue-signalling jerk circle. It's the kind of thing this town does so well. You should put it on social media. Just imagine the re-tweets you'll get.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Where did i state it was GOOD (make sure it can be seen ) news?.... i stated " "“Whatever the outcome [of the Brexit talks], London will remain for us a very significant regional hub and a significant global hub. London will remain a very significant important centre.” in the Guardian report as well.........in amongst the gloomy headline."
Again what you want to see is NOT actually there.

You're indulging in semantics. You put the most positive spin you possibly could on this when you weighed in.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That’s quite sad really.
Whilst safety fears are naturally likely to rise during a sustained period of high threat levels of terrorism, the chalk drawer should take comfort in the knowledge the security forces are doing a great job and have thwarted a number of planned attacks over the years.
One day these terrorists will be defeated and the chalk drawer will feel safe again, I would generally advise him/her though to put these matters into the back of their head and just go about their day to day life as normal and not worry about it.
Not sure how you feeling shame is relevant ether, doubt very much you are a crazy jihadi..
My word it took you a long time to dream that up. Did it involve many drafts?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In other words i did not say it was GOOD news, no spin just quoted what was in the paper.

So which part of 'in the Guardian report as well.........in amongst the gloomy headline.' is not spin and where is it in the paper?

Trying to wiggle out of something again, where clearly you were trying to overcome the headline which is not all smiley happy clappy in favour of Brexit

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Of course you did. That was the intention. It was put there by one virtue-signalling snowflake to be seen by other virtue-signalling snowflakes so they could all engage in a virtue-signalling jerk circle. It's the kind of thing this town does so well. You should put it on social media. Just imagine the re-tweets you'll get.

Sorry, didn't realise you knew the person.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My word it took you a long time to dream that up. Did it involve many drafts?

Not dreaming anything thanks, i find its for the best not to dwell and worry about safety and terrorism,get angry about it by all means but best to just crack on as normal.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So which part of 'in the Guardian report as well.........in amongst the gloomy headline.' is not spin and where is it in the paper?

Trying to wiggle out of something again, where clearly you were trying to overcome the headline which is not all smiley happy clappy in favour of Brexit

" where is it in the paper? your quote.

Right you sad act, i quoted from "the Guardian report".......this was the quote (yet again) from the Guardian, here is the quote "“Whatever the outcome [of the Brexit talks], London will remain for us a very significant regional hub and a significant global hub. London will remain a very significant important centre.”

And here is the link where it contains the quote that i have now stated a few times. The link was put up by the poster a few posts before mine. Make sure you look a few paragraphs down this time.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/21/goldman-sachs-staff-london-brexit-frankfurt-paris

I notice when i refused to celebrate or drown my sorrows, on the 9th May.........because it was EU day, you stopped prodding, do the same again.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Right you sad act, i quoted from "the Guardian report".......this was the quote (yet again) from the Guardian, here is the quote "“Whatever the outcome [of the Brexit talks], London will remain for us a very significant regional hub and a significant global hub. London will remain a very significant important centre.”

And here is the link where it contains the quote that i have now stated a few times. The link was put up by the poster a few posts before mine. Make sure you look a few paragraphs down this time.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/21/goldman-sachs-staff-london-brexit-frankfurt-paris

I notice when i refused to celebrate or drown my sorrows, on the 9th May.........because it was EU day, you stopped prodding, do the same again.

Back to avoiding the questions you really are having a good day.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's obvious why the EU wont itemize anything, the place has never been audited. if for nothing else this should set alarm bells ringing.

How on earth are we supposed to have faith in a set up like that, just stand by and let some corrupt crooked bas*ard run the show.. ..yes i f*cking will.:facepalm:

Your evidence for saying the have never been audited is..........?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Back to avoiding the questions you really are having a good day.

Listen, you have been rumbled again.
You asked where it was in the Guardian, i quoted, i put up the link that i read from a previous poster, his Guardian link, you were so keen to get on your bandwagon that you did not read the contents of the link.........Perhaps read the links before making a tit of yourself.

I shall remind you again of your post "So which part of 'in the Guardian report as well.........in amongst the gloomy headline.' is not spin and where is it in the paper?"

The answer again "“Whatever the outcome [of the Brexit talks], London will remain for us a very significant regional hub and a significant global hub. London will remain a very significant important centre.”

Found it yet?

Last edited:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Can leavers actually agree amongst themselves. One says the EU has never been audited while another refers to a 2014 story about the EU being audited.

2014 or not still not a impressive record.
If i was asked to do business with a company that operates in the same manner as the EU does i'd give it a wide birth, and so would anyone with half a brain. no genuine business escapes being audited for as long as they did .. yet somehow because it is the EU it suddenly becomes alright.:ohmy:.. it's fuking scandalous and you know it. talk of lead by example.:facepalm:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not dreaming anything thanks, i find its for the best not to dwell and worry about safety and terrorism,get angry about it by all means but best to just crack on as normal.

A sound effort but it's a good idea to get the basics right before having a go at humour. I hope you find the following helpful.

Not dreaming anything thanks. I find it's for the best not to dwell and worry about safety and terrorism - get angry about it by all means but try to just crack on as normal.

See what a difference the little things make? A few capital letters and a bit of punctuation and it's almost readable.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Listen, you have been rumbled again.
You asked where it was in the Guardian, i quoted, i put up the link that i read from a previous poster, his Guardian link, you were so keen to get on your bandwagon that you did not read the contents of the link.........Perhaps read the links before making a tit of yourself.

I shall remind you again of your post "So which part of 'in the Guardian report as well.........in amongst the gloomy headline.' is not spin and where is it in the paper?"

The answer again "“Whatever the outcome [of the Brexit talks], London will remain for us a very significant regional hub and a significant global hub. London will remain a very significant important centre.”

Found it yet?

You really are stupid.

Yoy stated that you only quoted from the paper with no spin.

That us nothing other than a lie given yoy added the part apart gloomy headlines.

You were asked a direct question about yoyr comments which were not a direct quote from the report.

You have yet to answer that question.

The folliw up question was not asking where your quote came from but where in the report are your additional comments given that you had previously stated you only quoted from the paper.

I accept yoy are hindered by your inability to grasp and understand written words. So have another attempt at answering the question.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
"“Whatever the outcome [of the Brexit talks], London will remain for us a very significant regional hub and a significant global hub. London will remain a very significant important centre.”

I think the underlying point is that the fact that London, currently one of the absolute world leaders, will in future merely be a 'significant' global hub (definitely and specifically not a 'very significant' one) is pretty dreadful news; a considerable come-down.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
2014 or not still not a impressive record.
If i was asked to do business with a company that operates in the same manner as the EU does i'd give it a wide birth, and so would anyone with half a brain. no genuine business escapes being audited for as long as they did .. yet somehow because it is the EU it suddenly becomes alright.:ohmy:.. it's fuking scandalous and you know it. talk of lead by example.:facepalm:

They have been audited

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
A sound effort but it's a good idea to get the basics right before having a go at humour. I hope you find the following helpful.

Not dreaming anything thanks. I find it's for the best not to dwell and worry about safety and terrorism - get angry about it by all means but try to just crack on as normal.

See what a difference the little things make? A few capital letters and a bit of punctuation and it's almost readable.

makes no difference at all£you were quite capable of reading it/unless you are a bit dim#
i understand Why some remoaners feel the need to turn some posts into a written English exam though?
Its that liberal sneering. Snottiness that only they know best shinning through.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the underlying point is that the fact that London, currently one of the absolute world leaders, will in future merely be a 'significant' global hub (definitely and specifically not a 'very significant' one) is pretty dreadful news; a considerable come-down.

No no just read the quote you must know by now that although everyone can see it's not good news we must overlook that fact and rejoice with the wonderful news that London is significant. Wr must not read the full report about recuriting staff from the other 27 EU countries for the enlarged European operation.

Its just bad form

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You really are stupid.

Yoy stated that you only quoted from the paper with no spin.

That us nothing other than a lie given yoy added the part apart gloomy headlines.

You were asked a direct question about yoyr comments which were not a direct quote from the report.

You have yet to answer that question.

The folliw up question was not asking where your quote came from but where in the report are your additional comments given that you had previously stated you only quoted from the paper.

I accept yoy are hindered by your inability to grasp and understand written words. So have another attempt at answering the question.

Dear oh Dear...........Spelling, Grammar,Punctuation.......You wont make Lincolns standards
"gloomy" is an opinion not spin

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here