Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This EU money you speak about.......where do you understand that they get it from?

Talking about money, you must be relieved the issue surrounding your front door is eventually going to be addressed.
Its a shame you didnt apply for an EU grant to fix it in the first place

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They didn't have much of a choice did they. It was the smug macron or the National Front. Hardly a choice now is it?

They had a choice of 11. Did you miss the first round?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes and the final was between those two. You're a clown mate

Its called the run-off. And this was because there was no overall winner from the 11....arguably because of the wide field of candidates I.e. the thing you're arguing against is the reason for the thing you're arguing for. Who's the clown?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Its called the run-off. And this was because there was no overall winner from the 11....arguably because of the wide field of candidates I.e. the thing you're arguing against is the reason for the thing you're arguing for. Who's the clown?

Dont be ridiculous. You originally stated France chose macron. The pro EU macron. When it was wittled down to the last 2 it was hardly a choice. A lot of the french electorate didn't particularly favour him but face with le pen or macron they chose him. Thats my point . Now whats yours?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Talking about money, you must be relieved the issue surrounding your front door is eventually going to be addressed.
Its a shame you didnt apply for an EU grant to fix it in the first place

Ja, in Deutchesland at the moment and many people here want a front door also.......particularly those stabbed in Hamburg last week by a new German. One can only hope the victims were St Pauli fans.

Not my joke but Bavarian comments.......they say the Germans don't do irony, but I disagree.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont be ridiculous. You originally stated France chose macron. The pro EU macron. When it was wittled down to the last 2 it was hardly a choice. A lot of the french electorate didn't particularly favour him but face with le pen or macron they chose him. Thats my point . Now whats yours?

Macron won the first round against 10 other candidates. He then won the run off. I think my point, now, is that you're being deliberately selective/obtuse to save face.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ja, in Deutchesland at the moment and many people here want a front door also.......particularly those stabbed in Hamburg last week by a new German. One can only hope the victims were St Pauli fans.

Not my joke but Bavarian comments.......they say the Germans don't do irony, but I disagree.

You'll fit in quite well in Bavaria :lolol:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Interesting announcement that FOM will end march 2019.

I wonder what proportion of people understand that freedom of movement is different to right to settle. Pretty low I reckon.

That transitional deal appears off the table. This could get scary.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Macron won the first round against 10 other candidates. He then won the run off. I think my point, now, is that you're being deliberately selective/obtuse to save face.

Dont be silly. Anyway stop deflecting away from the real issue. Leave is what we voted for So that is what it means.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I wonder what proportion of people understand that freedom of movement is different to right to settle. Pretty low I reckon.

But a transitional deal is needed for a whole host of reasons, 35 replacement regulatory bodies to be set up for starters, cabinet ministers have consistently and openly stated one is needed for a smooth transition and purely in terms of FOM and immigration one is certainly needed in that the 'Settled Status' system wont be operational and have processed all EU nationals here for the best part of 10 years, assuming it ever is.

Still, I'm sure The Government know exactly what they're doing and David Davis has said Brexit will probably be okay too.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
"LONDON (Reuters) - HSBC could spend up to $300 million moving jobs and parts of its business to Paris following Britain's exit from the European Union, Chief Executive Stuart Gulliver said on Monday.

The estimate, one of the most detailed yet by a major bank, includes the costs of relocating up to 1,000 jobs to the French capital as well as associated legal fees, Gulliver told reporters on a conference call.

"The $200-$300 million total is the cost of the transition to France," Gulliver said after HSBC reported an increase in profits for the first half of the year.

HSBC said up to $1 billion in revenue could be at risk from Britain's exit from the EU but it should be able to preserve the income by shifting associated jobs to Paris, Gulliver said."

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Well GBP has done nothing today, think the markets just ignore what the government say.

Trench warfare in the Tory party. Who knows what will happen, so much to get through parliament with a weaken hand.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I disagree - it is impossible to claim that 'the elderly' worked harder than the generations that have followed them. Many of them worked hard, as do many of their children today, but the honest among the old will agree that the stars aligned for them in a way that no longer happens. (One of those stars was, many would say, our accession to the EU halfway through the baby boomers' three score years and ten: growth accelerated after we joined I believe.)

Well articulated, they've never had it so good and the only group whose incomes have growth since the GFC

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
"LONDON (Reuters) - HSBC could spend up to $300 million moving jobs and parts of its business to Paris following Britain's exit from the European Union, Chief Executive Stuart Gulliver said on Monday.

The estimate, one of the most detailed yet by a major bank, includes the costs of relocating up to 1,000 jobs to the French capital as well as associated legal fees, Gulliver told reporters on a conference call.

"The $200-$300 million total is the cost of the transition to France," Gulliver said after HSBC reported an increase in profits for the first half of the year.

HSBC said up to $1 billion in revenue could be at risk from Britain's exit from the EU but it should be able to preserve the income by shifting associated jobs to Paris, Gulliver said."

And we can sure that Handy Guides to Dublin and Hong Kong are also being read in HSBC headquarters. And that is just one bank.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very nice place, a poll this weekend indicates 1/3 Bavarians want to split from federal Germany.........not so much ein reich, ein Volk, ein mutti in this neck of der faterlund.

I'm surprised it's not higher to be honest.

Okay. Now onto language....I know you like this. Mutti is feminine so the indefinite article is eine. And a capital M as it's a noun. And it's Vaterland, again with a capital.

Enjoy your time with die kleine Deutsche.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trench warfare in the Tory party. Who knows what will happen, so much to get through parliament with a weaken hand.

I've now heard the fifth different statement on freedom of movement in 4 days. The government doesn't know it's arse from its elbow. Will they be allowed to limp on and drag the nation down with it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here