Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Considering where I'm residing, that's probably the most stupid post on NSC I've ever read. Tell me about these hordes of East Europeans. Sounds facinating.
Stop being so obtuse... you know full well that if there is a nationalist far right issue/problem, it's in your neck of the woods not ours..... Russians, Poles, Ukrainians, ... all the Balkan nations...carnage.... our miniscule 200 or so at a BNP or MFE gathering with a flurry of chair luzzing... is chickenfeed by comparison.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
the NF/BNP used the UNION jack , NOW IT'S THE FLAG OF ST GEORGE used by the far right, I couldn't give a monkeys really, it's not going to ruin my life where as leaving the EU seems to have destroyed you, MOVE ON ,YOU'LL MAKE YOURSELF UNWELL :thumbsup:
regards
DR

And why did you object to my view on people abusing and misusing the flag of England?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I dont have a problem with football fans with the flag, its just the racist, bigoted, violent, drunks of far right organisations staggering through cities in the UK, looking for a confrontation with anybody, using our flag as their banner..

Dont forget the violent bigots that turn up from loony far left groups to meet them with violent confrontation on their minds, fueling the fire.
Would be nice if all these boneheads left our city streets alone and met up in some woods instead.....preferably at least a thousand miles from civilised people

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Stop being so obtuse... you know full well that if there is a nationalist far right issue/problem, it's in your neck of the woods not ours..... Russians, Poles, Ukrainians, ... all the Balkan nations...carnage.... our miniscule 200 or so at a BNP or MFE gathering with a flurry of chair luzzing... is chickenfeed by comparison.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last time the far right came to Prague in numbers was 2007
The city turned out. Young and old and they were battered by Czech youths and haven't been back. Where are these hordes you speak of? Nothing obtuse in the question at all.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Time and time on here it has been said by Brexiters that remainers are "lefties'. The fact that you, after months of popping away at remainers on this Brexit thread, suddenly used the word 'lefties' led me to assume that you were doing likewise. Naturally, I apologise for the assumption.

Actually i do think the Far Left are anti nationalists, my "popping away" is at Remainers whatever their political persuasion, you assumed wrong and thanks for the apology. I have always put you down as Left of centre, an assumption i admit.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dont forget the violent bigots that turn up from loony far left groups to meet them with violent confrontation on their minds, fueling the fire.
Would be nice if all these boneheads left our city streets alone and met up in some woods instead.....preferably at least a thousand miles from civilised people

Like I said, no far right groups going to Brighton, as it's seen as a left wing city, specifically for confrontation, no far left

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
For the poster who appeared to be belittling some Commonwealth countries.
Soldiers of 9 Regiment RLC, many of whom are from the Commonwealth nations, put on a special Commonwealth Day show for local schools from Chippenham area, with traditional dance, music and food laid on by Fijian, African, West Indies and Nepalese soldiers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Like I said, no far right groups going to Brighton, as it's seen as a left wing city, specifically for confrontation, no far left

You could instead have a peaceful demonstration against the nationalists and simply let the Police deal with the few dozen involved, which they are perfectly capable of doing. But that would involve common sense and suppressing your own violent urges, instead you want option B, violence for all……as I said I wish you all would take your violence somewhere else,preferably far away from normal people, your violence is not wanted in Brighton or any other city for that matter.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You could instead have a peaceful demonstration against the nationalists and simply let the Police deal with the few dozen involved, which they are perfectly capable of doing. But that would involve common sense and suppressing your own violent urges, instead you want option B, violence for all……as I said I wish you all would take your violence somewhere else,preferably far away from normal people, your violence is not wanted in Brighton or any other city for that matter.

I was not involved in any violence along with ther majority of people who protested a far right group coming to a city that is seen as leftwing specifically for confrontation. You can defend neo nazi groups coming to Brighton for this. I wont.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Says an MFE supporter. Funny. Did you not join the knuckle dragging skinheads in their 30 yard parade in Brighton?
To deny that groups like EDL/MFE have smeared our countries flag with their violence, drunkness, street brawling and bigotry etc
is a little disingenuous.

PS Why do MFE St Geroge's flags have England printed across them? Is it a reminder?

Again for about the 100th time MFE did not intend trouble, the day was intended for families kids etc to get together and celebrate the day in style..a few drinks in a pub somewhere and that's about it.
As i have pointed out countless times.. the march was in no way intended as a provocation to the left , the left however saw it as nothing else but a provocation and saw it as an opportunity to tarnish the name of anyone seen to be in support of the national flag.
After two peaceful marches passed by along came the LEFT in the shape of ANTIFA SWP and Hope not Hate and.with them they brought violence to a city that the city had never witnessed before. women and children were having to duck from missiles in the shape of smoke bombs, beer bottles, bottles of piss, coins and even beach pebbles from the beach. as a result of this.one 9 year old girl was taken to hospital with injuries to her eye.
The next march the EDL were called in and women and children were warned to stay away.. eventually after about six marches we called the whole thing off,
I am not going to lie and pretend that our lot were impeccably behaved but what i will say is if there was any violence shown it was not from without being provoked in the first place.
There is plenty of proof on youtube who were the aggressor's were and it weren't us.
The media spin was predictable as ever... the usual lying nonsense that no one believes anymore "right wing neo nazi's create havoc through the streets of Brighton"
Why lie Dave you weren't even there.you idiot,

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was not involved in any violence along with ther majority of people who protested a far right group coming to a city that is seen as leftwing specifically for confrontation. You can defend neo nazi groups coming to Brighton for this. I wont.

And it would be a pleasant change if all people could keep their protests non violent like yourself.
Clearly some people from both sides simply have violent urges they cannot suppress and are incapable of doing this though. These people are not wanted.
Wanting a violence free demonstration/protest from everyone is clearly not defending violent neo Nazis is it dave?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Again for about the 100th time MFE did not intend trouble, the day was intended for families kids etc to get together and celebrate the day in style..a few drinks in a pub somewhere and that's about it.
As i have pointed out countless times.. the march was in no way intended as a provocation to the left , the left however saw it as nothing else but a provocation and saw it as an opportunity to tarnish the name of anyone seen to be in support of the national flag.
After two peaceful marches passed by along came the LEFT in the shape of ANTIFA SWP and Hope not Hate and.with them they brought violence to a city that the city had never witnessed before. women and children were having to duck from missiles in the shape of smoke bombs, beer bottles, bottles of piss, coins and even beach pebbles from the beach. as a result of this.one 9 year old girl was taken to hospital with injuries to her eye.
The next march the EDL were called in and women and children were warned to stay away.. eventually after about six marches we called the whole thing off,
I am not going to lie and pretend that our lot were impeccably behaved but what i will say is if there was any violence shown it was not from without being provoked in the first place.
There is plenty of proof on youtube who were the aggressor's were and it weren't us.
The media spin was predictable as ever... the usual lying nonsense that no one believes anymore "right wing neo nazi's create havoc through the streets of Brighton"

Bullshilt. Numerous calls for smashing the reds in Brighton preceeded the 30 yard march. A group of 30 (chanting EDL incidentally) were looking for trouble all day. Culminating in the crap outside the pub in the Laines. Stop talking crap..and yes, I was there.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And it would be a pleasant change if all people could keep their protests non violent like yourself.
Clearly some people from both sides simply have violent urges they cannot suppress and are incapable of doing this though. These people are not wanted.
Wanting a violence free demonstration/protest from everyone is clearly not defending violent neo Nazis is it dave?
It seems you are more offended by the reaction to racist **** wits turning up in Brighton, for confrontation, as seen as a left leaning city rather than the cause

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I attended one of the early ones. As stated before i walked along with a grandmother and her daughter and the little one in the buggy. There were quite a few youngsters, some had their faces painted, a mixture of many ages.
The abuse started almost immediately, and those in opposition were as you mentioned.
I remember the end was at the King and Queen pub, who incidently had invited us in to have a drink and natter. Opposite on the green were the shouting abusive mob from the groups you stated.
I was in the pub (incidently with a lad who's Dad was from Libya, a Muslim, and mum from Scotland, Catholic) with Karim, who had his England flag. In the beer garden were the families from the parade, who got showered with objects and bottles that were thrown over.

I never bothered going after that,nor did the families, the die had been cast and members of the EDL apparently attended the next year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bullshilt. Numerous calls for smashing the reds in Brighton preceeded the 30 yard march. A group of 30 (chanting EDL incidentally) were looking for trouble all day. Culminating in the crap outside the pub in the Laines. Stop talking crap..and yes. I was there.
This is supposed to be a thread about the EU and Brexit. And you're trying to turn it into a racist/anti-racist who's got the biggest willy contest.
"A group of 30 (chanting EDF incidentally) were looking for trouble all day." Yes, quite possibly - but what's that got to do with Brexit? 17M plus of us voted to leave the EU; a vast majority of us weren't on that demo (or chanting EDF). Most of us wouldn't have wanted to be, thanks very much.
So, those 30 people (yes, that whole vast hoard of them) all voted for Brexit? Did they - do you know that? Perhaps they couldn't be bothered to vote; perhaps they were all too thick to understand what voting is.
The truth is that I don't know, and you don't know - but you do appear to want, by implication, to sustain your delusion that all leavers are knuckle dragging, old, racist, fascists who, in your own opinion, probably shouldn't be allowed to vote if they're going to vote against you.
Give it a rest.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It seems you are more offended by the reaction to racist **** wits turning up in Brighton, for confrontation, as seen as a left leaning city rather than the cause

Im not offended by any of it, just don’t see any justification for either side resorting to their violent urges.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Bullshilt. Numerous calls for smashing the reds in Brighton preceeded the 30 yard march. A group of 30 (chanting EDL incidentally) were looking for trouble all day. Culminating in the crap outside the pub in the Laines. Stop talking crap

Were you there ? no you weren't, so stop talking shite you tw@t.
The violent left fancied a bit of violence and used the excuse of a peaceful march to do so.
Incidentally the EDL came along a lot later because of the violent left.
You never mention the fact that we had 20 gurkhas with us and raised £250.00 for them.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Were you there ? no you weren't, so stop talking shite you tw@t.
The violent left fancied a bit of violence and used the excuse of a peaceful march to do so.
Incidentally the EDL came along a lot later because of the violent left.
You never mention the fact that we had 20 gurkhas with us and raised £250.00 for them.

Stay in denial
Why was Brighton chosen by this Portsmouth based group? Because you wanted a reaction. You got one. Thankfully you have not been back to disrupt the city with your bs

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This is supposed to be a thread about the EU and Brexit. And you're trying to turn it into a racist/anti-racist who's got the biggest willy contest.
"A group of 30 (chanting EDF incidentally) were looking for trouble all day." Yes, quite possibly - but what's that got to do with Brexit? 17M plus of us voted to leave the EU; a vast majority of us weren't on that demo (or chanting EDF). Most of us wouldn't have wanted to be, thanks very much.
So, those 30 people (yes, that whole vast hoard of them) all voted for Brexit? Did they - do you know that? Perhaps they couldn't be bothered to vote; perhaps they were all too thick to understand what voting is.
The truth is that I don't know, and you don't know - but you do appear to want, by implication, to sustain your delusion that all leavers are knuckle dragging, old, racist, fascists who, in your own opinion, probably shouldn't be allowed to vote if they're going to vote against you.
Give it a rest.

Yeah people in the EDL/MFE voted remain. Laughable
For the record, I did not start this phase of chat.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I attended one of the early ones. As stated before i walked along with a grandmother and her daughter and the little one in the buggy. There were quite a few youngsters, some had their faces painted, a mixture of many ages.
The abuse started almost immediately, and those in opposition were as you mentioned.
I remember the end was at the King and Queen pub, who incidently had invited us in to have a drink and natter. Opposite on the green were the shouting abusive mob from the groups you stated.
I was in the pub (incidently with a lad who's Dad was from Libya, a Muslim, and mum from Scotland, Catholic) with Karim, who had his England flag. In the beer garden were the families from the parade, who got showered with objects and bottles that were thrown over.

I never bothered going after that,nor did the families, the die had been cast and members of the EDL apparently attended the next year.

Exactly mate and spoken by someone who was actually there.
What the f*ck would Dave know he was in Prague..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here