Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I can tell you that most people do not see the flag in this light, only people who are totally obsessed by the word nationalism and relate nationalism to a bunch of hate filled skinheads see the flag in this light.no one else does Labour's Emily Thornberry is a perfect example..
Whenever i see the St George flag flying at full mask i get a great sense of pride.. knuckle dragging skinheads never enter my head.

I hear what you say. What I feel when seeing the flag of St George depends on the context. If the context is a church roof or outside an official building or on a pole in the middle of the village I live in I feel very content. If the context is a BNP or NF march, or used by bellowing England supporters I don't. If you feel pride wherever you see it, then fine. If you "tell me" that most people agree with you then that's fine too.

None of this though was the main point of my post. That was to refute Soulman's tragic and cliched implication that Remainers have somehow got it in for England. Should I assume you agree with him?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I can tell you that most people do not see the flag in this light, only people who are totally obsessed by the word nationalism and relate nationalism to a bunch of hate filled skinheads see the flag in this light.no one else does Labour's Emily Thornberry is a perfect example..
Whenever i see the St George flag flying at full mask i get a great sense of pride.. knuckle dragging skinheads never enter my head.

Says an MFE supporter. Funny. Did you not join the knuckle dragging skinheads in their 30 yard parade in Brighton?
To deny that groups like EDL/MFE have smeared our countries flag with their violence, drunkness, street brawling and bigotry etc
is a little disingenuous.

PS Why do MFE St Geroge's flags have England printed across them? Is it a reminder?

Attachments

• March for England rally Bri(23).JPG
    March for England rally Bri(23).JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
No doubt my last post will illicit the predictable "bedwetting" "remoaner" cliches from brexiters. However do they recall some of the bedwetting tripe wheeled out by Farage and the leave campaign. Embarrassing. Either way none of the leave voters on here are ever going to admit they ****ed up.

Like I say, a mess. A sad, regrettable mess.
You are so bigoted that you could easily be called fascist... zero tolerance of an alternate view to your own. Openly deriding any individual who feels they don't like the way the country is going under the populist EU junta of Merkel/Tusk and Juncker... just please stop believing you and your sidekicks in the politburo are the final word on this... the numbers say otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For anyone who loves this country, as I do, It's tragic to see what is happening to it right now. Tearing itself apart, probably going to lose long established unions like Scotland, rise of the right wing, rise of racism, no strong leaders, the leaders that did this ran off, we are now in the weakest trading position we have faced in history, the likes of the US and China are going to crucify us in trade deals, we will likely be set adrift with no deals with Europe in place or very one sided at best.
Labour is a joke, May is an innefectual default PM, Farage was partly responsible for conning a small majority into landing us in this state and now he's a laughing stock across the pond and in Europe.
Anyone that thinks a conservative government is going to restore manafacturing in the U.K. is deluded, they were the ones that systematically dismantled it in the 70's and 80's. they don't care it'll be cheap Chinese steel all the way. The withdrawal of EU funding that once propped up
our industry will see the few remaining strongholds of UK manufacturing wither and die.
What a mess. And it's a legacy decision so there's no way out of it for decades.
Pretty much this. I wouldn't blame the Scots if they wanted another referendum given the impending disaster ahead.
It is pretty condecending to the people of Scotland to be lectured by Mrs May on democracy when the Tory have just one elected Scottish MP. Besides, as we well know from Farage, if the Brexit vote had been 52%/48% to Remain he would have kept going for a second referendum.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You are so bigoted that you could easily be called fascist... zero tolerance of an alternate view to your own. Openly deriding any individual who feels they don't.......

And the difference with a number of leavers that could be named here is?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Leaving aside whether anything enters your head which hasnt had the meaning totally changed, it is not surprising that a confessed MFE member would say anything different about the flag that they have taken which means many now find it difficult to be proud about the flag being used on marches and in similar circumstance.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
And the difference with a number of leavers that could be named here is?
From what I read... perhaps the acceptance that if the vote had gone the other way, they would have just shrugged their collective shoulders in disappointment then moved on with their lives as before. This is a key difference to what I see here with the Remain camp... permanently offended and with self appointed superiority in their attitude and opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I hear what you say. What I feel when seeing the flag of St George depends on the context. If the context is a church roof or outside an official building or on a pole in the middle of the village I live in I feel very content. If the context is a BNP or NF march, or used by bellowing England supporters I don't. If you feel pride wherever you see it, then fine. If you "tell me" that most people agree with you then that's fine too.

If I see a BNP or NF march, it is the BNP/NF march that offends me, not the flag they may be carrying. As for England football fans carrying England flags, I can't agree with you there. What flag would you suggest they should carry? I suppose they could use the Saltire (Scottish flag) because it is obviously perfectly acceptable to all when Scottish fans carry it, and they're obviously not nationalist or racist!
Of course, in your ideal world there's a nice pretty EU flag they could all use, but that horse, I'm afraid, has bolted!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont have a problem with football fans with the flag, its just the racist, bigoted, violent, drunks of far right organisations staggering through cities in the UK, looking for a confrontation with anybody, using our flag as their banner..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If I see a BNP or NF march, it is the BNP/NF march that offends me, not the flag they may be carrying. As for England football fans carrying England flags, I can't agree with you there. What flag would you suggest they should carry? I suppose they could use the Saltire (Scottish flag) because it is obviously perfectly acceptable to all when Scottish fans carry it, and they're obviously not nationalist or racist!
Of course, in your ideal world there's a nice pretty EU flag they could all use, but that horse, I'm afraid, has bolted!

Every fair minded, right minded, morally sound Englishman has tried desperately to unburden our national flag from the symbolic representation and association the far right are so desperate to make with it. The historical significance of the flag goes through our history. You cannot ignore symbolism and the complex historical context that precedes it. Otherwise we'd see gammadion cross geometry used as it had been for thousands of years in tile patterns, geometrical designs, architecture, furniture etc. because there is nothing offensive about geometry, only its symbolism.

Jan 30, 2008

None of this though was the main point of my post. That was to refute Soulman's tragic and cliched implication that Remainers have somehow got it in for England. Should I assume you agree with him?
so why aren't you getting behind LEAVING EU and showing some solidarity in the country without dragging the union flag in to the equation???, isn't it about time you gave up your sorry stance along with the other sulking remoaner's on here and get on with your life :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I dont have a problem with football fans with the flag, its just the racist, bigoted, violent, drunks of far right organisations staggering through cities in the UK, looking for a confrontation with anybody, using our flag as their banner..

Yes, my expression "bellowing football fans" wasn't well-chosen - I meant England supporters, usually in other peoples' countries, showing unnecessary aggression. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
so why aren't you getting behind LEAVING EU and showing some solidarity in the country without dragging the union flag in to the equation???, isn't it about time you gave up your sorry stance along with the other sulking remoaner's on here and get on with your life :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Like most people I usually ignore your posts but just for the record the issue of English nationalism was brought up by one of your fellow-Brexiters and once that was done it was difficult to avoid mentioning the English flag. Like most people who cherish that flag I object to its abuse and misuse. Why do you disapprove of this?

Oh, and given all your witterings about what a patriot you are I'm surprised that you don't even know what our country's flag is called. No one, to the best of my knowledge, has ever mentioned the flag you describe.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Of course neatly forgetting the hordes of central and eastern European psycopaths roaming the city streets all over Europe, killing and maiming as they go...... with or without flags..... not in your back yard eh??

Jan 30, 2008
Like most people I usually ignore your posts but just for the record the issue of English nationalism was brought up by one of your fellow-Brexiters and once that was done it was difficult to avoid mentioning the English flag. Like most people who cherish that flag I object to its abuse and misuse. Why do you disapprove of this?

Oh, and given all your witterings about what a patriot you are I'm surprised that you don't even know what our country's flag is called. No one, to the best of my knowledge, has ever mentioned the flag you describe.
the NF/BNP used the UNION jack , NOW IT'S THE FLAG OF ST GEORGE used by the far right, I couldn't give a monkeys really, it's not going to ruin my life where as leaving the EU seems to have destroyed you, MOVE ON ,YOU'LL MAKE YOURSELF UNWELL :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Of course neatly forgetting the hordes of central and eastern European psycopaths roaming the city streets all over Europe, killing and maiming as they go...... with or without flags..... not in your back yard eh??

Considering where I'm residing, that's probably the most stupid post on NSC I've ever read. Tell me about these hordes of East Europeans. Sounds facinating.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I

Where did i mention "Remainers"...... i stated "Something that i am confused about. The Scots/SNP want independence, they are Nationalists, the Lefties on this board abore the English nationalists......yet show their support for the Scottish views on independence and EU stance.........strange."
Maybe i should have stated Far Left, but Remainers, many who are from the centre etc i did not state.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Where did i mention "Remainers"...... i stated "Something that i am confused about. The Scots/SNP want independence, they are Nationalists, the Lefties on this board abore the English nationalists......yet show their support for the Scottish views on independence and EU stance.........strange."
Maybe i should have stated Far Left, but Remainers, many who are from the centre etc i did not state.

Time and time on here it has been said by Brexiters that remainers are "lefties'. The fact that you, after months of popping away at remainers on this Brexit thread, suddenly used the word 'lefties' led me to assume that you were doing likewise. Naturally, I apologise for the assumption.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here