Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I should think this little lot costs £350 million on its own.Fancy Canary Wharf offices,jobs for 6,000 of the trough-guzzlers.Doesn't matter if the EMA is here or LaLa land,anybody who wants to sell drugs in the EU has to go through it,so who needs our own agency?What a load of old waffle.:bla:

lob1.jpg

lob.jpg

The Agency will still exist,will still do it's job,examining medicines from all over the World,including an independent Great Britain,so what's the problem?

Sorry,forgot Albanian cocaine dealers-they don't need to go through the Agency!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
230% a year increase in entry decisions and therefore work to be made for UKBF staff if EEA nationals are subject to the same entry requirements as non EEA nationals now. 4% reduction in staff over the last 4 years, morale at an all time low and people, such as a friend of mine with years of experience, leaving and not being replaced, CHIEF system still not ready and over budget, Home Office a shambles as always - Best of luck to the UK Border Force as we #takebackcontrol if no deal is better than a bad deal.

https://www.nao.org.uk/report/the-uk-border-2/?platform=hootsuite

The number of decisions that have to be made over whether to permit people and goods to cross the border could increase significantly (potentially 230% and 360% respectively) through the need to make decisions on traffic from the EU

It may require bespoke processes for managing the land border with Ireland and the replacement of (or significant changes to) border services currently provided by European member states

Will struggle to deal with the training, workforce, financial and prioritisation challenges involved in managing so many changes to its business in a short space of time.

Our previous work shows that some changes to border management processes cannot be made without significant lead times and their successful implementation may require action from many parts of government and industry

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
230% a year increase in entry decisions and therefore work to be made for UKBF staff if EEA nationals are subject to the same entry requirements as non EEA nationals now. 4% reduction in staff over the last 4 years, morale at an all time low and people, such as a friend of mine with years of experience, leaving and not being replaced, CHIEF system still not ready and over budget, Home Office a shambles as always - Best of luck to the UK Border Force as we #takebackcontrol if no deal is better than a bad deal.

https://www.nao.org.uk/report/the-uk-border-2/?platform=hootsuite

They couldn't run a p**s up in a brewery now.Absolute shambles.When we arrived back Tuesday night,there was only one arrival and we were all herded through the machine-gates.Six desks were manned,as well,but were waiting for non-British passport holders,of which there were precisely none.They have API available and are either too lazy,or stupid,to use it.Time to sweep it through from top to bottom.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
They couldn't run a p**s up in a brewery now.Absolute shambles.When we arrived back Tuesday night,there was only one arrival and we were all herded through the machine-gates.Six desks were manned,as well,but were waiting for non-British passport holders,of which there were precisely none.They have API available and are either too lazy,or stupid,to use it.Time to sweep it through from top to bottom.

Funny who the home secretary was when the UKBF descended into chaos

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

The UKBF is a shambles. Horrendous to work for now apparently. They can't physically do what they're being asked now, let alone in 2019. It's one reason why Amber Rudd describes no deal as 'unthinkable.' No additional resources being allocated to them and staff are leaving.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
At a guess I think HT is referring to The European Medicines Agency which is leaving London along with all it's staff.

well thats up to him to say. would be an interesting example to use, the agency themselves reported how worried they were that they couldnt retain enough staff to continue operations. its also an example were an national body operates (Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency) with overlapping remit. its not difficult to absorb people leaving EMA to fullill the wider responsibility of MHRA, while operating a system of approvals that recognises standards (which happens all the time anyway). third way eh?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
*Sigh* I raise your £350 Million for the NHS and give you a recession in 2016 and 500,000 more unemployed. Promises/lies/misinformation during the campaign have little relevance to the point I made.

500,000 in 2016 you say. Wonder what the reason was for this. It must have been people moaning im guessing.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ah,but it's my guff,and I spout it in a Brexitly manner!If you are an honest lawyer,I tip my hat to you-almost as rare as an honest banker.As it's Friday,I will introduce a bit of silliness.My old workmate,Sebastien,came here to avoid conscription in 2006.I know Poland have currently scrapped it,but with the Germans likely to be running the EU Army,would the remainers be happy with conscription for their kids/grandkids?

I struggle with conscription, on the one hand, it seems best to have a volunteer army, and those not suited to it need not be in it. On the other, it is mostly working class guys from areas with less employment opportunity that end up in the army, it seems a bit unfair that mostly poorer peoples sons are getting sent to war and dying or losing limbs and coming back with long term mental health issues.
I think National service would be ok if there were also the option for those doing it to choose a role outside of the forces, such as street cleaning, NHS porter or other role of public service.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
I struggle with conscription, on the one hand, it seems best to have a volunteer army, and those not suited to it need not be in it. On the other, it is mostly working class guys from areas with less employment opportunity that end up in the army, it seems a bit unfair that mostly poorer peoples sons are getting sent to war and dying or losing limbs and coming back with long term mental health issues.
I think National service would be ok if there were also the option for those doing it to choose a role outside of the forces, such as street cleaning, NHS porter or other role of public service.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I should think this little lot costs £350 million on its own.Fancy Canary Wharf offices,jobs for 6,000 of the trough-guzzlers.Doesn't matter if the EMA is here or LaLa land,anybody who wants to sell drugs in the EU has to go through it,so who needs our own agency?What a load of old waffle.:bla:

View attachment 90371

View attachment 90372

The Agency will still exist,will still do it's job,examining medicines from all over the World,including an independent Great Britain,so what's the problem?

Sorry,forgot Albanian cocaine dealers-they don't need to go through the Agency!

The problem is that new treatments will come to Britain after the EU, pharmaceutical companies will put their drugs through trials for the EU first, because it will be the largest market, unless they have a pill that cures stupid, in which case it would seem the market in the UK is bigger at the moment.
The EMA can also get research done into rarer diseases, because it will approve them for use across the EU, the development and trials of drugs is financially rewarding still, to put a drug through trials for the UK alone for a small number of cases requiring it, is not worth developing financially.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's what he and some of the others are hoping for - no deal and go back to Miss Marple Britain of the 1930's. You've only got to look at the Duncan-Smithism of Universal Credit to see what they're going to do to the welfare state.

They will devastate the summer Fisk fabric of this community. Or Corbyn will drive us to economic ruin.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm sorry. Is someone suggesting if we stayed in the EU we would be conscripted into some kind of super army? Would that have been likely?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm sorry. Is someone suggesting if we stayed in the EU we would be conscripted into some kind of super army? Would that have been likely?

It would take years for them to assemble it with all the bickering and who pays the most and all that. Just stick with NATO

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It would take years for them to assemble it with all the bickering and who pays the most and all that. Just stick with NATO

Well yes. Apart from the fact this will never happen, probably not a bad idea. The Tory's will decimate our military forces over the next 4 years. Anyways, aren't these Uber macho, bulldog type remainers on here always binting on about bringing back national service. I suppose they just don't like the idea of a foreigner having any involvement despite Britain conscripting foreign nations into our forces for centuries.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

It's already happening,with the Framework Nations Concept (a NATO proposal),allowing the Germans to shave even more from their contributions by integrating different arms of the military of other countries.Holland,Rumania,and Czech Republic are already on board-ironically,the common language for the battle-group is English!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Pleased to see the Spanish Foreign Minister confirm that all Brits would be ok in Spain,and tourists still be very welcome,even if we leave the EU with no deal!First crack in the solidarity wall of the 27?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here