Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Did I say they were thick? No, you just have. That’s an example of the type of crooked thinking and argument that got us into this mess. Make a claim that I have said something which I have not. A great many people were misled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't give me that and your nonsense about crooked thinking. By your logic, they were misled because they could not work out for themselves that this was the case. And how do you know they were misled. At least you don't dispute your arrogant nature.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Did I say they were thick? No, you just have. That’s an example of the type of crooked thinking and argument that got us into this mess. Make a claim that I have said something which I have not. A great many people were misled.

Indeed. This is a lie constantly peddled by some Brexitears to demean and ridicule others. A nice line in trying to take the moral high ground etc. It's the populist Trump type politics. But it's only a few, not the many

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Don't give me that and your nonsense about crooked thinking. By your logic, they were misled because they could not work out for themselves that this was the case. And how do you know they were misled. At least you don't dispute your arrogant nature.

There’s nothing arrogant about the points I make. If you find them arrogant then you need to ask yourself why you are reacting that way.

Again, you misrepresent me. I’ve presented no ‘logic’ that people were unable to work it out for themselves. If a lie is well told, it can easily be believed by anyone.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The only one playing silly buggers is the UK by quitting the Single Market that buys almost half our total exports.

By contrast the UK is max 20% of their export market, they already have new free trade deals about to come on tap and they'll do very well from enticing businesses based in the UK to relocate to the EU mainland.

The single market is a waste of time.How many of the 27 do we do significant amounts of trade with?No more than 4,so that 20% is a significant amount of a few countries trade.The talk of the EU is of free trade deals,that take decades to sign because the bureaucracy is forever changing the goal posts.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
The single market is a waste of time.How many of the 27 do we do significant amounts of trade with?No more than 4,so that 20% is a significant amount of a few countries trade.The talk of the EU is of free trade deals,that take decades to sign because the bureaucracy is forever changing the goal posts.

the single market, where 50% of our exports go? connected directly to millions of UK jobs?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And thats why they desperately need us. How many of these needy communities have been caused by EU policies. Well Merkels anyway

Of course, the EU are really acting like they need the UK.......FFS.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
There’s nothing arrogant about the points I make. If you find them arrogant then you need to ask yourself why you are reacting that way.

Again, you misrepresent me. I’ve presented no ‘logic’ that people were unable to work it out for themselves. If a lie is well told, it can easily be believed by anyone.

Ok fair enough. So what lies were well told? Would that just be on one side, by chance?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That's true enough. Millions believed in Project Fear...................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

It's not just about exports. The markets in Romania, Portugal, Poland might not be big but they're crucial sources of labour for the UK.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Of course, the EU are really acting like they need the UK.......FFS.

The Germans have all the cards and are playing them. The EU executive are loving it but their German paymasters are making the rules. We are muppets in this ATM. It can only be different if we genuinely are willing to walk, warts and all. And that really will make clear what a nonsense this is and what economic pain it will bring for the bulk of the population.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Waste of time? Tell that to the 1 million of so souls reliant on Automotive manufacturing in the UK

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Waste of time? Tell that to the 1 million of so souls reliant on Automotive manufacturing in the UK

The million people reliant on auto manufacture?Where did you find that,Aesop's Fables?Where is,and who owns this auto manufacture?Loads of cars built in Malta?Loads of trucks built in Cyprus?Tons of vans built in Luxembourg?No,the auto industry is in the significant countries.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

All this lot (except Oxford) were Leave.

35AAF21100000578-0-image-a-4_1466888788290.jpg

One day you clowns will realise there was more to voting Leave than the economy…..........…much much more.
But on and on and on and on you one trick ponies bleat and whine on one subject only.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That's true enough. Millions believed in Project Fear...................

I guess you're right... so many believed those tales of swarthy migrants coming to take our jobs and our women... as Dominic Cummins admitted, it was the lies what clinched it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Whilst the country, post the referendum, rolls about like some sad old drunk the one eyed amongst us still think we are going back to the glory days of the empire :laugh:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
All this lot (except Oxford) were Leave.

View attachment 90318

One day you clowns will realise there was more to voting Leave than the economy…..........…much much more.
But on and on and on and on you one trick ponies bleat and whine on one subject only.

And one day, unutterable clowns like you will realise that there was more to voting Remain than the economy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here