Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well trump has said the dollar is too strong and there are a lot of people caught short of sterling , but ill leave the baseless, wildly innaccurate predictions to you :thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This clearly tells the EU that we are happy to walk away and be totally divorced from them. Suddenly, the 'power' they thought they had over us diminishes. The worst we get is WTO rules - but we can still trade with the EU.

That's my take on it as well.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I voted to stay but now we are leaving I back TM lets get on with it.
Tim Farron is a winging Liberal and sees it a way of winning back thousand of lost votes.

Very much this. I voted to Remain, but she's set her stall out with no ambiguity. She knows what she's doing. I dare any oppostion leader to have delivered that speech with the gravitas she did.

larus

Very much this. I voted to Remain, but she's set her stall out with no ambiguity. She knows what she's doing. I dare any oppostion leader to have delivered that speech with the gravitas she did.

I've been reading some of it on the Telegraph site. Will have to find a clip to watch later as is seems a really well drafted speech. Be interesting how Wee Krankie reacts now

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A bit like "Now what you gonna threaten us with Donald Tusk?".

The most telling quote for me from her speech was this:

I must be clear. Britain wants to remain a good friend and neighbour to Europe. Yet I know there are some voices calling for a punitive deal that punishes Britain and discourages other countries from taking the same path.

That would be an act of calamitous self-harm for the countries of Europe. And it would not be the act of a friend.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Delivery will be key but hard to see what else she could've said at this point? She cannot say we've changed our mind. Knowing the drivers for the out vote she cannot stay in the single market, what else could they have said really?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Farron what an idiot stating already he will vote against it. Must admit though May did seem flustered during question time.

Sorry, he's an idiot. Last time I looked this is a democracy and people in parliament were allowed to make their own choices in votes (rather than being led by a a slight majority). And his area voted to remain too so he's standing up for his constituency.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And ? If youre trying to say that soulman implied obama was voted/kicked out of office then thats a desperately bad effort, and wrong

Clueless

You need to read understand and be able to recall the original post that mentioned both leaders being gone.
Then you may be able to grasp the context.

But I assume you are happy in your own universe

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Clueless

You need to read understand and be able to recall the original post that mentioned both leaders being gone.
Then you may be able to grasp the context.

But I assume you are happy in your own universe
i did .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And ? If youre trying to say that soulman implied obama was voted/kicked out of office then thats a desperately bad effort, and wrong

The post he was replying to was about Obama and Cameron, he then tried to shoehorn Farage in. The post is there and of course I did not mention Obama and being kicked out. In his bitter state any reason goes out of the window.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The post he was replying to was about Obama and Cameron, he then tried to shoehorn Farage in. The post is there and of course I did not mention Obama and being kicked out. In his bitter state any reason goes out of the window.

Rewriting history must be a pastime of yours

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
yes it bloody well did! that for most people *is* what the EU is about, and its often refered to as "the european single market". it is what EU egislative powers are largely there to support, the movement of goods, labour and capital around a market without restriction.
It makes you wonder what planet some of these remainers live on. Leave meant leave. Pure and simple.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

IS THIS THE POST TO WHICH YOU ARE REFERRING TO, THE ONE THAT ACCORDING TO YOU DOES NOT MENTION OBAMA. I MAY BE HOPELESSLY WRONG BUT I THINK ITS EASIER THAT SPOTTING WHERE WILLY IS, BUT THERE IS A CLEAR MENTION OF OBAMA.

Cameron and Obama were in power, Farage was not, yet you still drag him in when the post was about two men in charge of countries in the top six.
Desperate.

As already explained you also need to refer back to the original post to which I replied to which buts everything into context but this is obviously beyond your powers

D

Deleted member 22389

It makes you wonder what planet some of these remainers live on. Leave meant leave. Pure and simple.

Farron on the news talking about getting the best deal and staying in the Single Market. He just doesn't get it does he. Leave means Leave.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Farron on the news talking about getting the best deal and staying in the Single Market. He just doesn't get it does he. Leave means Leave.

Even I understand that.

As much as I think we would be far better off economically being in the single market, it clearly is not an option given that the government does not want freedom of movement.

Farron's viewpoint is similar to that of a divorced bloke thinking he can pop round to his ex-missus for a soapy titwank. It ain't gonna happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here