Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And the good news keeps on coming ...

'Brexit effect' sees biggest boom in US tourists visiting the UK since the 1980s

The "Brexit effect" has seen the biggest increase in US tourists coming to the UK since the 1980s, official data shows. Figures from the Office for National Statistics revealed that the past six months have seen a 25pc rise in visitors from North America compared to the first half of last year.

In June alone there were a record 650,000 visits, up 35 per cent on the same month last year ...

Despite a huge rise in US tourists, two-thirds of the international visitors enjoying London's sites, Cornwall's beaches and Edinburgh's Royal Mile are from the rest of the European Union. Overall the number of overseas visits to the UK for January to June this year hit a record-breaking 19.1 million, up 9 per cent compared to the same period in 2016.

During this time overseas visitors provided a welcome boost to the economy by spending a record £10.6 billion, up 11 per cent on 2016.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-biggest-boom-us-tourists-visiting-uk-since/

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If we COMPLETELY trashed the currency we'd get millions more people coming the UK for their hols and far fewer of us could afford to go abroad and the Brexit chaps on here would regard that as yet more wonderful wonderful news.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] will be along shortly to debunk this with some strange logic.

You honestly need me to debunk [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] claim that the UK's economy is stronger than Italy and Greece and thats about it, shows how dumb you are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You honestly need me to debunk [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] claim that the UK's economy is stronger than Italy and Greece and thats about it, shows how dumb you are.

It was The Economist, not [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]'s claim. But, in the interests of balance I'm very much looking forward to your response to this publication's article.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It was The Economist, not [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]'s claim. But, in the interests of balance I'm very much looking forward to your response to this publication's article.

I have noted you you rarely offer evidence or any data, you kind of offer support to anything that fits your agenda, are you saying that the UK economy is performing only better then Greece and Italy, it is the most absurd claim that any grown up could ever make.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I have noted you you rarely offer evidence or any data, you kind of offer support to anything that fits your agenda, are you saying that the UK economy is performing only better then Greece and Italy, it is the most absurd claim that any grown up could ever make.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jun/08/uk-economy-falls-to-bottom-of-eu-growth-league

Stupid prick. Why don't you actually test what ground you're standing on before making hyperbolic statements about absurd claims?

Windowlicking must be a hobby of yours must it not?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
55,000 killed captured or wounded, not 55,000 dead from typhoid, muppet. If you read the piece it says 12000 died from disease.
Whichever set of numbers you want to use, they all died, the Brits and the Boers, from Britains desire for wealth.

If you tried reading the piece,you uber-muppet,you will see that those figures are just from the SECOND Boer War.Nice try,but you just dig yourself in a bit more each time.Give up while you just look stupid.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Yes it wasn't pretty, wished there was more education in school about the British Empire and its legacy on the world today, there's a lot that could be learnt from it

Perhaps they could teach it alongside a comparison with the Third Reich.Don't recall anything about gas chambers in British history,perhaps you know differently.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jun/08/uk-economy-falls-to-bottom-of-eu-growth-league

Stupid prick. Why don't you actually test what ground you're standing on before making hyperbolic statements about absurd claims?

Windowlicking must be a hobby of yours must it not?

Oi you, you assured me I was on your ignore list, anyone that publicly states anyone from anywhere is on an ignore list makes you the prick.

Even in your own link it states:

However, in year-on-year terms the UK was closer to the EU performance and ahead of the 19-nation eurozone

Did you not even read it, FFS ?

I am not quite sure that an offensive remark is appropriate at anytime, but your 'windowlicker' reference is something that to some might be worth at least a ban and HKFC usually would be right on it if he could, but I suspect that particular leftard moderator might just give you the benefit of the doubt.

But accepting you are a dumbass, just like when we were top of the G7 economic mountain a few months ago, increase or decrease in in growth in a month or quarter is temporary position and absolutely cannot give you a view of any countries genuine economic standing, if you are so stupid to think that the UK economy is only better than Italy and Greece then it shows that you just deserve a ban alone for being so dumb.

Its a bit like the corner shop selling 15 cans of bake beans after only selling 10 last quarter and then stating that the growth increase 50% shows that its performance is better than Marks and Spencers whom might have a turnover of £10 billion but only added 2.2%.

Go and google and come back and give me a reliable source on the UK's current economic position in the world, go on I dare you .........................

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oi you, you assured me I was on your ignore list, anyone that publicly states anyone from anywhere is on an ignore list makes you the prick.

Even in your own link it states:

However, in year-on-year terms the UK was closer to the EU performance and ahead of the 19-nation eurozone

Did you not even read it, FFS ?

I am not quite sure that an offensive remark is appropriate at anytime, but your 'windowlicker' reference is something that to some might be worth at least a ban and HKFC usually would be right on it if he could, but I suspect that particular leftard moderator might just give you the benefit of the doubt.

But accepting you are a dumbass, just like when we were top of the G7 economic mountain a few months ago, increase or decrease in in growth in a month or quarter is temporary position and absolutely cannot give you a view of any countries genuine economic standing, if you are so stupid to think that the UK economy is only better than Italy and Greece then it shows that you just deserve a ban alone for being so dumb.

Its a bit like the corner shop selling 15 cans of bake beans after only selling 10 last quarter and then stating that the growth increase 50% shows that its performance is better than Marks and Spencers whom might have a turnover of £10 billion but only added 2.2%.

Go and google and come back and give me a reliable source on the UK's current economic position in the world, go on I dare you .........................

Did you just take the moral high ground against someone using the phrase "windowlicker" and then use the word "leftTARD" in the same admonishment?! Absolutely priceless. You people.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I am not engaging with people pretending that the British empire was built on anything other than us exploiting everywhere we went. Let's not pretend we have a glorious past where we just tried to help everyone. Ffs.

When I lived in Botswana, this bloke told me about when he was growing up in the late 1950's, in his village how the Colonial District Officer used to pass by. Sometimes he was on his own in his Land-Rover, sometimes with a couple of armed colleagues, but he'd apparently rock up on his own and talk to the elders about how wonderful it all was etc.Then this bloke told me he, and the other elder kids and Mothers who were around, would grab/defend the kids from the kindly district officer's offers of a ride in his Land-Rover to the next village and safe return before dusk, because he'd done it to someones cousin and they knew what he was like and had to make excuses. Full of all sorts were the people running the empire. :rolleyes:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Perhaps they could teach it alongside a comparison with the Third Reich.Don't recall anything about gas chambers in British history,perhaps you know differently.

Incidentally, I lived 10 minutes walk from the old fort in Gaborone. On that site was a lodge that The Jameson Raid set south in glorious failure for The Jameson Raid, that was a failure. That raid inspired the greatest Man of Sussex ever to compose this:

#realbritishempire

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Surely not a surprise that EU fanboys are also big on historical relativism. Anything that denigrates or diminishes GB/UK reputation is a plus.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Did you just take the moral high ground against someone using the phrase "windowlicker" and then use the word "leftTARD" in the same admonishment?! Absolutely priceless. You people.

I quite clearly didnt take the moral high ground, that's a place I have no wish to be, however I reasonably expected that perhaps the Mental poster (whom had previously publicly stated I was on his ignore list) and the aforementioned moderator might at least acknowledge that negative incursion into political correctness.

However my post quickly turned to the original point that perversely stated that the UK was somehow ONLY in front of Italy and Greece in terms of economic performance, its an absolute absurdity when somehow you cite Romania and Latvia as the snapshot to undermine the overall performance of the UK when in the very same piece the Guardian spells it out for you, that actually the GDP growth year on year puts the UK economy in line with the overall EU output performance and ahead of 19 EU member states.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We can stop those coming without work and why would we want to stop those coming to work? We have record employment levels and historically low unemployment. Imagine if we stopped people coming who then employ lots of other people from home and abroad. What happens? Oh yes. Employment down and unemployment up and lower take on taxes and higher cost in benefit. We get poorer. It is effing stupid.

Look at the level of immigration from outside the EU which is even easier to control. Do we? No. the reason? Because on balance we benefit from open borders. But they speak different and god forbid some even look different.

No robust evidence that immigration suppresses wages and people say our public services are stationed. That is despite the contribution this immigrants make who are nett contributors to society. Go for a stroll around your local hospital and listen to the staff, how many are British? Look at performance data for school kids....the worst group (apart from travelers) are white disadvantaged kids. The highest performing kids are those from immigrant backgrounds who have a far smaller group between disadvantaged and non disadvantaged kids. The country NEEDS these kids to stay and be our workforce of the future.

You said we could reduce the number of EU seasonal workers(ie those working/in employment),but now you seem to be moving the goalposts and saying we can stop people coming here if they havnt got a job, since you cant explain how we can stop EU seasonal workers coming here as you suggested, perhaps you can explain the mechanism that we can use to stop EU jobseekers( ie those without work) from entering the country.
Im not sure you really know what you are talking about.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You famously silly person. You are unable to deny - because it's true - a whole series of offensive low rent name calling but instead concentrate on the fact that the person you (completely falsely) brand a murderer was not actually someone posting on this thread.

You said those names didnt bother you before, now they are offensive.....make your mind up.
Of course i dont deny them, they are all true,why would i deny the truth?
The policy which increased the drowning of refugees and economic migrants by encouraging them to travel from safe Turkey to safe Greece was indeed moronic,(if you are going to claim this was some sort of well managed,level headed decision, you need your head tested)if you supported that policy you must ergo be a moron and be complicit in drowning people.Its the truth you Lily Allen types will just have to try and live with as you wash the blood off your hands,FYI crocodile tears works best i hear.
This thread is awash with hypocritical and lying remoaners........again another truth im not denying.
But i agree, unless i have missed it, Angela Merkel has not signed up to NSC and is not an interlocutor on this thread.

I notice you still dont deny you think most people arguing against the EU do it because they are using it as a cover for their deep distrust of foreigners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here