Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Think it's called Palazzo Blanco,Mexican and Italian dishes their main stock-in-trade...The waiters all hate the EU...

Well I can understand you liking it. But these conversations you seem to have with all the waiters... how do they work? Do they all come over to you unprompted with their trays and say "We hate the European Union" or do you have to go round asking them? It's just that I can't recall - or, indeed, imagine - this sort of routine in restaurants.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There's over a dozen and growing Tory MP's backing amendments to it I heard Faisal Islam say on Sky News earlier.

The government is in complete paralysis over Brexit, its going to be the ultimate Zombie parliament.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
In Ayia Napa....did you have it with chips? Brown sauce or ketchup?

Usually with a very pleasant glass or two of grappa,followed by a nice sorbet.I'm sure we could have brought some ketchup from Bedrock,or the British Bulldog,if we had felt the need.Only kitchen-made mayo there though.After all,it's a restaurant,not a schnellimbiss!:smile:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well I can understand you liking it. But these conversations you seem to have with all the waiters... how do they work? Do they all come over to you unprompted with their trays and say "We hate the European Union" or do you have to go round asking them? It's just that I can't recall - or, indeed, imagine - this sort of routine in restaurants.

Well,perhaps in your village you only talk to passing immigrants who have been racially abused,or perhaps your sister-in-law,whichever country she comes from this week.Oh no,you visit the elderly Brexiteers,who have now repented,to accept their apologies for how they voted,as well.If you ever visit an Italian restaurant,with real Italians working there,you might find that they are a pleasant,outgoing,talkative,interesting people.I don't suppose they would be interested in talking to you-you probably regard serving staff as beneath you,judging by your attitude on here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Usually with a very pleasant glass or two of grappa,followed by a nice sorbet.I'm sure we could have brought some ketchup from Bedrock,or the British Bulldog,if we had felt the need.Only kitchen-made mayo there though.After all,it's a restaurant,not a schnellimbiss!:smile:

And a roast on a Sunday?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well,perhaps in your village you only talk to passing immigrants who have been racially abused,or perhaps your sister-in-law,whichever country she comes from this week.Oh no,you visit the elderly Brexiteers,who have now repented,to accept their apologies for how they voted,as well.If you ever visit an Italian restaurant,with real Italians working there,you might find that they are a pleasant,outgoing,talkative,interesting people.I don't suppose they would be interested in talking to you-you probably regard serving staff as beneath you,judging by your attitude on here.

.. and this waffle is an answer to somebody asking you how these conversations come up in restaurants?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And a roast on a Sunday?

Not tried there on a Sunday,not sure it's open.They're still pretty religious and church-going in Cyprus.Tommy's Pub is good for a Sunday roast and big screens etc.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
.. and this waffle is an answer to somebody asking you how these conversations come up in restaurants?

I'm sure that if you had actually read it,instead of being aggressive,you might find the bit about the staff being outgoing and talkative is my answer.But no,you prefer just to start being an internet yobbo.I very much doubt the waiters would talk to you either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway. Getting back on track I'm looking forward to the talks resuming again on Monday 18th September.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm sure that if you had actually read it,instead of being aggressive,you might find the bit about the staff being outgoing and talkative is my answer.But no,you prefer just to start being an internet yobbo.I very much doubt the waiters would talk to you either.

Nobody is being aggressive snowflake. The question was quite plain. Who initiates these cosy chats about the EU? You or the restaurant staff?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Good grief.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nobody is being aggressive snowflake. The question was quite plain. Who initiates these cosy chats about the EU? You or the restaurant staff?

If you consider your question to a post that didn't mention you as non-aggressive,then I pity anyone who has anything to do with you.You have obviously forgotten any manners you might have taught in the Services,and I'm sure with an attitude problem like yours you were taught a few.Normal people in a pleasant environment talk to each other,something you do not seem to have discovered yet,you boor.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If you consider your question to a post that didn't mention you as non-aggressive,then I pity anyone who has anything to do with you.You have obviously forgotten any manners you might have taught in the Services,and I'm sure with an attitude problem like yours you were taught a few.Normal people in a pleasant environment talk to each other,something you do not seem to have discovered yet,you boor.
Waffle

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

When someone starts flapping around like this it means one thing.....bull shit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here