View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

    269 66.09%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

    138 33.91%
Page 3573 of 3626 FirstFirst ... 25733073347335233563357035713572357335743575357635833623 ... LastLast
Results 35,721 to 35,730 of 36252
  1. #35721
    Glory hunting since 1987 ManOfSussex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Eastern Sussex
    Posts
    5,954


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As Baldseagull has pointed out the powers are temporary and fall after 2 years which is before the next scheduled GE.

    The fear of a Corbyn government is an interesting point. What I find confusing is Remain voters who are apparently mainly motivated by economic concerns and instabilty (companies shifting work/business elsewhere) who are voting for Corbyn. It's pretty clear Labour are all over the place on Brexit policy, shifting positions to maximise parliamentary problems for the Tories rather than holding to a principled policy line. It's also obvious that a sudden lurch to the left with numerous interventionist policies plus the promised biggest tax hike since WW2 (much of it on business) ... plus increased powers for unions at the very moment we are leaving the EU is unlikely to help re stability and business confidence. Cognitive dissonance?
    Put simply JC, the fact Corbyn and Labour upsets Tory Brexiteers like you means they're alright by me and they're the only alternative to the vision of John Redwood we have at present that you so admire.

    If Labour were to take power, and note I do say if, you can't predict the future and say it would be a bad thing before giving it a chance/respect the democratic will of the majority/get over it you've lost/it's taking back control etc.
    Last edited by ManOfSussex; 14-09-2017 at 10:14.
    Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
    In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
    Yea, Sussex by the sea!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #35722
      Loon JC Footy Genius's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Middle Earth
      Posts
      5,265


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Put simply JC, the fact Corbyn and Labour upsets Tory Brexiteers means they're alright by me and they're the only alternative to the vision of John Redwood we have at present that you so admire.

      If Labour were to take power, and note I do say if, you can't predict the future and say it would be a bad thing before giving it a chance/respect the democratic will of the majority/get over it you've lost/it's taking back control etc.
      Upsetting people you don't like is probably not the best criteria for choosing a government. The anyone but the Tories stance is also wearing a bit thin.

      There is no precedent for Brexit whereas the Socialist experiment has been tried plenty of times. Not a great track record.
      'Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if we’ve lost, and get on with making the best of it.'
    • #35723
      Glory hunting since 1987 ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Eastern Sussex
      Posts
      5,954


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Upsetting people you don't like is probably not the best criteria for choosing a government. The anyone but the Tories stance is also wearing a bit thin.

      There is no precedent for Brexit whereas the Socialist experiment has been tried plenty of times. Not a great track record.
      Corbyn hysteria is wearing a bit thin too. I'm sure it works amongst Tories, but it's not other like-minded people like yourself who need convincing. Perhaps you're right though, but then better the devil you know surely? Why vote for a giant leap in the dark advocated by the likes of John Redwood and Neil Hamilton? It's a very contradictory position to take to say Labour, which is hardly as socialist as prior 'experiments', will be bad for the future when you've just voted for the great unknown in Brexit. Then Brexit is very contradictory and hypocritical by all sides, as well as unprecedented. The biggest fans of Thatcherism may just have killed it off with Brexit for example. Who knows? Anythings possible politically now.

      Whatever happens though, the last 44 years were ripped up June of last year and we're now having a re-boot and lot of people have become galvanised and interested in politics again and the polls are neck-and-neck now. Perhaps you should get out and pound the streets of the poorer parts of the country when the next election comes yourself to convince floating voters to vote Tory? Wax jacket and welly boots or full-on Rees-Mogg attire might not be best though.

      Name:  CR2JK9NXAAAVUBw.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  38.2 KB
      Last edited by ManOfSussex; 14-09-2017 at 11:02.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #35724

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As Baldseagull has pointed out the powers are temporary and fall after 2 years which is before the next scheduled GE.

      The fear of a Corbyn government is an interesting point. What I find confusing is Remain voters who are apparently mainly motivated by economic concerns and instabilty (companies shifting work/business elsewhere) who are voting for Corbyn. It's pretty clear Labour are all over the place on Brexit policy, shifting positions to maximise parliamentary problems for the Tories rather than holding to a principled policy line. It's also obvious that a sudden lurch to the left with numerous interventionist policies plus the promised biggest tax hike since WW2 (much of it on business) ... plus increased powers for unions at the very moment we are leaving the EU is unlikely to help re stability and business confidence. Cognitive dissonance?
      Can I just make it clear that This Remainer for one is not mainly motivated by economic issues (although they play a part) and I doubt I'm alone. I agree with few of Corbyn's policies but I would vote for his party if I lived in, say, Hove for reasons of sound principle.
    • #35725
      A. Virgo, Football Genius
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      22,800


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can I just make it clear that This Remainer for one is not mainly motivated by economic issues (although they play a part) and I doubt I'm alone. I agree with few of Corbyn's policies but I would vote for his party if I lived in, say, Hove for reasons of sound principle.
      Labour policy to respect the referendum and leave the EU, despite voting against the means to purse that policy. very principled.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
    • #35726
      Loon JC Footy Genius's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Middle Earth
      Posts
      5,265


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Corbyn hysteria is wearing a bit thin too. I'm sure it works amongst Tories, but it's not other like-minded people like yourself who need convincing. Perhaps you're right though, but then better the devil you know surely? Why vote for a giant leap in the dark advocated by the likes of John Redwood and Neil Hamilton? It's a very contradictory position to take to say Labour, which is hardly as socialist as prior 'experiments', will be bad for the future when you've just voted for the great unknown in Brexit. Then Brexit is very contradictory and hypocritical by all sides, as well as unprecedented. The biggest fans of Thatcherism may just have killed it off with Brexit for example. Who knows? Anythings possible politically now.

      Whatever happens though, the last 44 years were ripped up June of last year and we're now having a re-boot and lot of people have become galvanised and interested in politics again and the polls are neck-and-neck now. Perhaps you should get out and pound the streets of the poorer parts of the country when the next election comes yourself to convince floating voters to vote Tory? Wax jacket and welly boots or full-on Rees-Mogg attire might not be best though.

      Name:  CR2JK9NXAAAVUBw.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  38.2 KB
      One man's hysteria is another's legitimate scrutiny and accountability that should apply to all politicians. My position is voting for Brexit returning the UK to a status it previously held and enjoyed by the vast majority of countries around the world (so not that much of a leap). Then voting for a government that has promised to enact the referendum decision setting out guiding principles that I broadly agree with. Yours/others appears to be voting Remain for stability/economic reasons then voting for a (principled?) Leader who was as Eurosceptic as Redwood and Jacob Rees Mogg who has promised to enact numerous policies that are (according to all previous evidence) likely to create instability and economic difficulties. The 'this is the type of Socialism that really really will work this time' argument has been heard many times before. Apparently a new generation may have to experience the pain/failure rather than learn lessons from the past.

      Agree politics is in flux and logical consistent arguments are in short supply at the moment. Interesting times ..
      'Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if we’ve lost, and get on with making the best of it.'
    • #35727
      Loon JC Footy Genius's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Middle Earth
      Posts
      5,265


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can I just make it clear that This Remainer for one is not mainly motivated by economic issues (although they play a part) and I doubt I'm alone. I agree with few of Corbyn's policies but I would vote for his party if I lived in, say, Hove for reasons of sound principle.
      No surprise there then ..
      'Our system rests to a large extent on the notion that we accept the result of free and fair elections with good grace, even if we’ve lost, and get on with making the best of it.'
    • #35728

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Labour policy to respect the referendum and leave the EU, despite voting against the means to purse that policy. very principled.
      I wasn't talking about the Labour Party's principles. I regard the leadership of the Labour Party as a hapless shambles with an approach that makes a mockery of its 'many not the few' mantra. I imagine we are together on that. But as I said, if I lived in Hove I would vote for them because of my opinion - which I don't force upon you but which you may allow me to have - that a Labour government might possibly cause less long term damage to my country than a Tory one of the present kind.
    • #35729
      Glory hunting since 1987 ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Eastern Sussex
      Posts
      5,954


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      One man's hysteria is another's legitimate scrutiny and accountability that should apply to all politicians. My position is voting for Brexit returning the UK to a status it previously held and enjoyed by the vast majority of countries around the world (so not that much of a leap). Then voting for a government that has promised to enact the referendum decision setting out guiding principles that I broadly agree with. Yours/others appears to be voting Remain for stability/economic reasons then voting for a (principled?) Leader who was as Eurosceptic as Redwood and Jacob Rees Mogg who has promised to enact numerous policies that are (according to all previous evidence) likely to create instability and economic difficulties. The 'this is the type of Socialism that really really will work this time' argument has been heard many times before. Apparently a new generation may have to experience the pain/failure rather than learn lessons from the past.

      Agree politics is in flux and logical consistent arguments are in short supply at the moment. Interesting times ..
      I know full well Corbyn's Euro scepticism. To compare him to Rees-Mogg is like comparing me to Theresa May because we both born in Sussex though - chalk and cheese. Brexit is done now though, there is no going back. I did not solely vote remain for economic reasons - there was far more to it than that. The Labour party is the only alternative to the Brexit at any cost ideology of Rees-Mogg and Redwood though that the Tories have at present.

      You voted to undo the last 44 years of social, economic and political integration and go back to how wonderful things were in the early 1970's before it all started, when we still had Hong Kong and Rhodesia - I understand, but don't agree with that. Undoing that will be difficult and painful but it will be done.

      You saying Labour will cause instability and economic difficulties is like me saying Brexit will in the future - and it's 2017, not Harold Wilson and Callaghan now - it's a different world and ball game now. If Brexit causes pain for people, I'm sure you'd accept it as it's your ideological standpoint and I get the impression it wouldn't hurt you as much as someone toward the bottom of the ladder if it does go wrong. You might as well say you can't vote Tory because they'll cause a international ***t storm for the country like Suez again with their foreign policies............oh hang on.

      What will be, will be though. Interesting times as you say.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #35730
      Members
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Warwick
      Posts
      847


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As Baldseagull has pointed out the powers are temporary and fall after 2 years which is before the next scheduled GE.

      The fear of a Corbyn government is an interesting point. What I find confusing is Remain voters who are apparently mainly motivated by economic concerns and instabilty (companies shifting work/business elsewhere) who are voting for Corbyn. It's pretty clear Labour are all over the place on Brexit policy, shifting positions to maximise parliamentary problems for the Tories rather than holding to a principled policy line. It's also obvious that a sudden lurch to the left with numerous interventionist policies plus the promised biggest tax hike since WW2 (much of it on business) ... plus increased powers for unions at the very moment we are leaving the EU is unlikely to help re stability and business confidence. Cognitive dissonance?
      It is two years once this becomes law isn't it? If so plenty of time for an early election of the Tory party eats itself. People who voted remain do not have a viable option with one party being led by a remainer but they are taking us out and oppo led by leaver. Who should people vote for.
yyy