Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
"criticism, suggestion or thought is not allowed". Are you having a laugh, I think having over 2500 pages of moaning and crying and trying to change the democratic vote, proves that "criticism, suggestion or thought IS allowed".

No its not, the people voicing these opinions, or having these thoughts, are doing so against the will of the people, are behaving and thinking undemocratically and are acting to ruin this once great country; they are effectively traitors and should be treated as such.

D

Deleted member 22389

This will delay the triggering of Article 50 no end now, that's if it gets triggered at all. This action has just given more time for the scaremongers to keep doing down Brexit over and over and over again, like the **** on the radio now. This case had nothing to do with democracy, sovereignty or anything else, it was driven by hardened Remainers and the establishment who want the result overturned anyway they can, and just don't like the fact that normal people have spoken, so please spare me this bullshit about this being about democracy.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This will delay the triggering of Article 50 no end now, that's if it gets triggered at all. This action has just given more time for the scaremongers to keep doing down Brexit over and over and over again. This case had nothing to do with democracy, sovereignty or anything else, it was all about taking away the vote from the small man because we can't be trusted. Sorry but these people who bought this action are wankers.

Yep. The Tories should have just accepted the High Court ruling 82 days ago.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This will delay the triggering of Article 50 no end now, that's if it gets triggered at all. This action has just given more time for the scaremongers to keep doing down Brexit over and over and over again, like the **** on the radio now. This case had nothing to do with democracy, sovereignty or anything else, it was all about taking away the vote from the small man because the establishment didn't get what they want.

But it hasn't taken the vote away, it's just ruled that it has to follow the parliamentary process. What's so bad about that?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
"criticism, suggestion or thought is not allowed". Are you having a laugh, I think having over 2500 pages of moaning and crying and trying to change the democratic vote, proves that "criticism, suggestion or thought IS allowed".

Yes and all that 'moaning' has been heavily criticised by those who voted Brexit. That was kind of the point...

D

Deleted member 22389

But it hasn't taken the vote away, it's just ruled that it has to follow the parliamentary process. What's so bad about that?

Because the point of the process it to delay for all those MPs who are hardened Remainers. What happens if nothing gets agreed, another Referendum. I don't trust any of them.
Farron from the Lib Dems just said it himself, he will not be voting for Article 50.

Disgusted with the lot of them.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Because we have had our 5-seconds of democracy when we where allowed to put a cross in a box. Now we all have to get in line and support the result of those crosses, despite that result not being precisely defined. Any criticism, suggestion or thought is not allowed, unless you want to be undemocratic and an enemy of the people who put a cross in the winning box; you have to get in line and support the result as defined by the Tory party.

Still whining on. Cameron gave the vote because he was so rocksure of winning. Democracy ruled and the populace voted out 17.1 M of them which gave a majority over the remainers. Cameron and his fogeys all then up and left leaving the country in a state of flux. May now has to bring the peoples will to fruition. Its best that everybody now supports the will of the people and stop trying to undermine a democratic vote.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
She sounds like one of the very very wealthy Tory and UKIP supporters who eventually forced the government, at great expense, to hold a referendum. These supporters also like to get their own way even though many of them are non domiciled in the UK.

Strange world.
The government was forced to hold a referendum. Yeh, right.............

They thought it was a good idea (which it was, but not in the way they meant it).

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Still whining on. Cameron gave the vote because he was so rocksure of winning. Democracy ruled and the populace voted out 17.1 M of them which gave a majority over the remainers. Cameron and his fogeys all then up and left leaving the country in a state of flux. May now has to bring the peoples will to fruition. Its best that everybody now supports the will of the people and stop trying to undermine a democratic vote.

This 'will of the people' irks me. I get how the majority of voters won a slim majority, but how can it be the 'will of the people' when about 70% of the electorate didn't vote for it? ???
And blindly following May without questioning the dishonesty, the self-contradiction and the wishful thinking, not to mention the petulant threats to turn to the UK in to a coperate tax haven if she doesn't get her way, is absolutely idiotic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who appealed the High Court ruling 82 days ago to the Supreme Court? Gina Miller?
Stupid argument. Who caused the appeal to be needed? Yes, that's right, someone who wanted to thwart the wishes of the majority, making it more difficult (and costly) for the government to do its job.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Because the point of the process it to delay for all those MPs who are hardened Remainers. What happens if nothing gets agreed, another Referendum. I don't trust any of them.
Farron from the Lib Dems just said it himself, he will not be voting for Article 50.

Disgusted with the lot of them.

The whole Lib Dem wanting another referendum is a worry for me. I don't want another referendum. The last one had enough people baffled and that was just a simple Yes or No.

Can you imagine people having to go through all the various terms of Brexit and deciding whether they agreed or not? It'd be lunacy.

D

Deleted member 22389

I want to know how much the tax payer has paid for the government failing in the supreme court against something that was obviously going to fail.

Can't be anymore than what Cameron wasted on his Pro EU Bullshit booklet.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I'm glad you agree, I'm getting pissed off by these lightweight unpatriotic moaning crybabies, I'm sure your are too! I expect they don't like the Queen either. To be honest I suspect some of them are just EU stooges, sent in by Junker et al; the EU is actively trying to subvert British democracy.

People who don't support the will of the people when they voted for something that wasn't precisely and explicitly defined (and still isn't) are just snowflake liberal elite traitorous scumbags (or worse, dirty EU stooges).

We have to fully support May and her clique, and fully enable her to enact in whichever way she sees fit. It would be undemocratic and unpatriotic not to do so.

D

Deleted member 22389

The whole Lib Dem wanting another referendum is a worry for me. I don't want another referendum. The last one had enough people baffled and that was just a simple Yes or No.

Can you imagine people having to go through all the various terms of Brexit and deciding whether they agreed or not? It'd be lunacy.

These &^^**^ don't respect the result of the referendum.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm glad you agree, I'm getting pissed off by these lightweight unpatriotic moaning crybabies, I'm sure your are too! I expect they don't like the Queen either. To be honest I suspect some of them are just EU stooges, sent in by Junker et al; the EU is actively trying to subvert British democracy.

People who don't support the will of the people when they voted for something that wasn't precisely and explicitly defined (and still isn't) are just snowflake liberal elite traitorous scumbags (or worse, dirty EU stooges).

We have to fully support May and her clique, and fully enable her to enact in whichever way she sees fit. It would be undemocratic and unpatriotic not to do so.

That's the spirit, why the complete change of mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here